Dr. Marc Wittenberg, MD

Dr. Marc Wittenberg, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

Neuro Pain Consultants 799 Denison Ct Ste B, Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Wittenberg specializes in Pain Medicine and practices in Bloomfield Hills, MI. He practices at 3 locations.

Are you Dr. Wittenberg? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Wittenberg's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Wittenberg's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Anesthesiologynull
  • Pain Medicinenull

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Wittenberg

Dr. Wittenberg accepts 12 insurance carriers

12 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Wittenberg has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Wittenberg

Dr. Wittenberg's Review Details
      4.4 based on 67 responses
      Experience with Dr. Wittenberg
      Dr. Wittenberg's Office & Staff
        10 – 15 minutes (59)
      in Southfield, MI |
      I recommend Dr. Marc Wittenberg to anyone who has experience Pain for years and are fed up with all the pills!!! I've been dealing with pain since falling and since my injections in my neck and 70% better. I never knew the reason for the bad mornings was due to the fact I wasn't getting a good night rest!! Now I'm waiting for my epidural injections in my back, so I can toss out all those pain meds and return to a normal life! Please make an appointment and get your life back!! Thank you!!!
      in Bloomfield, MI |
      Beware: if your only option for pain relief is opioid pain medication, then this is not the doctor for you. This practice has decided to take a strong stance on pain medications, regardless of your illness/options. I was a patient of his for close to 3 years, and all of a sudden he told me that their practice is implementing CDC guidelines (meant for primary care providers), and that I needed to lower my dosage by 60-70%. It's not 100% his fault, but his practice has been compromised.
      in Farmington Hills, MI |
      I have been to numerous physicians for chronic back pain for 15 years. Doctor Wittenberg is the only Doctor that has successfully helped me manage my pain. I am no longer on pain medication and I have greater mobility than ever before. Additionally, the doctor has good bedside manner and listens attentively.
      in West Bloomfield, MI |
      Dr. Wittenberg helped me change my life through pain management, most importantly finding a solution that doesn't involve regularly taking pain medicine. He is a doctor that hasn't been jaded and still believes what his patients are telling him. He listens to the whole picture, pays attention to how the pain is affecting your life and takes a committed and customized approach to finding relief.
      in Sterling Heights, MI |
      I'm an RN and it takes a lot to impress me as a physician-- Dr. Wittenberg does. When other doctors have told me there are no options, Dr. Wittenberg has said we have to fix this. When other docs say I just need to live with this, he has acknowledged that my everyday struggle is real. I really feel that he is invested and genuine. The office staff is great which is always a plus. I'm a believer... He's well worth your time.
      in Royal Oak, Mi |
      Very good experience. Listens to you and hears you.
      in Macomb County |
      Dr. Wittenberg changed my life. Honest, straight forward and caring. Helpful in all aspects of my paincare and my overall health in general. Courteous staff and clean and professional facilities!
      in Algonac, Michigan |
      The doctor is outstanding. My first visit, I arrived in a wheel chair and walked out right after the procedure. I am a very complex patient that most doctors don't even want to attend to. However Dr.Wittenberg spent a great deal of time working with my wife and I to plan a healing program for me. He has an incredible bedside manner and takes great care and show's incredible concern for his patients.I would highly recommend this doctor to everyone looking for the best care in pain management.
      in Marlette, MI |
      Dr. Wittenberg takes his time discussing the problem and you don't feel like just a number.
      in Clarkston, MI |
      I was referred to Dr. Wittenberg by my Neuro Surgeon after back surgery. I have had 5 surgeries on my lower back and my condition is not going to improve. Dr. Wittenberg has performed the Epidural injections and I get relief from them. The staff is friendly and helpful and I know I will need to visit the office sometime in the future. I am glad I have found Dr. Wittenberg and Neuro Pain Clinic.
      in West Bloomfield, MI |
      I was referred to Dr. Wittenberg by my primary care physician when an MRI revealed that I had two herniated discs in my lower back. My pain was extreme. After seven months, I am relatively pain free and no longer dependent on my Rx pain medication. I'm feeling much better.
      in Michigan |
      Dr.Wittenberg, he came in spoke... no introduction, and no hand shake. My first consult was 5 minutes in which I was told to reschedule for a block procedure. Patients are told to arrive an hour before hand for prep.I waited a hour and half in the lobby, and another 30 minutes in the prep area never to be checked on until the procedure. After the procedure you are swiftly escorted out in less than 10 minutes after. Patients are treated like cattle, and the staff is very cold, and unconcerned.
      Have you seen Dr. Wittenberg?
      Are you Dr. Wittenberg? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Wittenberg

• Nerve Block, Somatic
      • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
      • Peripheral Nerve Block
      • Spinal Nerve Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Wayne State University School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1991

St Joseph Mercy Oakland
        University Of Mi Hosps and Health Ctrs

Dr. Wittenberg has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Wittenberg's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Pain Medicine
      • Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
      • Malpractice claims in Michigan not available
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Wittenberg

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Wittenberg's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Wittenberg

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients