Dr. Margaret MacGregor, MD

Dr. Margaret MacGregor, MD

Neurosurgery  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Margaret MacGregor, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Hermitage, TN and has been practicing for 19 years. She specializes in neurosurgery.Read her story

Pinnacle Surgical Partners

5651 Frist Blvd Ste 400

Hermitage, TN 37076

• American General
  • American Life & Health Ins. Co.
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Benesight
  • HealthLink
  • Liberty Mutual Insurance Company

Learn about Dr. MacGregor

See how frequently Dr. MacGregor performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Spondylosis
Spinal Stenosis

Dr. MacGregor's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. MacGregor's bio

This content was provided by Dr. MacGregor "Dr. Margaret MacGregor is a native of Morris County, New Jersey. She attended Smith College in Northampton, Massachusetts, where she graduated with honors. She was the recipient of a Fulbright Grant in Physical Chemistry, and studied at the Universität Hamburg, in Germany. She attended UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School (now Rutgers), and completed her neurosurgical training at Loyola University, in Maywood, Illinois. Dr. MacGregor comes to the Nashville area after seventeen and one half years of serving the Springfield, Illinois area. There she worked both in the private sector and as faculty at the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, where she was Clinical Assistant Professor in the Division of Neurosurgery, as well as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Neurology. She is a board certified in Neurosurgery and a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons."

This content was provided by Dr. MacGregor "Our practice philosophy centers around understanding the needs of our patient's and optimizing management strategies for them. We utilize evidence based guidelines and developed a model of integrated care designed to maximize your prospects for improvement.   If surgery is required, we offer minimally invasive solutions for even the most complex disorders.  Our goal is insuring a timely recovery with lasting relief - not just performing more surgery."

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Lesion
  • Brain Tumor
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Subdural Hemorrhage
  • Thoracic Spine Fracture
  • Thrombosis
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University of Hamburg
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1986
  • UMDNJ-- New Jersey Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1992
  • Loyola University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. MacGregor has no media or publications listed.

• German

Dr. MacGregor does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. MacGregor and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. MacGregor's Reviews

4.5
Likelihood of recommending Dr. MacGregor to family and friends

Dr. MacGregor's Performance

Dr. MacGregor Says:
"

Thank you for taking to time to review my practice as it allows us to constantly review and improve our methods for delivering treatment.  Our ultimate goal is to deliver the best healthcare outcome possible, your patient experience is of the utmost importance & priority to us.

"

I had both ACDF and a Lumbar Laminectomy by DR Macgregor,both went great ,and recovery was quick and easy.I would highly recomend her and her great staff.She gave me my life back.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I'm a nurse and asked my colleagues who I should go see if I required treatment. She is a true professional. Even though I knew the basics of what was going on with me she explained why it had recently degenerated and what could be done to improve my condition. I had Surgery last Friday and this...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
What a genius! The time she spends with you explaining and answering questions. Her surgery has changed my life. she operated on my mother-in-law in the past and my family wanted me to see her. She has treated two of my brothers as well, she is the only surgeon for us.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Super experience! I had surgery and feel like I have taken my life back. I feel so good it seems like all areas of my life have improved, thank for everything Doctor! I'm so happy!!!!!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Had my one year check up today with Dr. MacGregor. Back has healed great and no more pain, numbness and all other issues are gone. The staff was very polite and courtesy. Showed me my MRI and answered all my questions that I had for her. I would have this surgery again. It's great living pain free....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0