Dr. Margaret Napolitano, MD

Dr. Margaret Napolitano, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Female | 49 years old

34 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Narrow your results

Dr. Napolitano specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery and practices in Lexington, KY. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Napolitano? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Napolitano's Experience

See how Dr. Napolitano's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Napolitano

Dr. Napolitano accepts 19 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Napolitano has admitting privileges.

Dr. Napolitano's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Napolitano to family and friends
3.1
Dr. Napolitano's Performance
in Lexington, KY |
Had carpal tunnel surgery. I can't even find my scar. Completed my physical therapy as directed and am completely recovered. Dr. Napolitano is very professional and answered all my questions. She is busy because she is such a fine surgeon. That is what I want my doctor to do: be courteous, and most of all highly skilled. She was both. I have developed trigger finger but in my family that is no surprise. Going to her again today. One doesn't get a partnership at K&K without major skill.
Lexington, KY |
I never got to see this provider. I had been referred by an Urgent Care provider following an injury. I had an appointment for 8:30 am and had to travel from one end of town to the other. They had agreed to accept my insurance at the time I was referred, but when I arrived, they refused to see me,. I offered to pay cash and they still refused to see me. Wish I had been told to begin with. They did not offer another provider, I really can not evaluate the facility. I am upset with staff.
in London, KY |
Didn't spend much time talking with us, however she did answer all of our questions. I'm sure the amount of patients she has doesn't leave much room for chatter. Our son broke his hand 2 times 1 year apart and she did both surgeries. I truly trust her and would recommend her to everyone. Great surgeon!!!
in Lawrenceburg ky |
Had corpal tunnel surgery December. Followed instructions totally. The middle finger totally numb along with 2 other fingers. It never got better just worse. I was told multiple times to give it 6 months to a year to get better. After PT recommending another nerve test months 7 and 9 months even though the doctor didn't agree. It was 2 times worse. Had 2nd opinion. Had surgery again with different surgeon. It was the worse he had seen. First dr, 45 mins late to surgery no call.
in Stanford ,ky |
I checked out the doctor before scheduling a appointment and found her to be a lot better than her reviews ! She was both professional and personable and did a excellent surgical job on my finger .Also the surgery was done at central baptist in lexington which is a top hospital .
in Mount Sterling, KY |
I had a camping accident while chopping kindling and almost cut off my thumb! Dr. Napolitano fixed my severed tendon by 'stealing' tendon from another finger, and I have full function of all my digits again. Of course, I followed every instruction, including exercising my hand and fingers as directed (evidently most patients don't). I truly appreciate everything she and her staff did for me, especially their clear and thorough explanations at each step of the way. Amazing doctor!
Lexington, KY |
This doctor needs to learn how to show compassion and talk to patients with understanding and empathy. I did not feel valued as a human being.
Lexington, KY |
I was hoping for compassion and empathy and found very little. While this doctor may be technically sound, her bedside manner needs some serious attention. I did not feel valued as an individual or listened to in a meaningful way.
Lexington, KY |
Seems to have good clinical skills, but bedside manner is severely lacking.
Lexington, KY |
Spends only a few minutes with you and does not listen. Worst I've experience even among specialists.
Lexington, KY |
I didn't feel she really cared about me as a person. Very cool and standoffish. She seems competent, but her personality is offputting.
in Lexington, KY |
Dr Napolitano saw my 86 year old mother on an emergency basis -- she had dislocated her finger. Dr Napolitano and her staff were wonderful. They treated her with care and compassion, and she is not an easy patient. Then they took great care of me when I nearly fainted when the joint was relocated!
Lexington, KY |
Poor communication skills, lack of compassion, aloof and cold.
Have you seen Dr. Margaret Napolitano, MD?
Are you Dr. Napolitano?

Compare Dr. Napolitano

Dr. Napolitano's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery, Hand Surgery and Plastic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Kentucky not available

Dr. Napolitano has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kentucky.

Why It Matters: Dr. Napolitano's Board Certifications

• General Surgery
  • Hand Surgery
  • Plastic Surgery

• De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Hand Fracture

University Of Florida

Graduated in 1993

St Louis University School Of Med
    University Of Fl College Of Med

Dr. Napolitano does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Napolitano and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery