Dr. Marcelo Hochman, MD

Dr. Marcelo Hochman, MD

Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery  |
Dr. Marcelo Hochman, MD is a facial plastic & reconstructive surgery doctor who practices in Charleston, SC. He is 58 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Read his story

2097 Henry Tecklenburg Dr Ste 212W

Charleston, SC 29414

• Golden Rule
  • MedCost
  • SelectHealth

Learn about Dr. Hochman

See how frequently Dr. Hochman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Excision of Skin Lesion
Sinus Surgery
Deviated Septum

Dr. Hochman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Hochman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Hochman "My interest in facial plastic surgery stemmed from my initial involvement with patients with major facial and head/neck cancers at Stanford.I was fascinated by the operations required to remove these complex tumors but the highlight was always the second part of the operations-putting everything back together. In spite of whatever had been done to treat the cancer, the patient's eventual point of focus was their appearance. Did they look 'normal'? I've been very fortunate to have had tremendous experience with facial reconstruction both in children and adults. I am convinced that I am a better cosmetic surgeon because of this; likewise, I think I bring an aesthetic sensibility to the reconstructions because of my extensive experience with elective, cosmetic procedures. I grew up in Venezuela and came to the United States for college. I had talked about being a Doctor since elementary school and was very lucky to have the opportunity to pursue that dream here in the United States. In college I became an American citizen and continued my training at world class institutions. I arrived in Charleston in 1990 having been recruited by the Medical University of South Carolina as the first facial plastic surgeon in the institution. Over the next 10 years I developed an incredibly busy practice providing the complete gamut in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. I left MUSC and opened the Facial Surgery Center in 1999. Over the last 17 years I've been fortunate to have developed a practice which is seen as the premier cosmetic and reconstructive facial surgery practice in the state. The need to give back to our community, to try to "fix the world", was passed on to me by my late father. His commitment to helping others and doing the right thing for the less fortunate inspires me daily. Through The Hemangioma Treatment Foundation I created in 2003, I have been able to help over 1,000 children with vascular tumors and malformations. With the Hemangioma and Vascular Malformation International Treatment Center, which I also founded, we are able to treat more children and adults from around the world. With the addition of this practice I am working to make Charleston the national hub for treatment of hemangiomas and research toward finding a cure so that surgery and the potential scarring become unnecessary. I opened the practice, Surgery4Migraines, through an appreciation for the misery of chronic migraine sufferers. My interest in the field of migraine relief comes from personal experience with family members who suffer from chronic migraines. These migraine surgeries offer a great integration of my cosmetic skills, vast reconstructive experience and the ability to perform highly technical surgery through small hidden incisions. He has three additional treatments for migraine and facial pain sufferers: Botox injections, Sphenoblock (Dr. Hochman's trademarked treatment, a minimally invasive procedure designed to temporarily block a collection of nerves delivering pain relief), and iOvera (extreme, painless cold). Hair loss restoration has increasingly gained importance for patients. Keeping up with best practices, with the advent of Follicular Unit Extraction and implantation and technology, he has incorporated this approach into his newest practice, The Hair Loss Treatment Center. He utilizes the latest technology in addition to any other surgical/medical therapies proven to restore hair based on his assessment of your needs. From my point of view, patients who are having surgery because 'they have to' (like children with hemangiomas or patients treated for skin cancer or migraines) are no different than those having surgery because 'they want to' (the patients having a facelift or rhinoplasty). The bottom line is that we all want to look and feel our best. We have the experience, expertise, technology and excellent staff to make that happen for everyone."

This content was provided by Dr. Hochman "As a facial and head/neck plastic surgeon and migraine surgeon Dr.Hochman understands that facial surgery is more than just a science. It requires skill, patience and an appreciation for proportion and form. It is essential for you to have confidence knowing you have a surgeon with the education and expertise you can trust, a surgeon whose results are matched only by his concern for your comfort and well-being, a surgeon whose results have patients feeling better than they have in years."

• Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Cosmetic Facial Surgery
  • Cosmetic Laser Surgery
  • Cosmetic Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
  • Dermal Filler
  • Ear Plastic Surgery (Otoplasty)
  • Ear Surgery
  • Lip Augmentation
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Neck Liposuction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Paracentesis
  • Plastic Cosmetic Surgery
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin Resurfacing
  • Soft Tissue Tumor Removal
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• University Of Texas / Austin Campus
  • Arkansas Children's Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991
  • St Louis University
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Hochman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hochman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hochman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hochman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hochman to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Hochman's Performance
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Dr Hochman did a wonderful job of understanding my chronic migraine (3 1/2 years of daily pain), trying different blocks and treatments, and final a nerve decompression surgical procedure (and I had a brow and eyelid lift at the same time). I'm still healing, but 5 weeks out and NO migraines; just an occasional mild headache that dissipates. He and his staff are all tremendously helpful and supportive. His practice runs smoothly. So glad I discovered him!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
I highly recommend Dr. Hochman and was very pleased by his professionalism, warmth and the positive environment in this office. His staff was also very efficient and helpful. You can't go wrong here!
Terri, thank you for providing feedback on Healthgrades about Dr. Hochman and our staff. We truly appreciate your positive comments and are delighted to have you as one of our patients. Thank you for trusting us with your healthcare.
Charleston, SC |
Dr. Hochman and his staff are always very helpful, friendly and courteous. I am very happy with my surgical procedures. .I also love the Medical Grade FACIAL Products they offer.
Thank you for your comments about Dr. Hochman and our staff. We love hearing from happy patients and appreciate your trust by allowing us to provide for your care. All of the staff love the FACE products too and use them daily!
in Goose Creek |
He is very kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. He is the first doctor to actually care about my migraines and want to help. After suffering for 35 years, it was nice to have a doctor that cared about me. His staff are all wonderful.
Ann, thank you for writing. We are so sorry that you are one of the many migraineurs. We are pleased that you chose us to work with you to diminish or eliminate your pain. Dr. Hochman understands that facial and migraine pain can make life unbearable. His treatment options require skill, patience and an appreciation for the suffering of his patients. His interest in migraine relief comes from his personal experience with family members who suffer from chronic migraines.
in Beaufort SC |
Dr Hochman is a terrific plastic surgeon ... experienced and professional. The office staff is friendly and efficient, and I've had nothing but positive experiences in all my visit. I would definitely recommend Dr Hochman.
Carol, Thank you for your kind review; the feedback means a great deal to Dr. Hochman and our staff. His mission is to make you and every patient achieve your desires and make you feel better about yourself. He works very hard to make his patients look better, not different!
Have you seen Dr. Marcelo Hochman, MD?

Visit Dr. Hochman