Neurotology  |
Dr. Marc Eisen, MD
Dr. Marc Eisen, MD is a neurotology doctor who practices in Wethersfield, CT. He is 46 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Eisen is affiliated with Hartford Hospital.

CONNECTICUT EAR NOSE & THROAT ASSOCIATES PC

• Oxford Health Plans
  • PHCS
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Eisen

Dr. Eisen's clinical interests include disorders of hearing and balance, including hearing loss, cholesteatoma, acoustic neuroma, facial nerve disorders, cochlear implantation, otosclerosis and Meniere's disease. He has authored many papers that have appeared in the otolaryngology literature, and has made numerous presentations at national meetings. His research earned him several prestigious grants and awards from both the Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery and the NIH.

Dr. Eisen's Experience

Dr. Eisen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neurotology

• Inner Ear Repair
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Mastoidectomy
  • Myringotomy
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Skull Base Surgery
  • Stapedectomy
  • Vestibular Testing

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

• Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1993
  • Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania
    Medical School | Graduated 2000
  • University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine,Department Of Surgery
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2001
  • University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine, Department Of Otorhinolaryngolgy
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • John Hopkins University, Department Of Otolaryngology, Division Of Otology/Neurotology
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007
  • PHD, University Of Pennsylvania
    Other Education | Completed 2000

Dr. Eisen has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Eisen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Eisen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Eisen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Eisen to family and friends
2.4
Dr. Eisen's Performance
    FAIR
in Suffield, CT |
Dr. Marc Eisen is an exceptional doctor and person. He agreed to do an ear surgery that had not been done before - because I was desperate. Outcome is 100% +. He spent a great deal of time with me on every visit - explain what could happen -that didn't. His skill as a surgeon is amazing. His caring and compassion is so welcoming. I'm a 79 year old nurse who is still working so I've seen a lot of medical care delivered - and Dr. Eisen is outstanding.
in Plainville, CT |
I've had to have 2 brain surgeries in the last year and with both Dr. Eisen had to do surgery on my ears. I've been seeing him for the last year as my ENT and have no doubt that he is very knowledgeable and is a good Dr. I'm very surprised to see the reviews I'm seeing because he's always taken the time to explain everything to me and never have I waited more than 15 minutes to see him. I've had ear problems my entire life and have seen many ENT and for once I've found one that I can truly trust
Bristol, CT |
My mom had a horrible experience with this doctor. She had horrible pain and noise in her ear for several months. She was not sleeping and the pain level was at a 8-9 at night. He told her rather rudely that there was nothing he could do for her. He suggested that the pain was "in her head" and told her to see a Psychiatrist. Than he opened the door to hurry her out. A doctor is suppose to help their patients however this was not the case with him. I am glad that she is no longer going there.
Tolland, CT |
Went to see Dr Eisen after having a bad experience with a different ENT. The audiologist who did my testing was amazing, however Dr Eisen looked at her report and said it ''seemed'' I had something called vestibular migraine. Did not physically examine me at all. Offered a few suggestions but seemed very aloof and unconcerned with my symptoms and quality of life. Met with him for about five minutes and received a bill for over $ 600. Needless to say I'm onto my third ENT in a few weeks.
in Vernon |
DR Eisen what can I say professional and understanding. He did my cochlear implant in Feb 2017 .I work for a DR and Would I recommend him yes I would. 5 stars. And I will share with anyone who asks. Glad I found him. Happy Patient Sue Gerber Vernon Ct
in New Britain, CT |
He earned the crummy amount of stars he got. Fellow suffers of mystery ear and throat pain. Go see a pain specialist who's also a Neurologist if you can find one. After a brain MRI, I have severe neuralgia in a major nerve. Sent me to another ENT to doublecheck and now the pain specialist/Neurologist is trying different medications to reduce pain and swelling. Dr. Eisen looked in my ear and hurt like crazy. he said "I can't believe that hurts". Got 6 minutes of his precious time and a big bill.
in Farmington, CT |
I wear hearing aids . when one ear's hearing diminishes noticeably in a day its reason to have concern and get it checked. it's what happened to me and what I did. naturally I went to someone my wife/audiologist knows by respected reputation. I found Dr Eisen a v. good listener. sitting, wanting to hear what I had to say about why I was there. logical elimination of serious concerns. solid advice w/ follow up offer. [full disclosure: my wife does not work w/ or for Dr Eisen]
in West Hartford, CT |
I was referred to Dr. Eisen following an automobile accident . I had ongoing issues with vertigo and was taking Meclizine for many months. Dr. Eisen put me on the fast track to recovery. He explained my options and made me feel confident that my issues could (at least be controlled) Dr. Eisen was compassionate, professional, extremely knowledgeable and spent as much time with me as needed to understand what was going on with my vertigo. Five star professional provider. Highly Recommend.
in Simsbury, CT |
I saw him in regards to my profound hearing loss. I agreed to having Cochlear Implant, for as long as it was MRI safe (due to also having MS). They found me MED EL brand to be safe for MRI. He did a wonderful job on the Surgery (didn't even have to shave my hair; just a clean cut behind the ear....perfectly done). Was in/out within 4 hours. My recovery went well. Saw him a week later. He said it looks good, and that I was ready for CI hook up within next 2-3 wks. Very pleasant w/TLC!
in Middlefield, CT |
Dr. Eisen basically gave me my life back. Not sure where any of these negative reviews are coming from. He is an EAR expert. I had severe rotational vertigo where I could not stand, eat or conduct my daily life. I also have hearing loss in one ear with tinntius (Meneries Disease). He is Very compassionate, highly knowledgeable, respectful and personable. I would not go to anyone else. He spends a lot of time answering questions I would not go to anyone else. See an EXPERT ! DR. EISEN.
in Plainfield ct |
I felt very comfortable and relieved after my appointment with Dr. Eisen. I was diagnosed with a acoustic neuroma by another physician and referred to his office. His office scheduled me in right away and I didn't have to wait long. He answered all my questions and was on the same page as I was. He joked which made me feel more comfortable.
in East Hartford, CT |
Dr. Eisen was very good at explaining the diagnosis to me. He and his staff were friendly yet professional. I would def. go back and would recommend him to others.
in Farmington, CT |
Don't ever go see this doctor. I waited over 2 hours to see him. By the time he got to me, he told me he was behind and wanted me to hurry up as to why I was there. He was rude, in a hurry, no bedside manner, and never laid a finger on me. Just went over the results and said I was fine. The only reason why I saw him was that he was only a week wait for a new patient. Now I see why. Going to see another doctor that has a 5 week wait and suffer. Letting my insurance company know.
Amazingly patient and understood my concerns. Some clarity may have been slightly more beneficial prior to my surgical date but he was otherwise very knowledgable and well- spoken. My referral made a wise choice helping me get to Dr. Eisen.
New Fairfield, CT |
Does not have a good patient 'bedside manner', is not specific and talks over your head. Seems aloof. He may be talented but his post operative level of care is poor and simplistic with no follow up. The Hartford surgical facility that he practices in is second rate. I will not return to his care.
Negative experience. Waited over an hour. Staff kept telling me I was next but some guy walked in and staff said Dr.would be able to see him without appointment. Waited in room while he walks right by to see the other guy I went to talk to staff and they said I could talk to the office manager if I wanted to. Must be a frequent occurrence. After all that I saw Dr for 5 min. Supposed to be very knowledgeable and capable guy but make sure you have time and patience.
CT |
WORSE DOCTOR I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO! My ears have been clogged for months !!!! and I took a hearing test, due to me doing relatively good, the doctor decided that no more further examination will be done. Just told me plain out that he could not do anything else or prescribe me with anything. He just looked into my ears, that's it! No more further exam of my throat, nose, inside my ears past the ear drum NOTHING! He said due to the tests nothing else is needed. HE IS THE BIGGEST JOKE EVER.
He seemed intent on getting in & out quickly. Did not explore possible causes of my symptoms nor ask related questions that may be contributing to these symptoms. Though visit was ear related, Did not even look down my throat or nose.
WORST DR ON THE ENTIRE PLANET : HE WAS THE WORST DR. IVE EVER BEEN TO . DONT WASTE YOUR TIME SEEING HIM!!!!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Marc Eisen, MD?
Are you Dr. Eisen?

Neurotology
Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Ear, Nose, and Throat
Pediatric Otolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat)