Dr. Marc I. Dinowitz, MD

Dr. Marc I. Dinowitz, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male | 50 years old

Providing comprehensive orthopedic care of the highest quality to our community with exceptional compassion.Read more

OrthoArizona - Mezona Division

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Dinowitz's Experience

See how Dr. Dinowitz's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dinowitz

Dr. Dinowitz accepts 20 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Dinowitz has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Dinowitz's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dinowitz to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Dinowitz
Dr. Dinowitz's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (181)
in Mesa, AZ |
Hey was amazing. I am 18 and has put 2 metal plates and I have healed very quickly and perfectly. He's awsome!!! I recommend him highly.
in Chandler, AZ |
It was necessary for me to have Carpal Tunnel Surgery so I began studying doctors online and found information on Dr. Dinowitz. I discovered a doctor with a friendly, energetic personality who made time to schedule my surgery without a long wait. Surgery was done in less than 15 minutes while Dr. Dinowitz carried on a conversation showing interest in me while taking my attention away from the surgical procedure. The nurses and all who helped me deserve five stars also..
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr. Dinowitz isn't an excellent hand surgeon. I was expecting to be in a lot of pain after having a thumb joint replacement. To my amazement I was pleasantly surprised that I only took pain pills for one day after surgery. I had had my other thumb done several years prior by another hand surgeon. It was much more painful. Dr. Dinowitz was a warm, caring surgeon who was concerned about doing the best job possible. I have already recommended him to several of my friends.
in Tempe, AZ |
He truly cares about his patients! I have had to have 4 fingers operated on because of arthritis and all 3 surgeries went very well. Yes, I even had 2 fingers operated on at the same time and although the pain was double the outcome was fantastic.
Gilbert, AZ |
My son had a tumor on his pinky that was quite large. Dr. Dinowitz explained the plan to remove it. My son had his surgery less than 2 weeks later. The tumor was completely removed and after the stitches came out the finger looks wonderful. The best part was he is no longer in pain. Dr. Dinowitz and the staff, both in the office and at the hospital, were awesome. I highly recommend this Dr.
Great doctor.
in Gilbert, AZ |
He's a great surgeon! Dr. Dinowitz explained all my options, surgical vs. non-surgical and the best outcome.
in Mesa, AZ |
I am in a Law Enforcement career and it’s very important that I obtain the services of the best surgeons available. Dr Dinowitz had conducted rotor cuff surgery on my shoulder twice in 2012 and I was able to continue my career as a police officer. Recently, a dog had bitten me in my left hand/thumb and a very aggressive infection had set in. There was a possibility that I can lose the use of my left thumb, thus ending my law enforcement career. Dr Dinowitz was able to safe my thumb.
in Chandler, AZ |
If you want a Doctor and his staff that wastes your time, charges you for appointments that are not needed, bills you twice for the same thing from two different sources and performs surgery that results in making your hands more numb than they were before, then this is the place for you. Buyer beware and try somewhere else you like wasting your time, money and you still have problems.
This is a comment is from a disgruntled patient who doesn't understand his condition. The billing at this office is incredibly transparent and no patient is ever billed twice. Please read the majority of other patient comments. This patient sent us an email threatening to post this.
in Mesa, AZ |
I recently had carpel tunnel release surgery. I found Dr. Dinowitz through my insurance. I can not believe how professional his office is. The customer service the office provides is exceptional. Dr. Dinowitz and Jason listen to their patients and spend time needed with you to make sure you understand. Look no further for a Dr. Dr. Dinowitz and his professional team is the right one for you.
in Phoenix, AZ |
An overall good result from my referral to Dr Dinowitz. He explains fully what is happening. I had thumb joint replacement in Jan 2016. It was a successfull surgery. It looks great. I am totally pain free! Can actually open jars again! I would highly recommend a visit to Dr Diniwitz if you are in pain.
in Gilbert, AZ |
I was having a problem with my wrist. I found Dr Dinowitz through my insurance. He quickly identified the problem. He operated and gave me back the use of my hand and wrist. He was very caring, as was his staff, through the entire process. I would highly recommend Dr Dinowitz and will definitely see him again if needed.
in Apache Junction, AZ |
I found Dr. Dinowitz through my insurance. He took the time to first explain the history of my condition, the procedure, and the results he was expecting to accomplish. The personnel that work with and for the origination (the Doctor, the office staff, and the surgical staff) made the entire experience outstanding. I could not be happier with the results, the professionalism, and genuine attitudes of caring. I will use his services again as needed!
in Gilbert, PA |
I saw Dr. Dinowitz for an issue in my left hand. I knew from experiencing the same problem in my right hand that I would require surgery. Dr Dinowitz explained the process, the risks, recovery and the expected results. I never felt rushed and he never left the room without answering all my questions and concerns. I am now five weeks post op and thoroughly pleased with the results. I will recommend Dr Dinowitz, and the Practice, to anyone looking a competent and caring Orthopaedic Surgeon.
in Mesa, AZ |
I would definitely recommend Dr Dinowitz to family and friends. Has done joint replacement on both of my hands with great results.He is very caring and knowledge in his field. Am so glad he is there for me in time of need. I will be a repeat patient if I ever need him again. Was always comfortable with his explanation or plans form my problems and the surgeries he did for me.
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr Dinowitz repaired my fractured wrist 2 days after my bicycle accident. He is caring, professional, has great bedside manner, and does amazing work. He spent time explaining my fracture, treatment options and answering questions, and I am back to full mobility after physical therapy. I would highly recommend this Dr.
in Mesa, AZ |
Very professional and made me feel at ease through both carpel tunnel release procedures.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Dinowitz was very professional and caring. He explained all my options and what procedure would benefit me the most . After having surgery on both my hands my pain is gone. I would recommend the procedure to anyone. I would highly recommend Dr. Dinowitz.
in Chandler, AZ |
Dr Dinowitz has provided me with excellent care for Trigger Finger and Carpal Tunnel release. His bed-side manner and his knowledge of the hand and wrist are excellent. I recommend him for everyone who needs hand and wrist care.
in Gilbert, AZ |
Dr. Denowitz was amazing! He removed a pin from my hand that was put in incorrectly by another practice. I had swelling and debris cleared that was causing me pain. The work was very clean, my hand is 100% better I highly recommend Dr. Denowitz!
in Mesa, AZ |
Dr. Dinowitz explained what he was to do. He did what he said, and the results are great. All were very courteous, helpful and knowledgeable both in the office and at the AZ Spine and Joint hospital. I recommend him to anyone I encounter with the same condition I had. Keep up the great work.
in Gold Canyon, AZ |
He is very friendly and makes you feel comfortable. I never felt rushed and all my questions were answered. I have confidence in his knowledge and skill. I would certainly recommend him to all my family and friends.
in Mesa, AZ |
I definitely recommend Dinowitz. He's very friendly, and knows whats best for his patients and he clearly wants to make sure the whole healing process is as quick and easy as possible. He's also very willing to answer any questions you might have. It was very nice to have someone so knowledgeable and caring as my doctor/surgeon.
in Queen Creek, AZ |
I had a bad break of my wrist (mainly radius, but also ulna). Did it Wednesday night, saw Dr. Dinowitz on Friday and had surgery the following Tuesday. Dr. explained what would give the best long term results and showed me my x-rays. Dr. is great about getting the joint moving as soon as possible and got me into hand physical therapy same building as his office just 6 days after my surgery. I never was in a cast, just a wrist brace which was great. Six weeks later I'm ~85% healed!
in Queen Creek, AZ |
Dr. Dinowitz is amazing. He answered all questions I had the first time I had surgery 7 years ago. At that point I was actually pregnant & when surgery time came & concerns arrived, his & my concerns were address & minds put to ease. When it had to be repeated on same arm/hand & on other side, he was compassionate & forthcoming with his diagnosis, pros & cons, & made the procedures seem less daunting. He & his staff were very accommodating when I showed up in his office w/ a broken clavicle (
in Mesa, AZ |
Decided this last summer to have some sugary on my hand while in AZ this winter. Researched doctors in the Mesa area and decided on Dr. Dinowitz. More than happy with him and his staff. Would strongly recommended.
Sacramento, CA |
Dr. Dinowitz is a consummate professional. He made me feel comfortable with my ganglion cyst situation and confident I made the right decision to get it surgically removed. The surgery went well and I'm still recovering but everything is going smoo. Lastly, Dr. Dinowitz is a friendly, easy-going doctor. He made the process not feel like a traditional doctor/patient relationship and did a great job helping me understand my situation and my subsequent options to alleviate my discomfort.
Have you seen Dr. Marc I. Dinowitz, MD?

Compare Dr. Dinowitz

More Orthopedic Hand Surgery Specialists like Dr. Dinowitz at OrthoArizona - Mezona Division

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Dinowitz's Board Certifications

• Hand Surgery

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • De Quervain's Disease
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Hand Pain
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lupus
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Small Joint Arthroplasty
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Replacement

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

New York University School of Medicine

New England Medical Center Hospitals

Completed in 1998

Perelman School of Medicine University of Pennsylvania

Graduated in 1988

Dr. Dinowitz has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dinowitz does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dinowitz and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Dinowitz's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  • Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Dinowitz

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Dinowitz's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Dinowitz

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Dinowitz's Care Philosophy