Dr. Margaret McNichol, MD

Dr. Margaret McNichol, MD

Family Medicine  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Margaret McNichol, MD is a family medicine specialist in Portland, OR and has been practicing for 22 years. She graduated from Thomas Jefferson University in 1996 and specializes in family medicine.Read her story

6327 SE Milwaukie Ave

Portland, OR 97202

• Health Net
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. McNichol

Dr. McNichol's Experience

Dr. McNichol's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. McNichol's bio

This content was provided by Dr. McNichol "I was raised in Detroit, Michigan as the 2nd oldest of 6 kids. My dad was a doctor and my mom a nurse, so it's no surprise that I grew up to be both. I moved to Seattle after receiving my nursing degree from University of Michigan and spent 15 years working as a Pediatric nurse there and in and Oakland. I thoroughly enjoyed nursing, but I wanted new challenges, so I returned to school. I entered Jefferson Medical College in center city Philadelphia located just blocks from Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell. The area was rich with history and lots of activity. As much as I enjoyed all that Philadelphia had to offer, I returned to the West Coast to practice medicine. Upon graduation in 1996, I fled the fast pace of the East Coast and moved to Portland to complete a 3 year residency in Family Medicine at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU). Then in 1999, I joined NWPC and have really enjoyed my work here, first at our Milwaukie location and now at the Sellwood clinic."

This content was provided by Dr. McNichol "I like the challenge of the variety of patients I see in clinic every day and I truly do see "newborns to nineties" and am fortunate to know several generations in many of our families.

With my senior patients, I like to open the conversation with their families about their wishes for end of life care planning. We discuss issues and I can answer questions they may have about setting goals, palliative care and hospice plans."

• Family Practice

• Thyroid Screening
  • Vaccination
  • Well Baby Care
  • Wellness Examination

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

• California State Hayward 1988-90
  • Oregon Health Sciences University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Oregon Health Sciences University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. McNichol has no media or publications listed.

Dr. McNichol does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. McNichol and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. McNichol's Reviews

3.9
Likelihood of recommending Dr. McNichol to family and friends

Dr. McNichol's Performance

Dr. McNichol Says:
"

Thank you for taking the time to answer the patient satisfaction survey.  Your responses help me to be a better partner in your healthcare.

Thank you!

Peggy McNichol MD

"

Peggy has been my Dr. for many, many years and has been wonderful. She took great care in listening to you and helping with any problems or routine exams. She will be sadly missed.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I am very pleased with the care I receive from Dr. McNichol. I recently had my husband start seeing her as well. She is very down to earth, easy to talk to, and has always provided me with exceptional care and referred me when appropriate to specialists which all have been great. She is very...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0

Thank you for the wonderful review! We greatly appreciate any and all reviews, but especially enjoy hearing the positive feedback on your patient experience! Trudy Suski Director, Communications Northwest Primary Care

If you need a functional doctor who prescribes medicine and gives you a referral she is the right person. If you are looking for someone who listens, is interested in you as a person and to build a long term relationship with I would say go look for someone else, which is what I will be doing.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option2
Peggy is a special doctor. She is real and she cares about her patients. She cheered for me through my course of many treatments for breast cancer. She sent me to the right doctors. Peggy is a very special person to me and my family. Thanks Peggy your the best.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
Dr. McNichol was my personal physician for many years. Her excellent communication skills, professionalism, and sense of humor made our time together very productive and informative, as well as enjoyable. Dr. McNichol is a great listener, an excellent diagnostician, and has the ability to lay any...more