Dr. Marcus Barnett, MD

Dr. Marcus Barnett, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
Dr. Marcus Barnett, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 33 years.

11307 FM 1960 Rd W Ste 210

Houston, TX 77065

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Barnett

See how frequently Dr. Barnett performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Vaginal Delivery and VBAC
Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
Ovarian Cysts

Dr. Barnett's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Barnett "Patient satisfaction is my number one goal. I provide expert woman's healthcare in a comfortable private office setting. I am a board certified medical doctor specializing in women's healthcare and cosmetic surgery. You will not be seen by a nurse practitioner. I take time to listen to each and every one of my patients thoroughly."

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

Undergraduate School | Graduated 1980
  • University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston
    Medical School | Graduated 1984

• H Texas Magazine : Houston's Top Docs for Women, 2004

Dr. Barnett has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Barnett does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barnett and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Barnett's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barnett to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Barnett's Performance
in HOUSTON |
Terribly unprofessional doctor! I WENT for several issues, heavy bleeding(requires the use of a diaper during my menstruals) mood swings, weight gain of almost 30 pounds in a year, likely due to my multiple fibroids and hormonal issues. Instead I was told how, at 248 pounds, I was morbidly obese and a risk to do surgery for! Yes, im overweight, but definetly not morbidly and I'm a registered nurse, so I'm aware of the risks vs benefits!! Disgusting person!
Houston,Tx |
Husband Experience Great doctor to my wife. Delivered both our children but waiting at his office is minimum 45min and the billing department is crappy and may bill you wrongfully and the staff will missinform you of certain billing payments. They were trying to charge 350 for delivery which is actually covered 100% (always check your benefits) and after already having my FMLA paper for over a month, they failed to call and notify me that he charges $25 to sign for FMLA papers.
Dallas, TX |
Great Doctor , amazing staff.
Cypress, TX |
I have gone to Dr. B for all 3 of my kids. He isn't amazing! Great bedside manners, answers all my questions, tells me like it is, not to freak me out but to know something could be serious. He has shown me true concern for some of my medical problems and is always there. Absolutely amazing dr!
in Brenham, TX |
I waited 55 minutes in the waiting room without ever being acknowledged. It was right after lunch and there was only one lady there and she was waiting on her ride to leave. 3 other patients came in about 15 minutes after me and for 35 there was no staff at the desk. When they finally showed up, no explanation or apologies were given and then 2 patients were taken back before me! The staff were very unfriendly and curt. I then waited 20 more minutes in the exam room.
in Houston |
Dr. Barnett has a very pleasant personality. He spends time answering questions and giving explanations where necessary. His easy and reassuring style sets my mind at ease.
Cypress, TX |
Dr. B is a good doctor overall, but I think he overbook his patients. I was schedule for surgery at 10am and never saw Dr. B. They came in and told me that he got called to L&D by this time it was 1pm. So I politely ask them to remove my IV and I'll reschedule. I call his office the next day and it took 1 week for his surgery scheduler to return my call. Needless to say I've never had the surgery and I'm currently looking for another OB-GYN.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Barnett took his time to answer all my questions, his staff was very friendly, and made me feel comfortable. I will highly recommend.
in houston, tx |
sooooo very patient , answered all my questions and concerns. he is gentle and kind
Tomball, TX |
I would recommend.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Barnett is a great doctor, very professional and caring. The only thing that I don't like, is that some times you can be there for only 30 minutes and others over 2 hours. I learned my lesson this last time, don't go in ultrasounds days!!!! Other than that, highly recommended!!!!
in Prairie View, TX |
Very patient and thorough! Would recommend to family, friends and strangers!
in Cypress, TX |
Dr MarcusBarnett will be delivering my 2nd child which is my baby #4, his bed side manner is awesome, he is patient and takes time to listen and anwser all your questions. He delivered my daughter 2 years ago and my husband and I are looking forward to him delivering our son soon! I would recommend Dr Marcus Barnett to any woman I know for all their ON GYN needs!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Barnett is a very profesional and he talk easy clear and he take the time on your question i have surgery past abril 20,2016 the week with all the problems wheather and the city and he and his team always make me fill good and did good care about my recovery. Pd. My first lenguage its Spanish
Houston, TX |
Dr. Barnett is an awesome physician. Easy to talk to and take time with each patient. I have been a patient for 16 yrs. Lately the wait time is dissatisfactory. New patients who take an hour or longer to complete their new patient paperwork prevent others from being seen in a timely manner. It is very unfair to other patients who have to wait until they have completed the paperwork to be seen. Perhaps new patient information should be done online to help with this process.
There was a long wait even with an appointment and he was very unprofessional . The staff was nice though .
in houston, texas |
I have been with Dr.Barnett for awhile now, he has the ability to put you at ease when he comes to see you. Would refer him anytime to anyone.
I have been seeing Dr Barnett for 4 years and I can't possibly see myself with any other dr. I am so great full to have him to deliver my baby. He is very patient with me and answers every last one of my questions. I would recommend him to everyone.
in Houston, TX |
He answered all of my questions and made my daughter feel comfortable at the visit. He was very knowledgable.
in Houston, Texas |
The Dr. Barnett and his staff was very polite, attentive, and had excellent customer service.
in Houston, TX |
In general all the service is good, there just too long to wait in the previous room before going to consultation, Dr. Barnett is a very polite and attentive person , excellent doctor, the nursing staff I think that might be a little more attentive and less cold to care for patients.
in Houston, Texas |
Had a great experience. ....The staff were very courteous and friendly. Dr. Barnett's beside manner was awesome!!Finished my exam and scurried off to deliver a baby.
in Houston Texas |
Dr. Barnett was so amazing. He answered all my questions and explained why I was feeling certain things with my pregnancy and when he was doing his procedures he was very gentle and explained step by step what he was doing.The wait time was a little long but that's because you can tell he takes his time with each patient. Really enjoyed him, and I feel super comfortable he will be delivering my first baby. He is the first male ob I've had and I was so comfortable with him
Have you seen Dr. Marcus Barnett, MD?
Are you Dr. Barnett?