Dr. Marc E. Umlas, MD

Dr. Marc E. Umlas, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Umlas Orthopedics 4302 Alton Rd Ste 950, Miami Beach, FL 33140 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Practice specializing in arthritis surgery and joint reconstruction including minimally invasive surgery.

Dr. Umlas' Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Umlas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Umlas

Dr. Umlas accepts 7 insurance carriers

7 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Umlas has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Umlas

Dr. Umlas' Review Details
3.7 based on 63 responses
Experience with Dr. Umlas
Dr. Umlas' Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (55)
in Miami, FL |
I had a total right hip replacement on May 24, 2016. Less than 3 weeks out I'm walking around without any aid or pain.
in Miami Beach, Flo |
Dr. Umlas is an amazing surgeon. My knee was not an easy knee to operate on. His office staff is excellent. Dr. Umlas visited me on rounds in the hospital. The fantastic part is that even on PT inpatient and outpatient dr Umlas gets reports. Dr. Umlas is always with the patient. You can call his office if there are any problems. Not a complaint in the world. Dr. Umlas will operate on my other knee!! Marilyn
in Aventura, FL |
After suffering with hip and knee problems for a long time, I researched the best doctor to fix my problem. Every resource and doctor told me that Dr Umlas was the best. They were all right! Dr Umlas is a brilliant, gifted, and professional surgeon. He was very supportive, caring, and involved in every aspect of my surgery and recovery. No one likes to have surgery, but if it is necessary, Dr Umlas is the BEST choice! I am now without pain and leading a normal, very active life thanks to him!
in Hialeah, FL |
Dr.Umlas did THR on my right hip 10 years ago! Just had it checked,it has not moved 1 mm in 10 yrs! I would give 6 stars satisfaction if you had that rating! James Clifton
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Dr. Umlas is extremely knowledgable and competent. When I was having very bothersome wrist pain he did a quick exam and in seconds knew I had a ganglion cyst that had been previously misdiagnosed. Helped me right away in understanding the best course of action. Also has a great sense of humor! Highly recommend Dr. Umlas for any ortho needs.
in Miami, FL |
I walk, play tennis, and conduct a normal life, thanks to Dr. Marc Umlas.It was 2.5 years ago, I smashed my knee cap into gravel - due to a freakish slip and fall injury. Within 2 days, I was IN SURGERY, WITH GREAT CARE, under Dr. Umlas; personal supervision. I spent 2 months in a wheelchair, and another 2 months on crutches. To this day, going strong: NO PAIN, NO ISSUES. I walk again....Thanks Dr. U...it's all about the U !
in North Bay Village, FL |
Forget this ill-mannered sorry excuse for a Doctor. Never once looked me in the eye. Was short,rude and acted like I was wasting his time. Many degrees on the wall but obnoxious with no bed-side manner. Told him my knee hurt and his answer was loose weight turned around and walked out of the examining room.
in Fort Lauderdale FL |
I went to Dr. Umlas for a pain in my hip so strong that I was unable to walk. With the skill of a true professional, he immediately identified the source of my pain and was able to completely fix me up with a perfectly placed injection of a mixture of ingredients that I can only describe as magic. I highly recommend Dr. Umlas. He is the BEST doctor I have ever visited. He is knowledgable beyond reproach, gentle with patients, and even quite humorous when the opportunity presents itself.
in Miami, FL |
An amazing professional. Strives for perfection. Have had nothing but the best results with him.
in Aventura, FL |
? Twoi knees and a hip later, his professionalism and his skill are par excellance
in Hollywood, FL |
Extraordinarily competent. Dr. Umlas has dealt with multiple trigger fingers in my case. He explained what it was and how it can be helped and the risks of not taking action promptly. His credentials are obvious when you speak with him - unbelievably knowledgable. Very grateful for his care and helping with awful pain in my hand. I hate going to the doctor. This doctor sensed it and used a little humor to help make me comfortable.
in Surfside, FL |
He was very professional and very knowledgeable
in Pembroke Pines, FL |
Dr Umlas came highly recommended to me and after my initial office visit I was amazed at the time he took to explain the course of action that would be required to insure a total and complete recovery. Thank you Dr. Umlas I will continue to recommend patients to you. Dr Umlas is a G-d send.
in Odzer |
When you have any sort of medical issue, you want to make sure you're seeing the best, smartest doctor you can find. That's Dr. Umlas. It's the most important factor, because you want to make sure your injury is being diagnosed correctly and being fixed properly. He's fixed my knee and shoulder injuries CORRECTLY THE FIRST TIME. I've sent several friends to him and they rave about him. His national reputation for excellence is earned, Dr. Umlas is simply a first-class doctor and surgeon.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Umlas is the consummate professional. His empathy for his patients is evident in caring and delicate demeanor. He treated me and my family as if we were members of his own family. What impressed me the most was the amount of time he took to make sure we understood every aspect of the treatment plan. If you have to see an orthopedic surgeon, there is none better!!
Dr. Marc Umlas performed a minimally invasive hip replacement on my cousin recently. My cousin who lives in West Palm Beach, went to Dr. Umlas for a second opinion. Dr. Umlas took the time and explained the procedure and went over the MRIs very thoroughly. My cousin was up and walking the following day with physical therapy. We are extremely satisfied with Dr. Umlas and highly recommend him.
in Plantation, FL |
Dr. Umlas literally saved my life a number of years ago after having a stroke. He showed caring and concern for my situation. Dr. Umlas arranged for me to be given the best treatment by the best doctors and continued to monitor my care. He most recently helped me with a hip, knee and back problem once again showing concern and caring and offering me the best treatment that I have ever had. Dr. Umlas is the finest doctor I have ever had care for me and I highly recommend him.
in Aventura, Fl |
He is the most skilled hip and knee surgeon. I had my left hip and both knees done. The best of the best. Also best recovery team.
in Miami beach, FL |
I spoke with my internist and several other firends of mine and asked for a referral to 'the best hip guy in town' after being misdiagnosed by other Orthopoedic Surgeons. They all recommended Dr Umlas. Without going into gory detail I was diagnosed and treated correctly and now back to exercising 6 days a week. I have my life back and forever in his debt. Dr. Umlas is a true genius with a photographic memory, incredible credentials, and respected by his peers - to me it's a no brainer.
in Miami, FL |
Was one of the worst experiences I have ever had with any doctor. I was told I need a hip replacement and to go get a mri. When I didn't go to the mri location of his choice he told me that he would not treat me unless I got another mri at his location and that I would have to pay personally because the insurance would not pay twice. He then just walked out of the room. Worst doctor's visit ever! Of course when to another orthopedic surgeon who I loved.
in Miami Beach, FL |
I came to Dr. Umlas for a second opinion for a full knee replacement. After two visit I was convinced that he was the best surgeon for my case. Dr. Umlas took great care before, during and after my surgery. It has been six weeks since the surgery and I am walking normally without a cane or crutches. He did an exceptional job on me and has restored my quality of life which was gone prior to surgery. His staff has been caring and very professional all the way through. I highly recommend Dr. Umlas!
in Miami beach, fl |
I went to see Dr. Umlas for my right hip and it turned out to be I needed a hip replacement. I was impressed on how things are done nowadays as opposed to how complicated surgeries were years ago! I had seen a couple of doctors before him and yes they were all about bedside manners but I wasn't 100% convinced that they knew what to do when it came down to the nitty gritty! I don't need him to wine me or dine me just fix my hip! He did and I feel wonderful! ROCK ON Dr.Umlas!
in Fort Lauderdale |
Doctor Umlas is the best Orthopaedic surgeon in Florida. Everybody recommends him and speaks very highly of him. He is warm, funny, caring and compassionate. He did a minimally invasive hip replacement and it was a wonderful experience. I cannot praise him highly enough.
Pompano Beach, FL |
STAY AWAY!! This man should not be in the medical field no matter his education credentials.His lack of bedside manner with patients and family is a horror show. He is pompous, arrogant, does not look you in the eye and spends less than 5 minutes with you before surgery. WHY? because he thinks he is better than you...there are many fabulous doctors with a smile and warm disposition. I have been in a hospital setting for over a year and there is no reason to use a doctor w/ these character flaws
in Miami Beach, FL |
I went to Dr Umlas because he was highly recommended by my doctors. They all said that he is the best orthopedic surgeon in FL. They were absolutely right. Dr Umlas gave me back my life! Aside from having the best credentials, he is one of the most knowledgeable, caring, and competent physicians I have ever met. He took a lot of time with me and I always felt that my care mattered a great deal to him. Although surgery is never fun, my outcome was remarkable and I would HIGHLY recommend him!
in Fort Lauderale, Fl |
Extremely satisfied with my mini hip replacement. Such a caring Doctor. Truly, a loveable teddy bear.
in Miami Beach fla 33140 |
Awful mean man . Lost a temper and yelled very mean man
I searched all around Florida until I found Dr Umlas. He is simply the best. He explained everything to me. He is the most funny, caring Doctor I've met. His bedside manner is awesome. He did a custom knee replacement and I'm perfect. His office is wonderful. I had to work hard but it was worth it!!!!
Hollywood, FL |
Dr. Umlas knows his field and diagnoses well, BUT he needs to learn how to talk patients in a professional and sensitive manner. It is unfortunate that he is not respectful or cognisant of people's pain and complicated lives.
Have you seen Dr. Umlas?
Are you Dr. Umlas? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Why It Matters: Dr. Umlas' Board Certifications

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Stanford University

Graduated in 1988

Dr. Umlas has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Umlas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Umlas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Umlas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Umlas

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Umlas' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Umlas

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Umlas' Care Philosophy