Dr. Marcia Sawa, MD

Dr. Marcia Sawa, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Marcia Sawa, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Evanston, IL. She is 64 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Sawa is affiliated with Evanston Hospital.

2650 Ridge Ave # 5303

Evanston, IL 60201

Learn about Dr. Sawa

See how frequently Dr. Sawa performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Anxiety
Psychiatric Evaluation
Psychosis Due to Mental Illness

Dr. Sawa's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Antisocial Personality Disorder
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Marijuana Addiction
  • Nondependent Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Sedative, Hypnotic, or Anxiolytic Dependence
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Suicidal Ideation
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
  • Group Psychotherapy
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1997
  • Northwestern Memorial Hospital-Medical School
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Northwestern Memorial Hospital-Medical School
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Sawa has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Sawa does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sawa and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sawa's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sawa to family and friends
1.7
Dr. Sawa's Performance
in Evanston, IL |
I thought she was GONE. I received her letter of resignation from NSUHS in 9/2016. Yet, now she shows up as a member of my so-called CareTeam. Talk about waving a red flag in front of a bull! No one seems to understand how terrible my 20 minutes with her (in 2014) actually were. HOW CAN SHE ACTUALLY BE ON MY CARETEAM? This is cruel.
in Evanston, IL |
This is a follow-up. Dr. Sawa's nastiness has been reported to the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation, the NorthShore Medical Group, and to her superior, Dr. F. Miller. They found nothing wrong with her behavior nor, apparently, with the more than 15 negative reviews I found online. I copied and pasted and submitted them with my personal complaint. Nothing will improve unless more people she frightened or whose time she wasted... report her.
Evanston, IL |
This was one of the worst experiences I've ever had with a doctor. Sawa seemed perturbed to even see me at the beginning, which I just ignored because I figured I was going to get sound medical advice. She asked me a couple questions and then kept bulging out her eyes at me like she was incessantly annoyed to be even having the conversation. She talked to me for only 10 minutes and then started berating me and listing out what she deemed as my extensive problems. It was frankly very upsetting.
in Evanston, IL |
I saw Dr. Sawa once. That was all it took for me to feel her instant dislike for me and and all the anger she then accused ME of. Angry, sarcastic, cold, uncaring, almost hostile. When I tried to switch to another MD in the psych department - one who was originally recommended to me but who was not taking new patients at that time - she would not allow my chart to be transferred to another doctor. I was literally SHUT OUT of seeking psychiatric care at my own hospital, in my own medical plan.
Evanston, IL |
I had to switch to Dr. Sawa because my previous doctor moved. He general demeanor is cold and uncaring. You can tell from her body language and general attitude that she has grown to hate her job and probably the rest of her life, too. She changed my medication that has been working well for me so far, and spent our entire 20 min session together chastising me about everything i do wrong in regards to my mental health. She didn't let up until she had me in tears in her office.
in Evanston, IL |
Simply put this is the worst experience I have ever had with a medical professional. Her manner was curt and dismissive from the moment she called me to her office. After talking with me, or rather at me, for 15 minutes she was magically able to discern that my previous diagnosis was inaccurate, my medication was dangerous and the dosage was homeopathic. Apparently she not only lacks respect for her patients, but for her colleagues as well. I would not recommend this charlatan to anyone.
Evanston, IL |
The poor reviews are true. Dr. Sawa is quite rude and on several occasions made errors, from confusing me with another patient to never remembering my medical history. I ended up on a very destructive path on meds I never should have had, and it was only after leaving her care that I became much better, became completely rx-free, and felt like myself. I'm sure she is fine for certain people and conditions, but if you sense something is off or you could do better, you are probably right.
I had to see her because my health insurance changed and I could not see my previous psychiatrist under my new plan. Sawa didn't listen to a thing I said and is taking me off medications I know work, even when I begged her to not do that. I will not be returning.
Have you seen Dr. Marcia Sawa, MD?
Are you Dr. Sawa?