Dr. Marcela Bohm-Velez, MD

Diagnostic RadiologyFemaleAge 68

Dr. Bohm-Velez

Weinstein Imaging Associates

1910 Cochran Rd Ste 740 Pittsburgh, PA 15220

Dr. Marcela Bohm-Velez, MD is a Diagnostic Radiology Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Bohm-Velez to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Diagnostic Radiology Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check if Dr. Bohm-Velez treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Bohm-Velez accepts

Dr. Bohm-Velez accepts the following insurance:

Dr. Bohm-Velez's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bohm-Velez

4.761904761904762%

Dr. Bohm-Velez
One of the best kept secrets in Pittsburgh is Weinstein Imaging in Shadyside! I had a 3-D mammogram done this week and everyone was courteous and professional starting with Jennifer at the front desk. The mammogram technician Jackie was experienced, pleasant, and efficient. Dr. Bohm-Velez is very experienced and has a wonderful way with patients! The overall experience was so good that I know I will continue to recommend Weinstein Imaging in Shadyside to my friends and family! Thank-you!
Joan – Oct 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcela Bohm-Velez, MD?
I have been traveling three hours one way for fifteen years to have Dr. Bohm-Velez read my mammograms. After losing my mother and maternal grandmother to breast cancer, I am encouraged to know Dr. Bohm-Velez is reviewing my mammograms. Dr. Bohm-Velez was recommended to me by a doctor in my family who knows her professionally. He holds her in high esteem, saying that she will see things that many radiologists would miss. The peace of mind I have because of my confidence in Dr. Bohm-Velez makes it well worth while to travel the six hour round trip.
Oct 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcela Bohm-Velez, MD?
We still remember our only visit several years ago. It was our first child and we were super excited. We went in (wait was long) and the tech called for the doctor. Dr. Bohm-Velez reviewed the ultrasound, very directly indicated "YOU have terminated the fetus" (exact phrasing) and provided no other information or alternative reasoning for this diagnosis. Within 20 minutes our OB called and explained several other alternative explanations for not seeing a heartbeat (all of which would result in a viable pregnancy), additional blood tests were ordered and the pregnancy turned out to be completely normal... the ultrasound was just too early in the pregnancy. With our second child I absolutely REFUSED to go to this practice. This was such an awful start to our first pregnancy and any time I think of ultrasounds I think of this cold woman and her lack of empathy and very direct "YOU" have terminated the fetus. Poor choice of words, no presentation of alternative facts. DON'T RECOMMEND.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcela Bohm-Velez, MD?
She gave me the results of a pelvic exam -- right on the spot. I've never had a radiologist on site before come out and explain things like that. Very professional.
Mar 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcela Bohm-Velez, MD?
I would definitely recommend Dr Bohm-Velez she is very caring explains everything. Answers all my questions.
Rose Cendroski in West Homestead – Mar 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcela Bohm-Velez, MD?
I have been using Weinstein Imaging for over 25 years. The office staff is very caring, warm and sensitive. They are sure your dignity is not violated. The facility does have a elegant touch to it too. I am grateful to Dr Bohm-Velez for being vigilant and insisting on taking a biopsy when I was not sure of the need in this procedure. She is a high level specialist in her area. I highly recommend the Weinstein Imaging to anyone, who needs mammograms done on a regular basis. Maya C.
Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcela Bohm-Velez, MD?
I have been using Weinstein Imaging for over 20 years and Dr Bohm-Velez to read my mammogram for many many years. The office staff and technicians are very caring . The facility is clean and very comfortable . You can schedule a mammogram and a Dexa scan on the same day. Very convenient. On my recent visit Dr. Bohm -Velez found an abnormality in my breast image and I was immediately given a second scan and an ultrasound . After reading the scan and ultrasound Dr Velez came to give me the results and assured me that I had nothing to worry about. No days or weeks of worrying and wondering . I highly recommend Weinstein Imaging to every woman .
Marianne in Bethel Park , PA – Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcela Bohm-Velez, MD?
Dr. Bohm- Velez is an outstanding person and doctor. She is brilliant at what she does. She is kind and caring and an amazing advocate for women’s health. I feel blessed and lucky to have her ! The entire team at Weinstein South Hills is excellent !
Kathy harrington in Venetia, PA – Oct 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcela Bohm-Velez, MD?
I had the pleasure of having Dr. Bohm-Velez and the entire staff at Weinstein Imaging perform my mammogram and ultrasound yesterday during my annual visit. I have been a patient here for many years and could not imagine going anywhere else. The care and comfort they provide helps so much during what is always a nerve wracking experience for me. They explain everything along the way and answer any questions I may have and also calm fears that I express. Because of dense breasts I receive an Ultrasound as well...this step is so well explained and I know they want to provide the absolute best care to the patient by all the screening that is available. Many years prior I went to a breast center in a hospital center. Never did I feel as comfortable as I do now at Weinstein Imaging. I will continue to recommend to friends this Weinstein Imaging because I believe it is the highest of quality care offered. Many thanks to all the Doctors and as always to the wonderful staff! Gina M.
May 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcela Bohm-Velez, MD?
I'm one of the many women today recognized as having "dense breast tissue" which makes reading mammograms difficult. This practice takes this issue very seriously and recommends and performs other scans such as ultrasound to double check that my breasts are indeed healthy. I very much appreciate Dr. Bohm-Velez thoroughness. And the people who perform the testing are very nice.
Apr 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcela Bohm-Velez, MD?
Getting a mammogram is frightening for most women but, Dr Bohm- Velez and her entire staff at "Weinstein Imaging" makes the prospect less daunting. The office is well organized, the equipment top of the line and there is no waiting for the results of mammogram and/or sonnogram. Many thanks to this doctor and the enitire office staff for making the yearly exam more palatable.
Pittsburgh, PA – Mar 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcela Bohm-Velez, MD?
Great experience, every time. I feel thoroughly cared for, and everyone is kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. Dr. Bohm-Velez (and all partners) takes time to explain results in an unhurried manner; she is a truly wonderful woman. I highly recommend this practice!
Feb 26, 2019
I would definitely recommend Weinstein imaging.Great Doctors and Staff
Pittsburgh, PA – Feb 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcela Bohm-Velez, MD?
Dr Bohm Velez and her office team are exceptional. Warm, friendly, excellent care. World class!
Deb A. in Pittsburgh , PA – Dec 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marcela Bohm-Velez, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bohm-Velez?

• Diagnostic Radiology