Dr. Marcus Owen, MD

Dr. Marcus Owen, MD

Rheumatology  ·
Dr. Marcus Owen, MD is a rheumatology specialist in Murfreesboro, TN. He graduated from University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine and specializes in rheumatology.

1272 Garrison Dr

Murfreesboro, TN 37129

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • Bluegrass Family Health
  • CHAMPVA
  • Cigna-HealthSpring
  • Golden Rule

Learn about Dr. Owen

See how frequently Dr. Owen performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
Osteoarthritis of Hands
Arthritis

Dr. Owen's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Owen "The Rheumatology department specializes in diagnosis and treatment for adults with rheumatic and immunologic diseases. There are more than 100 types of these diseases/conditions. These vary from simple to complex and mild to life threatening. They include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, pseudogout, psoriatic arthritis, systemic lupus, tendonitis/bursitis, fibromyalgia, osteoporosis, vasculitis and others."

• Rheumatology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Rheumatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• Trinity U
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • University of Arkansas
  • University Of Texas Southwestern Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Owen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Owen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Owen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Owen's Reviews

3.1
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Owen to family and friends

Dr. Owen's Performance

GOOD

I have been under the care of Dr. Owen since 2008 for fibromyalgia. I started seeing him in Tupelo, MS & followed him even after he moved to Nashville & Murfreesboro after that. He is that good. He takes time to ask & answer pertinent questions and give me real solutions. If you are looking for...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I've been seeing Dr Owen for a few years now. He has always been very attentive to my situation. I was able to get on different biologics with his help~ we tried many until we found one that would control my RA. I have recommended him to my friends as I have always gotten in to see him in a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I was referred to Dr. Owen by my PCP for possible Lupus. I had bloodwork done beforehand which turned out to be negative for that diagnosis(thankfully). While he was polite he didn't address any of my symptoms and family history of auto-immune disease. I honestly do not think he even looked at my...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
I started seeing Dr. Owen for my RA about a year ago. He has not been engaged or compassionate about my care. No communication. My disease has progressed so rapidly the last 3 months that I am now crippled in my hands and have to use a wheel chair.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I started going to Dr Owen two years ago. My pain level is much better now. He is very attentive and knowledgeable and listens to me. A good doctor and nice man. I live in Nashville and well worth the drive to Murfreesboro. I highly recommend.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option6thumbs down icon option1