Dr. Margaret Block, MD

Dr. Margaret Block, MD

Oncology  ·
Female  ·
Dr. Margaret Block, MD is an oncology specialist in Omaha, NE. She graduated from Albany Medical College and specializes in oncology, hematology, and more.Read her story

17201 Wright St Ste 200

Omaha, NE 68130

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Block

See how frequently Dr. Block performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Cancer
Breast Diseases
Cancer

Dr. Block's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Block's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Block "I was born and raised in Queens, NY. After completing medical school at Albany Medical College in upstate New York, I completed a residency and fellowship at Rush-Presbyterian/St. Luke's Medical Center in Chicago, as well as an additional fellowship at the University of Wisconsin, Clinical Cancer Center in Madison, WI. I am actively involved in charitable organizations surrounding cancer research, as well as professional medical organizations including the American Medical Association (AMA) and the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). In my spare time, I can be found pursuing my passion for photography, enjoying the outdoors, spending quality time with my family and pets, and supporting local charitable organizations including the Nature Conservancy and the Joslyn Art Museum."

This content was provided by Dr. Block "As an individual whose own family has been touched by cancer, I consider the diagnosis, care and treatment of every patient as carefully as I would a member of my own family.  With my primary interests in clinical practice, I understand the importance of providing the most advanced treatment options to my patients. I have served as a principal investigator for several cancer studies and participate strongly and actively in many research studies to offer exceptional, innovative care for my patients."

• Oncology

• Cancer Treatment
  • Chemotherapy
  • Genetic Counseling Services
  • Hematologic Disorder Treatment
  • HPC Transplantation (Stem Cell Transplant)
  • Induction Chemotherapy
  • Intrathecal Chemotherapy
  • Plasmapheresis
  • Radiation Therapy
  • Therapeutic Phlebotomy

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Nebraska.

• Rensselaer
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • Albany Medical College
    Medical School | Graduated
    Internship Hospital | Completed
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • University of Wisconsin / Madison
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Block has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Block does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Block and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Block's Reviews

3.6
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Block to family and friends

Dr. Block's Performance

Seldom saw Dr. Block. Did not give complete test reseults when decisions to be made. Appt. changed frequently due to MD’s schedule. When a decision was made by patient for Hospice MD argued that it was not the right decision. Pain management was poor. She is knowledgeable. No consistency in...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Block is the most caring, competent doctor in this field. She provides you the quality care while listening to your concerns. She saved my life and with the kind of care and compassion you need during a difficult time.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I had the utmost confidence in Dr. Block from the first time I met with her after my triple negative breast cancer diagnosis. She made me feel I was getting the absolutely right treatment for my cancer, and I now have no evidence of disease! I am so grateful for the care I received from Dr. Block...more
Are you Dr. Block?