Dr. Marc Zussman, MD

Dr. Marc Zussman, MD

Orthopedic Trauma Surgery  |
Dr. Marc Zussman, MD is an orthopedic trauma surgery doctor who practices in Rockford, IL. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Read his story

324 Roxbury Rd

Rockford, IL 61107

• CorVel
  • ECOH
  • First Choice Health
  • HFN
  • The Alliance

Learn about Dr. Zussman

See how frequently Dr. Zussman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Foot and Ankle Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
Hip Fracture

Dr. Zussman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Zussman's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Zussman "I would like to take this opportunity to tell you more about myself and my experience in healthcare. I am originally from Chicago and grew up in Wilmette, Illinois. I earned my B.S. degree in biology at the University of Illinois at Urbana, Magna Cum Laude, in 1989. I continued my studies at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago, obtaining my medical degree with honors in 1993. Following my graduation, I pursued orthopedic training during my residency at Loyola University Medical Center. I then completed an additional year-long advanced training program, or fellowship, sub-specializing in orthopedic traumatology at OrthoIndy / Indiana University in Indianapolis. I am a board certified orthopedic surgeon whose practice is focused on orthopedic trauma. This includes limb reconstruction, pelvis fractures, peri-articular fractures and general fracture care. It is my mission to provide you excellent service with compassionate care. I always strive to provide you the same high quality orthopedic care that I would offer to a member of my family. I remain active in continuing medical education. I serve as a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Rockford and as Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthopedic Surgery at Rush University Medical Center. I am also active in the AO teaching faculty and the Orthopedic Trauma Association. In addition to my extensive medical commitments, I enjoy biking, scuba diving, reading, and spending time with my family. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to further improve your experience at OrthoIllinois. My goal is to provide you the best medical care available."

• Orthopedic Trauma Surgery

• Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University of Illinois At Urbana-Champaign
  • Loyola University Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Methodist Hospital Orthoaedics Indianapolis
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Zussman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Zussman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zussman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Zussman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zussman to family and friends
Dr. Zussman's Performance
in rockford, il |
If there was such a thing as a 10 star, it should be given to Dr. Zussman. Our first encounter was not under the best situation as I had broken my hip and wrist. Dr. Zussman not only fixed the fracture but his follow up care is beyond compare. He is compassionate, caring and also has a sense of humor. I would highly, highly recommend him to anyone.
in Belvidere, IL |
Im very satsfied with my care and good outcome with my surgery. The Doctor is very nice and answers all my questions.
in Roscoe, IL |
Dr Zussman is a no nonsense surgeon and repaired my leg perfectly. 10/10 would break my leg again!
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Zussman did a fantastic job mending my 4 femur fractures. He never rushed me in any of my follow up appointments , and always gave me as much time as I needed to ask questions and understand my condition. He is a skilled surgeon whom I would easily recommend to anyone unfortunate enough to break a bone.
in Rockford, IL |
He was absolutely wonderful. Always pleasant, always professional. I always looked forward to seeing him. He treated me as if I was someone special, not like just another medicare patient. He is a credit to the profession and I have worked with physicians all my life being a retired nurse, so I recognize quality in the profession.
in Pecatonica IL |
Dr. Zussman is very thorough and very brief but makes sure you understand everything he has said. The staff is great along with the x-ray techs. Everyone I had contact with knew what they were doing and why. The Doc. also had a great sense of humor which was a plus with me.
in Rockford, IL |
I can't say enough about Dr. Zussman & OrthoIllinois. Dr. Zussman repaired my fractured ankle in February. He answered any and all questions and explained everything thoroughly to me. I am very happy with the outcome and everyone at OrthoIllinois. Everyone in x-ray, the cast room, reception, physical therapy and Dr. Zussman and his assistants are top notch. I wouldn't hesitate to refer Dr. Zussman and OrthoIllinois to anyone - they made a traumatic event much easier to get through.
in Dekalb, ILcaledonia |
DR. Z USSNAN IS A EXTREMELY SKILLED SURGEON ..HE IS VERY PERSONABLE making sure you understtand .my husband fell and shattered his elbow e everything Dr. Zussman really cares about U he really does and it shows
Dr. Zussman was very through in explaining the procedure and left me with no questions regarding the surgery. He has a good bedside manner and smiles when entering and leaving the room.(unlike many other doctors I have encountered). Along with his staff which follow his suit in bedside manner. They are a great group of professionals. Also the nurses at Swedes are awesome. Very attentive and caring. I had a great experience besides the reason being there. Thanks to all.
in Kirkland, IL |
There's really not enough I can say to adequately praise Dr. Zussman. Twelve months after a nasty encounter on the ice of my doorstep, where my femur met the edge of the concrete and came out second best, I feel my subsequent recovery is nothing short of a miracle. Multiple hours in surgery and numerous rods, pins, screws and of course therapy after leads me to the conclude that the quality of my care was nothing short of extraordinary. I owe a great deal to all involved especially to Dr. Z.
Have you seen Dr. Marc Zussman, MD?
Are you Dr. Zussman?