Interventional Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Marcello Sammarone, MD
Dr. Sammarone is a Fellowship Trained, Board Certified Pain Specialist dedicated to provide compassionate, high quality, and personalized care. He has more than 25 years of clinical experience, including 13 years at Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston as an Anesthesiologist and Pain Management Specialist as well as teaching attending for the residency program. After graduating summa cum laude from his native country Italy, he came to the US and completed 2 residencies: Internal Medicine and Anesthesiology. He trained in prestigious schools including Harvard and Tufts University in Boston, MA, Texas Tech University and SUNY (State University of New York) where he completed and graduated from the fellowship program in Pain Management in 1997. Throughout his extensive career, he has received several awards and recognitions including New Jersey Top Doctor (for 6 years), ''Most Compassionate Doctor'' Awards, ''I love my doctor" awards as voted by his patients at S. Barnabas Medical Center, Livingston NJ Extensive experience and knowledge, combined with cutting edge techniques and equipment, enable Dr. Sammarone to obtain the best possible results.

1130 US Highway 46 Ste 1

Parsippany, NJ 07054

• Amerihealth
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Sammarone

"My goal is to decrease or to eliminate the pain, restoring function and activity level. It is a privilege to be in a profession where I have the means to eliminate the pain and to create a better quality of life for the patients and their loved ones"

Dr. Sammarone

Dr. Sammarone's Experience

Dr. Sammarone's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Interventional Pain Medicine

• Epidural Cortisone Injection
  • Epidural Endoscopy
  • Epidural Implants
  • Epidural Injection
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epidural Steroid Injections
  • Occipital Nerve Block
  • Pain Management
  • Percutaneous Disc Decompression
  • Percutaneous Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Provocation Discography
  • Synvisc® Injection
  • Third Occipital Nerve Block
  • Thoracic Facet Joint Injection
  • Transforaminal Epidural Block

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• University Of 'g D'Annunzio' Chieti, Pescara
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Harvard University, Brigham and Women's Hospital
    Other Education | Completed 1993

• VOTED NJ TOP DOCTOR 2009-2010-2012, 2009-2010-

Dr. Sammarone has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Sammarone does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sammarone and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Sammarone's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sammarone to family and friends
Dr. Sammarone's Performance
in Voluntown, CT |
I have lots of experience with Dr's and their staff but never have I had a Dr that I looked forward to seeing...until Dr Sammarone. He, and his staff, are professional, kind, caring, honest, and friendly. I now live full time in CT, and I will be shocked if I find a new pain management Dr half as good as Dr Sammarone. Honestly, if he accepted my new husband's insurance, I would be making the 200 mile drive to continue being treated by Dr Sammarone-he's that good!
in Benards Township, NJ |
I highly recommend Dr. Sammarone as a Pain Management Specialist. I have a series of herniated disc’s in my mid-back and neck. I lived in chronic pain for many years . Over the past few years, he has performed a series of epidural and trigger-point injections along with radio-frequency (RF) procedures to reduce and eliminate the chronic pain in my mid-back and neck. Dr. Sammarone has a great personality. He truly cares about your overall health and wellness and his office staff is great!
in Lincoln Park, NJ |
Started seeing Dr Sammarone due to back pain that with a pain level of 7 or 8 constant. I received trigger point injections and got some relief the first visit. I continued with the shots for a month or so and I am now at a pain level of 2. After multiple treatments of 10 epidural injections and PT as well as chiropractors I finally found the best Dr for me to almost eliminate my pain. Great office, you will enjoy the receptionist Carol, she makes everyone comfortable
in Wayne NJ |
Dr Sammarone is the best. I had abdominal pain for 25 plus years, more than half my life. He helped my pain go away. It took several months but he and his staff (the office staff is second to none, Carol, Karen and Ann Marie are top notch) helped me through the worst time of my life and made it the the best part of my life. I am eternally grateful. Dr Sammarone's ability, knowledge, manner, philosophy, and just overall niceness has made my life livable. I would recommend anyone to him.
in ringwood |
I have been suffering with 3 herniated discs in my back and found him after many searches and no help from any other doctor. The fact that he is an anesthesiologist has to account for the precision that he has in finding the areas in the spine that are causing pain. I have been getting trigger point injections from him and I must say it is like a miracle happens. I have no pain and can do my daily activities with ease. He has a genuine interest in all his patients.
Budd Lake, NJ |
My experience is successful at correcting various locations of trauma to my back and spine due to a fall in the winter of 2013 on the ice and snow while walking on an unshoveled walkway with tall mounds of snow topped with slippery ice. This was my first fall ever and I fell twice within 10 seconds after several attempts at standing. Dr. Marcello Sammarone offered to assist me and I found that this physician is an expert. I am happy to have met him and will forever be grateful to him. Thanks.
This doctor is on the money. Had severe neck pain for 3 months until I found doctor Sammarone. First shot in the neck was a miracle. He nailed my problem. He is the best. He is a specialist not just a regular orthopedic doctor. "He's the specialist I've been looking for, for months. I give him 10 stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in Stroudsburg, PA |
Dr. Sammarone has been a lifesaver to me. I have suffered with lumbar herniated discs and spinal stenosis for years. It got so bad that even pain medication did not help, and I was restricted from doing many things. He was extremely thorough and sent me for a newer MRI before suggesting a course of treatment. I went through the course of pain management shots and cannot believe the relief I have gotten! He is the most caring doctor I have found in many years. His office staff is wonderful.
New Jersey |
For the 15 years that I've had neck problems (arthritis, disc bulges) Dr. Sammarone is the only doctor to recommend a procedure to help with the pain, a cervical ESI. After my first ESI I had my first pain-free week in 15 years, I was in heaven.
in Clifton, NJ |
Over a year ago Dr. Sammarone provided pain management treatment that's proven to be very beneficial. Recently I had to request copies of my records to share with a new doctor and was I ever impressed! They were the clearest, most comprehensive records I've ever received and will be a pleasure to share, just another side of Dr. Sammarone that makes him an exceptional physician.
in West Milford, NJ |
Dr. Sammarone was the solution to my problem. My chronic lower back did not respond to my usual treatment. This time the Sciatica nerve pain in my right leg became unbearable. Upon a friends recommendation I visited Dr. Sammarone. I am pain free !! Best part is the doctor. I am 68 and appreciated his straight forward approach. He looked me in the eye and discussed his plan for me. I had early success and pain relief, and continued the process to get full benefit from target treatment.
in Parsippany, NJ |
I was diagnosed with Lyme disease 6 years ago and after seeing Dr Sammerone for one year, I have received more pain relief from him than I did seeing 3 other doctors in that 6 year period.
in Morristown, NJ |
I was highly recommended to Dr. Sammarone by my best friend. Dr Sammarone is consistently accurate with his diagnosis and knows the appropriate way to handle my pain. I had 3 injections in my neck and my headaches are gone for 3 months now. I highly recommend him to anyone. He always listens and makes me feel like he truely cares about me.
in Hackettstown, NJ |
Dr. Sammarone is a miracle worker. I have had back pain on and off must of my adult life. I went to him with spinal stenosis and sciatica. He treated me with epidural steroid injections and then trigger point injections. I am now in physical therapy to strengthen my back which has not felt this good in a long time. He explained everything as we went along...no surprises. I would highly recommend him. A plus is his great personality.
in Morris Plains, NJ |
This Doctor is 'top notch' A+. My sister is a surgeon and he came highly recommended from multiple doctors. If you are going to have any kind of cortisone injections around your spine you want an anesthesiologist - especially one that is board certified like Dr. Sammarone. I have had a procedure and results are excellent. In addition, he has excellent bedside manner and is very compassionate and genuine. Excellent office staff, very friendly.
Have you seen Dr. Marcello Sammarone, MD?
Are you Dr. Sammarone?