Dr. Marc D. Eisen, MD

Dr. Marc D. Eisen, MD

Neurotology | Male

CONNECTICUT EAR NOSE & THROAT ASSOCIATES PC 988 Silas Deane Hwy, Wethersfield, CT 06109 Get Directions
(860) 493-1950

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Eisen's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Eisen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Eisen

Dr. Eisen accepts 13 insurance carriers

13 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Eisen has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Eisen

Dr. Eisen's Review Details
2.3 based on 48 responses
Experience with Dr. Eisen
Dr. Eisen's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (47)
in Simsbury, CT |
I saw him in regards to my profound hearing loss. I agreed to having Cochlear Implant, for as long as it was MRI safe (due to also having MS). They found me MED EL brand to be safe for MRI. He did a wonderful job on the Surgery (didn't even have to shave my hair; just a clean cut behind the ear....perfectly done). Was in/out within 4 hours. My recovery went well. Saw him a week later. He said it looks good, and that I was ready for CI hook up within next 2-3 wks. Very pleasant w/TLC!
in Middlefield, CT |
Dr. Eisen basically gave me my life back. Not sure where any of these negative reviews are coming from. He is an EAR expert. I had severe rotational vertigo where I could not stand, eat or conduct my daily life. I also have hearing loss in one ear with tinntius (Meneries Disease). He is Very compassionate, highly knowledgeable, respectful and personable. I would not go to anyone else. He spends a lot of time answering questions I would not go to anyone else. See an EXPERT ! DR. EISEN.
in Plainfield ct |
I felt very comfortable and relieved after my appointment with Dr. Eisen. I was diagnosed with a acoustic neuroma by another physician and referred to his office. His office scheduled me in right away and I didn't have to wait long. He answered all my questions and was on the same page as I was. He joked which made me feel more comfortable.
in East Hartford, CT |
Dr. Eisen was very good at explaining the diagnosis to me. He and his staff were friendly yet professional. I would def. go back and would recommend him to others.
in Farmington, CT |
Don't ever go see this doctor. I waited over 2 hours to see him. By the time he got to me, he told me he was behind and wanted me to hurry up as to why I was there. He was rude, in a hurry, no bedside manner, and never laid a finger on me. Just went over the results and said I was fine. The only reason why I saw him was that he was only a week wait for a new patient. Now I see why. Going to see another doctor that has a 5 week wait and suffer. Letting my insurance company know.
Amazingly patient and understood my concerns. Some clarity may have been slightly more beneficial prior to my surgical date but he was otherwise very knowledgable and well- spoken. My referral made a wise choice helping me get to Dr. Eisen.
New Fairfield, CT |
Does not have a good patient 'bedside manner', is not specific and talks over your head. Seems aloof. He may be talented but his post operative level of care is poor and simplistic with no follow up. The Hartford surgical facility that he practices in is second rate. I will not return to his care.
Negative experience. Waited over an hour. Staff kept telling me I was next but some guy walked in and staff said Dr.would be able to see him without appointment. Waited in room while he walks right by to see the other guy I went to talk to staff and they said I could talk to the office manager if I wanted to. Must be a frequent occurrence. After all that I saw Dr for 5 min. Supposed to be very knowledgeable and capable guy but make sure you have time and patience.
CT |
WORSE DOCTOR I HAVE EVER BEEN TOO! My ears have been clogged for months !!!! and I took a hearing test, due to me doing relatively good, the doctor decided that no more further examination will be done. Just told me plain out that he could not do anything else or prescribe me with anything. He just looked into my ears, that's it! No more further exam of my throat, nose, inside my ears past the ear drum NOTHING! He said due to the tests nothing else is needed. HE IS THE BIGGEST JOKE EVER.
He seemed intent on getting in & out quickly. Did not explore possible causes of my symptoms nor ask related questions that may be contributing to these symptoms. Though visit was ear related, Did not even look down my throat or nose.
WORST DR ON THE ENTIRE PLANET : HE WAS THE WORST DR. IVE EVER BEEN TO . DONT WASTE YOUR TIME SEEING HIM!!!!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Eisen?
Are you Dr. Eisen? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Eisen

• Inner Ear Repair
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Mastoidectomy
  • Myringotomy
  • Perforated Eardrum Repair (Tympanoplasty)
  • Skull Base Surgery
  • Stapedectomy
  • Vestibular Testing

No malpractice history found for Connecticut.

Perelman School Of Medicine University Of Pennsylvania

Graduated in 2000

University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine,Department Of Surgery

Completed in 2001

University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine, Department Of Otorhinolaryngolgy

Completed in 2005

John Hopkins University, Department Of Otolaryngology, Division Of Otology/Neurotology

Completed in 2007

Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1993

• Other Education
    PHD, University Of Pennsylvania

Completed in 2000

Dr. Eisen has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Eisen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Eisen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Eisen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurotology
  • Board certified in Neurotology and Otolaryngology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Eisen

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Eisen's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Eisen

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Eisen's Care Philosophy

Dr. Eisen's clinical interests include disorders of hearing and balance, including hearing loss, cholesteatoma, acoustic neuroma, facial nerve disorders, cochlear implantation, otosclerosis and Meniere's disease. He has authored many papers that have appeared in the otolaryngology literature, and has made numerous presentations at national meetings. His research earned him several prestigious grants and awards from both the Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery and the NIH.