Dr. Marc Routman, MD

Dr. Marc Routman, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Marc Routman, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in Birmingham, AL. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

2018 Brookwood Medical Ctr Dr Ste 314

Birmingham, AL 35209

Learn about Dr. Routman

See how frequently Dr. Routman performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Trigeminal Neuralgia
Earwax Buildup
Ear Ache

Dr. Routman's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Cough
  • Deafness
  • Deviated Septum
  • Dizziness
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Ache
  • Ear Disorders
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Labyrinthitis
  • Vertigo
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

• Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Glossectomy
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Vestibule and Floor of Mouth, Excision or Destruction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Presby University Penn Med Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Charity Hospital Lsu Med Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1984

Dr. Routman has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Routman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Routman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Routman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Routman to family and friends
Dr. Routman's Performance
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Routman worked with my son who had a very difficult situation and performed surgery. He was very kind, patient and made sure all our questions were answered. He took the time to arrange the other Doctors who would have to assist in my sons surgery and treats my son with such patience, focus and diligence. We love this practice!!
in birmingham, al |
An excellent doctor and staff! These folks have been taking care of me for many years. They have always helped me and taken care of whatever was causing me problems. I highly recommend them!
in Tuscaloosa, AL |
Great doctor. Takes his time to explains everything which is great. Would highly recommend him to everybody.
Hoover, AL |
This was my first time to see Dr. Routman, and I had a positive experience. He was very pleasant and professional. He took the time to explain my problem and to answer any questions I had. His staff was also efficient, friendly and helpful.
Homewood, AL |
I highly recommend Dr. Routman to others in need of an ENT. My consultation with Dr. Routman was very positive. He was very personal and professional and had very simple and sensible medical advice for me to follow. I'm very hopeful that my condition will be resolved.
in Indian Springs, AL |
Dr. Routman worked me in and the wait was minimal. All of his staff was friendly and he was exceptional.
in Bessemer, AL |
Dr. Routman was congenial; and he listened, examined, and diagnosed my problem with the assurance that if this did not help, there were other options to try. He explained in detail what I needed to know about the medication he was prescribing. He and his staff are friendly and make you feel like they care about your health.
in birmingham, al |
Excellent surgeon and physician in all respects.
in Homewood, AL |
Dr Routman is always caring and easy to talk to. His explanations are easy to understand. Unlike some doctors, he treats me like another human being rather than an inferior.
Birmingham, AL |
I am very pleased with the service I have been receiving from Dr. Routman. He takes his time going over the problems and symptoms I'm having and will continue to explain until I understand all remedies and solutions available. He is very friendly and professional. I have truly been impressed with him as a doctor and would recommend him to anyone needing help with ENT services.
Gadsden, AL |
Very good doctor, listened to all my concerns and explained his reasoning for medicines he gives, testing etc. Excellebt physician would highly recommend him.
birmingham, al |
The staff and Dr. Routman put me at ease. Professional, courteous, friendly. Explained my condition, explained the procedures, explained home care. Could not have asked for a better visit.
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Routman has been my ENT for well over 20 years. He takes a conservative approach with great success. He is quite congenial and I consider him a great diagnostician. In addition, the staff is wonderful...they care!
in Moody, AL |
Thankful that he is my ENT.
in Birmingham, AL |
I had a wonderful experience in Dr Routman's office. The staff was kind and courteous. Jennifer the audiologist was also very kind and took time to explain the testing to me. Dr Routman was friendly, professional, and very knowledgeable. He answered all my questions and didn't seem rushed at all. I'm so glad I chose to go there and I highly recommend them.
Jasper, AL |
Both the doctor and staff were very friendly and professional. The doctor was happy to answer my questions and took the time to carefully explain my condition and suggestions for possible further treatment depending on test results.
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Routman and his staff was very helpful during my visit. He informed me thoroughly about my condition. I would not hesitate in recommending him to friends or family for their ENT health problems.
in Birmingham, AL |
I really appreciate the care and concern that Dr Routman showed towards me. He has a great sense of humor. His staff is kind especially his nurse.
Helena, Al |
I was referred here by my primary care CRNP. Everyone I came in contact with was extremely pleasant and courteous. Dr. Routman thoughtfully listened to what I had to describe had been going on. He was also very thorough going over the test results. I will definately go to him again as well as refer him to my friends and coworkers.
in Birmingham, AL |
While being very professional, Dr Routemant has a most pleasant personality, easy to talk to and very informative on health tips connected with my problem. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is seeking a top notched ENT. He advised me that should I have an emergency that all I need to do was call his office and they would tell me to come in immediately. This was my first visit to DR Routeman but he will be my choice for an ENT in the future.
in Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Routman is an excellent physician. He provides good care with compassion. He answers all questions and spend the time needed to make patients feel comfortable. His staff is friendly, welcoming, and efficient. Highly recommend.
in Birmingham, AL |
Very good , would definitely recommend him .
in Cleveland, AL |
I felt a need to change doctors and got an appointment with Dr. Routman. It was easy to get an appointment. Dr. Routman is very knowledgeable and has great bedside manner. I cannot say enough about the wonderful care and kindness of not only the doctor but his wonderful staff. They are all so very kind and make you feel that your health if of utmost importance to them.
in Birmingham, AL |
Felt rushed and didn't really feel he was trying to listen .
in Birmingham, AL |
Excellent manner. Generally sincere. Vast comprehensive knowledge. Works with you and for you! Friendly staff. Highly recommend!!!
in Hanceville, Alabama |
Extremely great doctor, saw me for a hearing emergency, with no prior visits. Staff called to check on me after my visit. Very positive experience.
Birmingham, AL |
Wonderful experience with Dr. Routman would definitely recommend him to other people and go back to him. Very professional and wonderful bedside manner.
in Oxford, AL |
Dr. Routman was very nice. The visit was right on time. Very please with everyone in the office.
in Birmingham, AL |
Very friendly. He was attentive to my reaction to any pain. He immediately recognize my problem and quickly took care of situation. Kind and gentle.
in Alabaster,Alabama |
Dr. Routman is the best there is !!!! He knows his stuff and truly cares about his patients!!!! The staff is AWESOME too. I love these people they take great care of me!!!!
Canton, MA |
Awesome experience! I felt very comfortable and everyone was extroidanary in patient care
in Birmingham, AL |
I am currently under the care and Dr.Routman and have been pleased. He takes his time with you and explains in detail his diagnosis with you. I fill confident that he will be able to solve my problem.
in Birmingham, AL |
My daughter and I have been under Dr. Routman's care for probably close to 15 years. I wouldn't see another ENT even if you paid me. He is caring, concerned and empathetic. He works with you and your concerns. Great bedside manner. I've seen him go above and beyond to ensure the comfort of his patients. He even understands the various insurance coverages and how best to prescribe medications that fit your budget. I recommend him to everyone.
in Birmingham, AL |
Awesome job!! I highly recommend Dr. Routman and his staff. Dr. Routman diagnosed my problem and was able to quickly fix the issue.
in Trussville, AL |
My deviates septum surgery only fixed one side, and immediately following surgery, I lost my short term memory. Not impressed.
Have you seen Dr. Marc Routman, MD?
Are you Dr. Routman?