Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD

Cardiothoracic Surgery •  Male • Age 50

Dr. Pelletier

Division of Cardiac Surgery, University Hospitals

11100 Euclid Ave Cleveland, OH 44106

Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD is a Cardiothoracic Surgery Specialist in Cleveland, OH. Dr. Pelletier has more experience with Cardiac Surgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as University Hospitals Ahuja Medical Center and University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Pelletier to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Cardiothoracic Surgery in your area

See similar Cardiothoracic Surgery in Cleveland

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Pelletier accepts

Dr. Pelletier accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Ohio

Cardiac Surgery

Cardiac surgery, or heart surgery, is performed to treat issues related to the heart, including congenital defects or damage caused by other conditions, such as blocked arteries or arrhythmias.Compare with other Cardiac Surgery specialists.

Typically treats 92% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)

Dr. Pelletier performs Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary) more than 94% of their peers

Dr. Pelletier performs this procedure more than 94% of their peers

Mitral Valve Surgery

Dr. Pelletier performs Mitral Valve Surgery more than 92% of their peers

Dr. Pelletier performs this procedure more than 92% of their peers

Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery

Dr. Pelletier performs Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery more than 91% of their peers

Dr. Pelletier performs this procedure more than 91% of their peers

• Cardiomyopathy
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Bypass Graft (CABG) Surgery
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Coronary Artery Dissection
  • Decortication and Pleurectomy
  • Dissecting Aneurysm
  • Endocarditis
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Defect Repair
  • Heart Disease
  • Heart Surgery
  • Heart Valve Replacement
  • Heart Valve Surgery
  • Insertion of Epicardial Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Maze Procedure
  • Removal or Revision of Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Rheumatic Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Septal Defect
  • Thoracoabdominal Aortic Aneurysm
  • Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
  • Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair
  • Tricuspid Valve Surgery
  • Valve Repair or Replacement (Aortic, Mitral, Tricuspid, and Pulmonary)
  • Vascular Surgical Procedure

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD...

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer evening visits?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Dr. Pelletier's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Pelletier

Dr. Pelletier?
EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM WAS TOP NOTCH. COULD NOT HAVE MADE A BETTER CHOICE TO DO MY VALVE REPAIR SURGERY. THE BEST. VERY CARING DOCTOR. U.H. SHOULD BE GLAD TO HAVE SOMEONE OF HIS STATURE. 5 STAR
GARY HASSEL – Jul 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
My Husband Mike went in for a Stint and the Blockage was so Severe that they kept him at Ahuja until the surgery. Three days later he was having a Double Bypass on his Heart. Mike's Lungs are not that great so things were a little nerve racking. The people at Ahuja Hospital's 4th Floor Heart Care was the BEST! We felt like Family there as they took care of my Husband, Mike. Dr. Pelletier came in before the Surgery Twice to Check on us. We felt so much Better after he explained what was gonna happen. Dr Pelletier was so Nice and explained everything that he was gonna do. He also assured me that they would let me know as the procedure was happening. The entire Heart Surgery to Pre -op and Post-op were really great from the entire Staff. The Doctor was so nice and made us feel a lot Better for the Surgery. Thank You to everyone that had a hand in taking such Great Care of my Husband , Mike!
Mike & Nancy Peters – Mar 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
By the time I got to Dr. Pelletier via an ER visit, I was in bad shape with a life threatening condition. I had a aortic dissection. Through Dr. Pelletier's expertise, quick judgement calls, skill, and compassion, he saved my life. Not only did he save my life, but he was a rock for my family. I will always be thankful for Dr. Pelletier!
Kristie G. - Cleveland, OH – Feb 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
Dr. Pelletier was my cardiac surgeon at University Hospitals in Cleveland, Ohio in January. He is a compassionate and caring doctor. He was knowledgeable and thorough in the pre-op meeting with my wife and me. He explained the procedure he was doing and took the time with us to answer all our questions. Never felt like he was rushing off to do the next item on his schedule. I felt very comfortable having him as my surgeon. He did six coronary artery by-pass graphs on my heart. I received excellent care in the ICU following surgery and was discharged 5 days post surgery. Met with one of the nurses for a post op checkup two weeks after surgery to determine how I was doing, Standard operating procedure at University Hospitals. Then met with Dr. Pelletier 5 weeks post op for an examination. Again he took the time to answer all our questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Pelletier.
Mike O Cleveland, Ohio – Feb 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
Dr. Pelletier is absolutely a wonderful person and a knowledgeable, skilled and experienced doctor. I felt privileged to have him as my surgeon. It was very stressful to find out that I needed heart surgery, but after meeting with him, I knew that I was in the right hands. He is one of those special doctors that are kind, confident and professional and made me feel comfortable having such a complex procedure (triple bypass on Dec 2nd 2019). The surgery was successful, as planned, and the outcome is great. Thank You Dr. Pelletier for saving my life!
Lucian A. - Cleveland OH – Feb 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
Dr. Pelletier is an excellent Doctor & Surgeon. He was very professional and made sure I knew what was going on during the process. He explained everything very straight forward to me. My surgery went very smoothly and I recovered very quick, even at 81 years of age! I would highly recommend him to anyone looking to get surgery. Thank you very much!
Albert J Falkenstein, Akron, OH – Dec 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
He is the best ! Did bypass surgery and aortic valve replacement on me. Smart, kind and human.
Mike Bernstein – Sep 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
Came into Bringham and Woman’s to repair a leaking valve. Found out I had to have a bypass due to two clogged arteries. One was 90%and the other 70% Dr. Pelletier was incredible. He sat down with my wife and I for 45 minutes answering all questions and concerns. He also visited me after the operation to go over the next steps in post surgery. He was able to fix my leaking valve and did an amazing job on the bypass. He is a pioneer In valve replacement and repair
Jun 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
Dr Pelletier exceeded all my expectations and his staff/support folks were as good as it can get.
roger j in east weymouth – Jun 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
I found Dr Pelletier patient and reassuring. He thoroughly explained the procedure and what I could expect post surgery. He took the time to answer all my questions and I went away from our initial discussion with a confidence that I'm certain aided in my recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Pelletier.
May 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
Once it was determined I had a bad mitral valve, Dr Mark Pelletier was recommended as the surgeon. Having Dr. Pelletier as my surgeon was one of the best things that happened to me. He spent a considerable amount of time explaining what was happening and what the surgical options were. The difficult 6-hour surgery went extremely well and the follow up process was world class. I feel fortunate to have had Dr. Pelletier for my surgery.
May 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
Dr. Pelletier listens. He explains complicated subjects with ease. I made a decision at all our meetings with confidence. He is so calm and radiates peacefulness even when sharing news about complications. During my procedure, that turned out to be replacements of two valves and a repair of an aneurysm, he was able to meet with my family to assure them that all was well. Post op he met with me every day and reviewed the progress made. I was very well prepared for discharge. For mother’s day this year my daughter bought a double frame. On one side was a picture of my grandson “who stole my heart” and on the other side was a photo of Dr. Pelletier “who gave me a new heart”. (Sorry but I’ve since replaced the good doctor with another picture of my darling little Luke): Just a testament that a doctor can heal, but a physician heals the soul.
May 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
I was having a sudden cardiac issue and Dr. Pelletier for e into his schedule within 2 weeks. His expertise provided me with coronary by-pass surgery even though I was a patient on dialysis and who had previous heart surgery. He was very reassuring and kind. Because of his excellent knowledge, he did the by-pass I would not have pain on dialysis. He is a triple life-saver.
S. Brown in New Boston – Feb 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
My experience with Dr> Pelletier was outstanding. He is a courteous, caring, honest and extremely informative when he took the time to explain what was wrong with my heart and how he planned to repair it through surgey. The follow up appointment was great and again he was genuinely concerned with my healing process. I highly recommend!
Thomas Cashman in Swanzey, NH – Feb 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
He essentially saved my life. I have the most confidence in Dr. Pelletier in the time he spent with me, the way he explained what he was going to do, and the results from what he did. I am lucky I found him for my surgery.
Peter DiCenso in Easton, MA – Feb 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
My wife and I met Dr Pelletier on 8/23/18! We were immediately impressed by his warmth and sincerity as well as that one extremely important characteristic, you want to see in your Heart Surgeon, CONFIDENCE! He said" I know this seems like a really big thing to you but it's is not for me I do them every day"! I had my surgery on 10/3 went home on 10/9 walked .52 miles on 10/20, 1.62 on 10/24 & and now 3 in 1hr- FitBit Ionic. I’m very thankful, this Holiday Season for Dr. Marc Pelletier &BW
Jim Bovaird in Spencer, MA – Dec 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
Dr. Pelletier is an amazing professional! He listens carefully and takes the time to explain things. I recommend him without reservation.
Newport, RI – Dec 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
Excellent Doctor/Surgeon. Very professional and informative and very easy-going manner. I would highly recommend him. My surgery went very well and my recovery time was excellent. Thank You!
Scott Alberti in West Roxbury, MA – Nov 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
Dr. Pelletier was fabulous throughout my whole cardiac experience and I consider myself very lucky to have him as my surgeon !
Sean Costello in Boston , MA – Nov 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?
Very knowledgeable, professional, and caring. Visited me every day during my stay in the hospital. A real gentleman.
RAMON RAMOS in FAIRFIELD, CT – Nov 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Pelletier, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pelletier?

Dr. Pelletier is the Chief of Cardiac Surgery at University Hospitals, which oversees cardiac surgery at 5 different hospitals within the UH system.  He was formerly the surgical director of the TAVR program at Brigham and Women's Hospital. ...Read more

• Cardiothoracic Surgery

• French

More Information

• Does Dr. Pelletier communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Pelletier communicates via email

• Does Dr. Pelletier offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Pelletier offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Pelletier offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Pelletier have free onsite parking?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not have free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Pelletier offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Pelletier offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Pelletier offer evening visits?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not offer evening visits