Dr. Marci Bowers, MD

24 Reviews
Dr. Bowers

Bay Area Reproductive Healthcare

345 Lorton Ave Ste 101 Burlingame, CA 94010

Dr. Marci Bowers, MD is a pelvic reconstruction surgery specialist in Burlingame, CA and has been practicing for 29 years. She graduated from University Of Minnesota Medical School in 1986 and specializes in pelvic reconstruction surgery and gynecology.

• Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals
  • Practices at top hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals
  • Clean hospital Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is clean. See hospitals

Dr. Bowers accepts

Dr. Bowers accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Advantage Preferred DirectAccess Plus PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California PPO
Select PPO
Medicaid of Washington State
San Francisco Health Plan

1 disciplinary action Found
  • Disciplinary action in another state (1/16/2017)View details
No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Bowers' experience treating your condition or procedure

• Intrauterine Device (IUD) Placement
  • Intrauterine Device (IUD) Removal
  • Labiaplasty
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Orchiectomy
  • Pap Tests and Pelvic Exams
  • Pelvic Pain
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Tracheal Surgery

2.8

Dr. Bowers?
Dr. Bowers' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Marci Bowers, MD
Marci Bowers substituted a totally different procedure during surgery than the one I paid for. It was a disaster from the start to finish, and I recieved no refund either. Another Dr. has performed 2 corrective surgeries thus-far, but probably can npot correct the entire damage to my nerve caused by Marci Bowers. I wish I had never gone to her. Stay as far away from her as possible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marci Bowers, MD?
I made arrangements for surgical removal of my vagina known as a "vaginectomy" with Marci Bowers. After surgery, Bowers said there was no vagina there to remove. New MD-surgeon found my vagina intact where one would expect it to be, and removed it. Do not go to her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marci Bowers, MD?
I had what was supposed to be merely a cosmetic revision with her and I absolutely HATE what she did to me. While the vagina looks aesthetically ok, she left me with less sensation and problems with arousal. After finding out her true character (she ignores me when I ask her medical questions about my complications), I now almost feel she did this to me on purpose as I specifically told her not to remove any tissue that could affect sensation, and not only did she went ahead and remove, but she did so more significally from the area I told her I had better sensation. I can see this because when I do manage to get aroused, that one area bulges significantly less compared to the rest. Is obviously not even. It also looks like she reduced the size of my neoclitoris without consent. Now I can only hope for expensive stem cell or weird experiments in an attempt to regenerate and fix the tissue damage she created. If you care about a normal sex life skip this person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marci Bowers, MD?
I had GCS surgery on October 20, 2015 and have never looked back. She is a wonderful surgeon and very caring person. I am very happy with my choice of using her services and very happy with my results. If you want the best this is the doctor that you want to use. I am very proud to recommend her Lyndsey M. Burke
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marci Bowers, MD?
Absolutely terrible experience start to finish. Dr. Bowers was supposed to perform a vaginectomy as part of my GRS, but did not do so. Without going into the extremely grizzly details, I had a major medical complication when I got home. When I contacted Dr. Bowers, she insisted that she had completed the vaginectomy. When another Dr. performed corrective surgery, the vagina was intact. I looked into filing a lawsuit, but it is very hard to sue someone in California. See a different doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marci Bowers, MD?
Dreadful! Destroyed my body, doing over extensive, anatomically incorrect surgery. Damaged blood flow to my genitals, they no longer function normally. Neither sexually or physiologically. Also, unable to lead a normal, active life thanks to major damage and ongoing pain caused by surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marci Bowers, MD?
I had Gender Confirmation Surgery (GCS) with Dr. Bowers two weeks ago. I have never had a more positive experience with any healthcare provider. Working with her staff was absolutely wonderful. Dr. Bowers technique is simply the best and my results are astounding. The follow up with Dr. Bowers and her staff has been great and they are quick to answer any questions I have had. Dr. Bowers is also willing to work with my doctor at home to help others transition more easily. She is wonderful!
Dont use her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marci Bowers, MD?
I was surgically treated in Nov 2016 for GRS by Dr. Bowers. I had some pre-existing co-morbidities that made me more challenging. Yet all through the pre-work, surgery, hospitalization and follow-up not just Dr. Bowers but the entire staff at the facility she uses were extremely professional, attentive, and gracious to me. She explained things patiently to me, was very candid with me, and most importantly listened attentively when I had questions/concerns, and took the time to address them.
Superb
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marci Bowers, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bowers?

Our office motto is "serve patients, have fun, and change the world". We are committed to providing the highest quality medical care with compassion, sincerity and professionalism. We bring a human touch to the medical profession, healing in a loving...

• Pelvic Reconstruction Surgery

1980
University Of Wisconsin

Bay Area Reproductive Healthcare

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Bowers treats patients.

71% Patient experience rating, 2% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2018, 2017)

83% Patient experience rating, 14% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)

57% Patient experience rating, 12% lower than the national average