Dr. Marcia Sawa, MD

Dr. Marcia Sawa, MD

Psychiatry | Female

Dr. Marcia Sawa, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Evanston, IL. She is 64 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Sawa is affiliated with Evanston Hospital.

Dr. Sawa's Experience

See how Dr. Sawa's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sawa

Dr. Sawa accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Sawa has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sawa's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sawa to family and friends
1.7
Dr. Sawa's Performance
in Evanston, IL |
This is a follow-up. Dr. Sawa's nastiness has been reported to the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, the NorthShore Medical Group, and to her superior, Dr. F. Miller. They found nothing wrong with her behavior nor, apparently, with the more than 15 negative reviews I found online. I copied and pasted and submitted them with my personal complaint. Nothing will improve unless more people she frightened or whose time she wasted... report her.
Evanston, IL |
This was one of the worst experiences I've ever had with a doctor. Sawa seemed perturbed to even see me at the beginning, which I just ignored because I figured I was going to get sound medical advice. She asked me a couple questions and then kept bulging out her eyes at me like she was incessantly annoyed to be even having the conversation. She talked to me for only 10 minutes and then started berating me and listing out what she deemed as my extensive problems. It was frankly very upsetting.
in Evanston, IL |
I saw Dr. Sawa once. That was all it took for me to feel her instant dislike for me and and all the anger she then accused ME of. Angry, sarcastic, cold, uncaring, almost hostile. When I tried to switch to another MD in the psych department - one who was originally recommended to me but who was not taking new patients at that time - she would not allow my chart to be transferred to another doctor. I was literally SHUT OUT of seeking psychiatric care at my own hospital, in my own medical plan.
Evanston, IL |
I had to switch to Dr. Sawa because my previous doctor moved. He general demeanor is cold and uncaring. You can tell from her body language and general attitude that she has grown to hate her job and probably the rest of her life, too. She changed my medication that has been working well for me so far, and spent our entire 20 min session together chastising me about everything i do wrong in regards to my mental health. She didn't let up until she had me in tears in her office.
in Evanston, IL |
Simply put this is the worst experience I have ever had with a medical professional. Her manner was curt and dismissive from the moment she called me to her office. After talking with me, or rather at me, for 15 minutes she was magically able to discern that my previous diagnosis was inaccurate, my medication was dangerous and the dosage was homeopathic. Apparently she not only lacks respect for her patients, but for her colleagues as well. I would not recommend this charlatan to anyone.
Evanston, IL |
The poor reviews are true. Dr. Sawa is quite rude and on several occasions made errors, from confusing me with another patient to never remembering my medical history. I ended up on a very destructive path on meds I never should have had, and it was only after leaving her care that I became much better, became completely rx-free, and felt like myself. I'm sure she is fine for certain people and conditions, but if you sense something is off or you could do better, you are probably right.
I had to see her because my health insurance changed and I could not see my previous psychiatrist under my new plan. Sawa didn't listen to a thing I said and is taking me off medications I know work, even when I begged her to not do that. I will not be returning.
Have you seen Dr. Marcia Sawa, MD?
Are you Dr. Sawa?

Compare Dr. Sawa

}

Dr. Sawa's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Psychiatry
  •  Board certified in Psychiatry

Dr. Sawa has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sawa's Board Certifications

• Psychiatry

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Homicidal Ideation
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychogenic Disorders (incl. Psychogenic Pain)
  • Psychosis

Northwestern Memorial Hospital-Medical School

Completed in 1998

Northwestern Memorial Hospital-Medical School

Completed in 2001

Dr. Sawa does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sawa and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Psychiatry

• Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)