Dr. Marco Harmaty, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive SurgeryMaleAge 46

Telehealth services available

New Patient

Current Patient

Dr. Marco Harmaty, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in New York, NY. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Mount Sinai Queens and Mount Sinai Beth Israel. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Harmaty to book an appointment.

May Center for Mount Sinai Doctors

New Patient?
Mount Sinai Hospital5 E 98th St New York, NY 10029

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Harmaty is affiliated with Mount Sinai Morningside New York, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

More Plastic Surgery Specialists at May Center for Mount Sinai Doctors

Dr. Harmaty's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Harmaty

Dr. Harmaty?
  • Listened & answered questions (12)
  • Office environment (12)
  • Staff friendliness (12)
  • Long wait times (2)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (1)
Dr Harmaty is amazing! He's knowledgeable, confident, great bedside manners and takes his time to explain everything. I had a breast reduction with him in preparation for mastectomy which he will also be performing. I cant say enough great things! He is amazing!
HC – Mar 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marco Harmaty, MD?
I love love Dr Harmaty I never have in my life a doctor like him, very professional, he knows what’s he’s doing, he calls me the next day after my surgery and check on me every now and then. I highly recommend him and the staff is on point.
Marie Cesar – Feb 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marco Harmaty, MD?
This doctor doesn’t have the expertise to perform the surgery he claims in his online bio he performs regularly. I contacted him to make an appointment based on it. He knew in advance what surgery I sought but waited until the consult to admit that the breast implants he inserts invariably slip out of place. You’d think he’d bother to research the technique since he alleges he performs it regularly. There are other surgeons in the same location he could ask. He did make the effort to have a billing staffer provide a surgical estimate before any details were pinned down, yet didn’t speak to removing the capsule that forms around implants, if he does, and mine contain leaked silicone. This was a revision of ruptured implants. His patients don’t know what scars or risks to expect. When I asked specific questions, he didn’t answer but conceded that only rarely has he done augmentation and implant exchange so shouldn’t do the surgery. Big mistake to choose him. He never corrected his bio!
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marco Harmaty, MD?
Very caring and compassionate surgeon. Procedures are done perfectly.
Jan 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marco Harmaty, MD?
I became Dr. Harmaty’s patient during the most difficult point in my life. I can’t say enough how thankful I am for his care. I saw him about once a week for seven months and he did two surgeries on me. Dr. Harmaty looked into a plethora of treatment options, consulted different physicians to get me the most comprehensive care, and most importantly, never gave up despite a lack of answers. Dr. Harmaty always took a few seconds to think before speaking which made me feel like he was internalizing what was being said and that his answers were well thought out. He answered all my emails promptly, read articles I sent along, and got me into my surgeries quickly. He took my pain into account and did all he could to minimize it. It made me feel like I was being taken seriously. My surgery results (so far) have been astounding and I feel like I’ve gotten my life back. I feel such indebtedness to him for giving me back my body and my sanity. I would, without a doubt, recommend him.
Shireen L – Jan 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marco Harmaty, MD?
I am a patient of Dr Harmaty. He is an excellent surgeon, I had two surgeries of reconstruction one last year and the second few months ago and a couple of weeks ago I had blepharoplasty The results are sublime. He is not just a five stars surgeon, but he is a wonderful person, caring, kind and extremely gentle. I raccomand him to all people who need a plastic surgery . He is wonderful .
COZ in New York – Apr 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marco Harmaty, MD?
I am amazed by the result - I had a surgery for fibroid and Dr. Harmaty came to suture me up. 4 years later, there is barely a scar~!
Victoria in New York, NY – Aug 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marco Harmaty, MD?
Dr. Harmaty is professional kind understanding and sweet. He explained all procedures to me and has always taken the time to make sure I am happy and comfortable with my results. I am so grateful for him and the results are wonderful. Every dr I have seen for any other reason always comments on what a beautiful reconstruction I have. He will take time for me always and he's just a really incredible Dr.
Shira Sparkles in NY – Jul 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marco Harmaty, MD?
I had surgery on 3/20/17 for which Dr. Harmaty did a fantastic job on my abdomen and buttocks, to mend the surgical wounds left behind from bowel resection. On 4/18/17 I went through abdominal surgery again due to complete bowel obstruction. He had to re-sew up the very same belly incision site, which was even more challenging this time considering the short lapse of time from the previous surgery. Once more Dr. Harmaty has demonstrated unparalleled plastic surgical skills.He's GOOD!
HE in Brooklyn, NY – May 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marco Harmaty, MD?
Dr Harmaty isa fine doctor &gentleman. I had colostomy 4 which he removed a large piece of my abdominal skin/ muscle to patch the gaping hope in my bottom. His work was such a beauty that each &every medical specialist who examined me sang high praise of it. In person he is quiet, gentle, easygoing, caring& all smiles, at work Dr. Harmaty is focused, adept, dexterous & extremely gifted. "Like mentor, like trainee." His prodigy students are of refinement as well: humble,able,capable& respectable.
Hui HE in Brooklyn, NY – Mar 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marco Harmaty, MD?
Anyone would be fortunate to have Dr Harmaty as their plastic surgeon. He is skilled and dedicates himself to achieving a great result for his patients. He is also empathetic and a good communicator, he takes the time to listen to his patients, answer their questions and make sure he understands their needs. He also makes himself very accessible to address any questions or concerns. His staff are professional and caring. I highly recommend this dr.
NM in New York, NY – Sep 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marco Harmaty, MD?
Dr. Harmaty was super friendly and caring to my mother whose abdominal wall he repaired. He also took the time to answer my questions, which were numerous, about follow up care. He had a wonderful manner.
minoti patel in New York, NY – Feb 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marco Harmaty, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Harmaty?

No malpractice claims found for New York

• Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Skin Grafts
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Harmaty accepts

Dr. Harmaty accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth