Dr. Marcus Barnett, MD

Dr. Marcus Barnett, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male

Marcus D Barnett MD PA 11307 FM 1960 Rd W Ste 210 Houston, TX 77065 Get Directions

Patient satisfaction is my number one goal. I provide expert woman's healthcare in a comfortable private office setting. I am a board certified medical doctor specializing in women's healthcare and cosmetic surgery. You will not be seen by a nurse practitioner. I take time to listen to each and every one of my patients thoroughly.

Dr. Marcus Barnett, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 59 years old and has been practicing for 33 years. Dr. Barnett is affiliated with Cypress Fairbanks Medical Center.

Dr. Barnett's Experience

See how Dr. Barnett's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Barnett

Dr. Barnett accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Barnett has admitting privileges.

Dr. Barnett's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barnett to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Barnett's Performance
Cypress, TX |
I have gone to Dr. B for all 3 of my kids. He isn't amazing! Great bedside manners, answers all my questions, tells me like it is, not to freak me out but to know something could be serious. He has shown me true concern for some of my medical problems and is always there. Absolutely amazing dr!
in Brenham, TX |
I waited 55 minutes in the waiting room without ever being acknowledged. It was right after lunch and there was only one lady there and she was waiting on her ride to leave. 3 other patients came in about 15 minutes after me and for 35 there was no staff at the desk. When they finally showed up, no explanation or apologies were given and then 2 patients were taken back before me! The staff were very unfriendly and curt. I then waited 20 more minutes in the exam room.
in Houston |
Dr. Barnett has a very pleasant personality. He spends time answering questions and giving explanations where necessary. His easy and reassuring style sets my mind at ease.
Cypress, TX |
Dr. B is a good doctor overall, but I think he overbook his patients. I was schedule for surgery at 10am and never saw Dr. B. They came in and told me that he got called to L&D by this time it was 1pm. So I politely ask them to remove my IV and I'll reschedule. I call his office the next day and it took 1 week for his surgery scheduler to return my call. Needless to say I've never had the surgery and I'm currently looking for another OB-GYN.
in Dallas, TX |
Dr. Barnett took his time to answer all my questions, his staff was very friendly, and made me feel comfortable. I will highly recommend.
in houston, tx |
sooooo very patient , answered all my questions and concerns. he is gentle and kind
Tomball, TX |
I would recommend.
Houston, TX |
Dr. Barnett is a great doctor, very professional and caring. The only thing that I don't like, is that some times you can be there for only 30 minutes and others over 2 hours. I learned my lesson this last time, don't go in ultrasounds days!!!! Other than that, highly recommended!!!!
in Prairie View, TX |
Very patient and thorough! Would recommend to family, friends and strangers!
in Cypress, TX |
Dr MarcusBarnett will be delivering my 2nd child which is my baby #4, his bed side manner is awesome, he is patient and takes time to listen and anwser all your questions. He delivered my daughter 2 years ago and my husband and I are looking forward to him delivering our son soon! I would recommend Dr Marcus Barnett to any woman I know for all their ON GYN needs!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Barnett is a very profesional and he talk easy clear and he take the time on your question i have surgery past abril 20,2016 the week with all the problems wheather and the city and he and his team always make me fill good and did good care about my recovery. Pd. My first lenguage its Spanish
Houston, TX |
Dr. Barnett is an awesome physician. Easy to talk to and take time with each patient. I have been a patient for 16 yrs. Lately the wait time is dissatisfactory. New patients who take an hour or longer to complete their new patient paperwork prevent others from being seen in a timely manner. It is very unfair to other patients who have to wait until they have completed the paperwork to be seen. Perhaps new patient information should be done online to help with this process.
There was a long wait even with an appointment and he was very unprofessional . The staff was nice though .
in houston, texas |
I have been with Dr.Barnett for awhile now, he has the ability to put you at ease when he comes to see you. Would refer him anytime to anyone.
I have been seeing Dr Barnett for 4 years and I can't possibly see myself with any other dr. I am so great full to have him to deliver my baby. He is very patient with me and answers every last one of my questions. I would recommend him to everyone.
in Houston, TX |
He answered all of my questions and made my daughter feel comfortable at the visit. He was very knowledgable.
in Houston, Texas |
The Dr. Barnett and his staff was very polite, attentive, and had excellent customer service.
in Houston, TX |
In general all the service is good, there just too long to wait in the previous room before going to consultation, Dr. Barnett is a very polite and attentive person , excellent doctor, the nursing staff I think that might be a little more attentive and less cold to care for patients.
in Houston, Texas |
Had a great experience. ....The staff were very courteous and friendly. Dr. Barnett's beside manner was awesome!!Finished my exam and scurried off to deliver a baby.
in Houston Texas |
Dr. Barnett was so amazing. He answered all my questions and explained why I was feeling certain things with my pregnancy and when he was doing his procedures he was very gentle and explained step by step what he was doing.The wait time was a little long but that's because you can tell he takes his time with each patient. Really enjoyed him, and I feel super comfortable he will be delivering my first baby. He is the first male ob I've had and I was so comfortable with him
Have you seen Dr. Marcus Barnett, MD?
Are you Dr. Barnett?

Compare Dr. Barnett

}

Dr. Barnett's Care Philosophy

Dr. Barnett's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• H Texas Magazine : Houston's Top Docs for Women, 2004

Dr. Barnett has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Barnett's Board Certifications

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Blood Disorders in Pregnancy
  • Breech Position
  • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Mastodynia
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Ovarian Cancer
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Preeclampsia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston

Graduated in 1984

Morehouse College

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Barnett does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barnett and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Birth Control
  • C-Section
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Endocervical Curettage
  • Hysterectomy - Open
  • Hysteroscopy
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC