Dr. Marc Wittenberg, MD

Dr. Marc Wittenberg, MD

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Marc Wittenberg, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Bloomfield Hills, MI. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years.

799 Denison Ct Ste B

Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302

• HAP Insurance
  • Priority Health

Learn about Dr. Wittenberg

See how frequently Dr. Wittenberg performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Low Back Pain
Back Pain

Dr. Wittenberg's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Pain Medicine

• Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Spinal Nerve Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • St Joseph Mercy Oakland
  • University Of Mi Hosps and Health Ctrs

Dr. Wittenberg has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wittenberg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wittenberg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wittenberg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wittenberg to family and friends
4.3
Dr. Wittenberg's Performance
Please be careful. This doctor encourages all of his patients to undergo anesthesia for simple procedures because he "doesn't want to miss." The real reason is so that he can make more money. He recommended progressively invade treatments to treat my spine, then verbally attacked me at a follow up appointment saying "you're too skinny, you're going to end up with a zipper in your stomach." My BMI IS 21= NORMAL. I RAN away from this doctor & started treating at UofM. NO ZIPPER! RUN AWAY RUN!
in Berkley, MI |
I have been seeing Dr Wittenberg for five years. He has successfully treated my acute and chronic peripheral neuropathic pain through injections and therapy. Dr. Wittenberg is professional, yet personable; he's empathetic and really cares about improving my quality of life. I highly recommend him if you are are dealing with chronic pain.
in Aiken, SC |
Dr. Wittenberg is the the best. He is very knowledgeable about chronic pain. Very easy to talk to and a great listener.
in Royal Oak, MI |
Dr. Wittenberg is excellent! He has a great bedside manner, listens and gives you options for your pain issues. He has helped address my pain tremendously! I never feel rushed during the appointments. He is very easy to talk with and accessible if you have any important questions or concerns between appointments. Doctors like him are hard to come by! He's a gem.
Raleigh, NC |
I would not recommend Dr. Wittenberg unless you want a quick fix with drugs. I went to this doctor after 5 years of back pain and was looking for possible solutions or a discussion of what is causing the pain. After waiting an hour and a half, he spent 5 minutes with me then prescribed an epidural. No discussion of a plan or other possible options. He just walked out the door when my mouth was still open trying to say something and left me sitting there wondering what just happened.
Oxford, MI |
Dr. Wittenberg always cares about how I feel and if I am getting relief from my therapy. Once in his treatment you are in good hands and he will work to ensure your pain in managed and resolved.
in Southfield, MI |
I recommend Dr. Marc Wittenberg to anyone who has experience Pain for years and are fed up with all the pills!!! I've been dealing with pain since falling and since my injections in my neck and 70% better. I never knew the reason for the bad mornings was due to the fact I wasn't getting a good night rest!! Now I'm waiting for my epidural injections in my back, so I can toss out all those pain meds and return to a normal life! Please make an appointment and get your life back!! Thank you!!!
in Bloomfield, MI |
Beware: if your only option for pain relief is opioid pain medication, then this is not the doctor for you. This practice has decided to take a strong stance on pain medications, regardless of your illness/options. I was a patient of his for close to 3 years, and all of a sudden he told me that their practice is implementing CDC guidelines (meant for primary care providers), and that I needed to lower my dosage by 60-70%. It's not 100% his fault, but his practice has been compromised.
in Farmington Hills, MI |
I have been to numerous physicians for chronic back pain for 15 years. Doctor Wittenberg is the only Doctor that has successfully helped me manage my pain. I am no longer on pain medication and I have greater mobility than ever before. Additionally, the doctor has good bedside manner and listens attentively.
in West Bloomfield, MI |
Dr. Wittenberg helped me change my life through pain management, most importantly finding a solution that doesn't involve regularly taking pain medicine. He is a doctor that hasn't been jaded and still believes what his patients are telling him. He listens to the whole picture, pays attention to how the pain is affecting your life and takes a committed and customized approach to finding relief.
in Sterling Heights, MI |
I'm an RN and it takes a lot to impress me as a physician-- Dr. Wittenberg does. When other doctors have told me there are no options, Dr. Wittenberg has said we have to fix this. When other docs say I just need to live with this, he has acknowledged that my everyday struggle is real. I really feel that he is invested and genuine. The office staff is great which is always a plus. I'm a believer... He's well worth your time.
in Royal Oak, Mi |
Very good experience. Listens to you and hears you.
in Macomb County |
Dr. Wittenberg changed my life. Honest, straight forward and caring. Helpful in all aspects of my paincare and my overall health in general. Courteous staff and clean and professional facilities!
in Algonac, Michigan |
The doctor is outstanding. My first visit, I arrived in a wheel chair and walked out right after the procedure. I am a very complex patient that most doctors don't even want to attend to. However Dr.Wittenberg spent a great deal of time working with my wife and I to plan a healing program for me. He has an incredible bedside manner and takes great care and show's incredible concern for his patients.I would highly recommend this doctor to everyone looking for the best care in pain management.
in Marlette, MI |
Dr. Wittenberg takes his time discussing the problem and you don't feel like just a number.
in Clarkston, MI |
I was referred to Dr. Wittenberg by my Neuro Surgeon after back surgery. I have had 5 surgeries on my lower back and my condition is not going to improve. Dr. Wittenberg has performed the Epidural injections and I get relief from them. The staff is friendly and helpful and I know I will need to visit the office sometime in the future. I am glad I have found Dr. Wittenberg and Neuro Pain Clinic.
in West Bloomfield, MI |
I was referred to Dr. Wittenberg by my primary care physician when an MRI revealed that I had two herniated discs in my lower back. My pain was extreme. After seven months, I am relatively pain free and no longer dependent on my Rx pain medication. I'm feeling much better.
in Michigan |
Dr.Wittenberg, he came in spoke... no introduction, and no hand shake. My first consult was 5 minutes in which I was told to reschedule for a block procedure. Patients are told to arrive an hour before hand for prep.I waited a hour and half in the lobby, and another 30 minutes in the prep area never to be checked on until the procedure. After the procedure you are swiftly escorted out in less than 10 minutes after. Patients are treated like cattle, and the staff is very cold, and unconcerned.
Have you seen Dr. Marc Wittenberg, MD?
Are you Dr. Wittenberg?