Pediatric Neurology  |
Dr. Marc Difazio, MD
Dr. Marc Difazio, MD is a pediatric neurology doctor who practices in Rockville, MD. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Difazio is affiliated with Children's National Medical Center, Frederick Memorial Hospital and Adventist Healthcare Shady Grove Medical Center.

9850 Key West Ave Fl 4

• CHAMPVA
  • Community Health Choice
  • CoreSource

Learn about Dr. Difazio

My highest priority is to maximize quality of life for patients and family members. To this end, I emphasize the need for facilitating communication with families, and mandating that patients take responsibility for their health and care plan.   compliance with tough initiatives like exercise, weight loss, and non-medical treatments to complement a medical intervention are critical for the success of medical management.   I  am committed to patient safety, and am part of the CNHS Ambulatory Electronic Health Record implementation.

Dr. Difazio's Experience

Dr. Difazio's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatric Neurology
  • Board certified in Neurology, Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology and Pediatrics

• Pediatric Neurology

Accredited by: American Board of Pediatrics*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Spine
  • Ataxia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Insomnia
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Migraine, Hormone-Induced
  • Movement Disorders
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Diseases
  • Nerve Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuropathy, Motor and Sensory
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Oppositional Defiant Disorder

• Botox® Injection
  • Chemodenervation
  • Chronic Pain Management
  • EEG (Electroencephalogram)

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• Providence College

• Army Commendation Medal, 1996
  • Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 1991
  • The little Neurotoxin that Could, 4/21/2003
  • Biotinidase deficiency, 2006
  • Fibromuscular Dysplasia in a six-year-old Child: a Rare Cause of Childhood Stroke, 8/00
  • Paroxysmal Tonic Upgaze and Partial Tetrasomy of Chromosome 15: A Novel Genetic Association, 2005
  • Early Diagnosis of Spinal Cord Arteriovenous Malformations, 1994
  • Acute Onset of Myoclonus After Group A Beta-hemolytic Streptococcal Infection, 1998
  • Acute Onset of Myoclonus after Group A Beta Hemolytic Streptococcal Infection: A PANDAS Variant., 10/98
  • The Utility of SPECT Scanning in a Neonate with Hypothalamic Hamartoma and Gelastic Seizures, 7/00
  • Basal Ganglia Injury as a Complication of the Ketogenic Diet, 2002
  • A Focused Review of Treatment with Botulinum Toxins for Low Back Pain, 2003
  • Visual disturbance associated with postoperative cerebellar mutism, 2005
  • Botulinum toxin A improved burning pain and allodynia in two patients with spinal cord pathology, 2003
  • Ectodermal Dysplasia and Brain Cystic Changes, 7/02
  • Index of Suspicion: Case 3, Infantile Pseudotumor Cerebri, 7/01
  • Orofacial Automatisms Induced by Acute Withdrawal From High-Dose Midazolam Mimicking Nonconvulsive Status Epilepticus in a Child, 2003
  • A Rare Interstitial Deletion (2)(p11.2p13) In a Child With Pericentric Inversion of Paternal Origin, 1999
  • Aicardi Syndrome, 2006
  • Molecularly defined Interstitial Tandem Duplication 6p Case with Mild Manifeestations, 2001

Dr. Difazio does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Difazio and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Difazio's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Difazio to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Difazio's Performance
Silver Spring, MD |
Dr. Difazio is amazing. His calm manner is very helpful to a parent struggling with a scary diagnosis of a young child. He is very knowledgeable and extremely accessible. I am very happy that he is my son's doctor.
in Silver Spring, MD |
Dr. Difazio came in the room right away, no waiting, and explained in detail about my daughters conditions, ensured completely we did not have any further questions and took the time to explain how we would communicate through the online portal all in record time without feeling in any way rushed. Great bedside manner, lovely.
in Olney, Maryland |
Dr. Difazio was fantastic. He was thoughtful, professional and friendly. He made our son feel comfortable and did the same for my wife and myself. I would recommend him to anyone who has to deal with neurological challenges & concerns for their child, especially as most are unexpected and worrisome. His staff was courteous and the facility was well designed (with keeping little people occupied) well thought out and executed.
in Rockville, MD |
I first meet Dr.Difazio, MD on 9/18/17. Very pleasant and child friendly. He greeted us and instantly made a connection with my daughter. Took his time while we were in the examination room doing his assessment and evaluation. The front desk staff was very friendly. The only negative is that there is some type of repairs being done at the entrance of their lobby/waiting area which made it noisy and clustered. Also the availability of appointments are too long of a wait.
Bethesda, MD |
Dr. DiFazio runs a tight ship. Most importantly he is a highly regarded Pediatric Neurologist and for good reason. It puts my mind at ease to know he's on our team! We were seen in a timely fashion with very little waiting. He goes above and beyond to provide patients with valuable, pertinent information about resources available to people with special needs. There are multiple ways to reach him or his office which makes communicating with them easier.
Upper Marlboro, MD |
Dr. Difazio is knowledgeable and caring. My son and I really felt comfortable and pleased with the level of service Dr. Difazio and his team provides.
in Silver Spring, MD |
Dr. DiFazio is very easy to work with. He has a great bedside manner and always remembers our child and family between visits. We are so thankful to have such a great medical professional on our daughter's team.
in College Park, MD |
He was more positive, than others doctors that I have seen about my health. He was good at explaining things to me, and asked me ignore I understood him. Even if he wasn't able to give a definitive answer, he was still able to help by prescribing medications that would help me.
in Rockville, MD |
Had a wonderful appointment today with Dr. DeFazio. He was prompt, courteous, and took his time talking to us and answering all our questions. I also have to commend his support staff. The administrative team and Nicki (the nurse) are awesome. Nicki was extremely helpful to me this summer when we needed to get short term Rx filled for my son who went away to two different summer programs.
in Germantown, MD |
Dr. Difazio was wonderful. He spent time listening to not only me but also my sons, one of whom is on the spectrum and has extreme anxiety talking to people. Dr. Difazio was great at relating to them and his answers were direct but not condescending. If I could give more stars I would!
in Germantown, MD |
Though it took a lot of work to get an appointment, Dr. Difazio met all of my expectations. He was thorough and answered my questions. He was great with my daughter and made her feel very at ease! The staff was great.
Silver Spring, MD |
Dr. Difazio was timely, interacted well with my son, and was patient when I had many questions
Washington, DC |
Very timely. Doesn't make you wait. Actively listens to your concerns and addresses any issues you have. He is an amazing doctor.
in Boonsboro, MD |
I really enjoyed meeting Dr. Difazio. He took his time with us and was very helpful. He was also very nice and caring and very good with my son. I would most definitely recommend Dr. Difazio to family and friends.
in Rockville, Maryland |
We were very pleased with our reception and the information he provided. He was very thorough and took the time to answer all of our complicated questions. We're returning in September with our son.
Potomac, MD |
We are glad to have found Dr. Difazio after we moved to Rockville area. I feel that my son receives all the attention and care that he needs.
Silver Spring, MD |
We were given a lot of information at the appointment concerning inconclusive symptoms. A recap at the end of the appointment would have been helpful; however, my questions were answered upon reviewing the visit summary in the patient portal. We appreciated everyone's kind, calm, and genuine demeanors.
in Middletown, MD |
We had a very good experience with Dr. Difazio. We were easily able to get an appointment with him. He was kind, easy to talk to and did a thorough examination of our baby. We were pleased with the facility and would recommend him to others. The only challenge we experienced was scheduling an appointment with a different Children's national doctor that he recommended we see.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Difazio was fantastic! He thoroughly examined my son, and entertained him as well! I was surprised to see that my son was actually having FUN during a visit to the neurologist. Everything about the office was positive - from the toys, to the staff and of course Dr. Difazio! I am so glad we were fortunate to get in on a last minute cancellation. While I hope to never have to return to see him (praying no problems for my son) if he does have a need for a neurologist we will for SURE go back.
Bethesda, MD |
very straightforward, clear, pragmatic, and a great experience compared to the other Neurologists we have encountered over our son's 8 years.
Washington, DC |
Great experience with Dr Difazio. Highly recommend him for anyone seeking help. GW
Frederick, MD |
I have been Dr. Difazio's patient for the past six years. I find him very easy to talk to and feel like he really listens to me. He addresses my concerns, and asks for my input.
in Hyattsville, MD |
Dr. Difazio is a great pediatric neurology, and I would recommend you to see him as a patient.
Bethesda, MD |
Dr. Difazio was great regarding our 8 month old son. He took time to explain everything to us and answered all of our questions without thinking we were crazy for asking about things we had seen online.
in Gaithersburg, MD |
Great doctor. Very patient and has a great sence of humor. Put my mind at ease!!!
Washington, DC |
I highly recommend Dr. Difazio. He took the time to ask questions, listen to our concerns and offered great options for treatment and care.
Gaithersburg, MD |
Dr. Difazio is extremelely knowledgable and professional. He is responsive to a parent's concerns and calm and comforting for children and adolescents. He is a terrific doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a pediatric neurologist.
Gaithersburg, MD |
Dr. Difazio was excellent, took his time with our daughter, and explained things clearly.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. Difazio was veey reassuring and provided explanations that was understandable.
in Rockville, MD |
Doctor Difazio was kind, attentive and very thorough. He answered each of my questions promptly and professionally and did not rush us through the process. I would definitely recommend him to friends and family. I felt so at ease leaving my son's appointment after meeting with him!
in Rockville, MD |
Dr. Difazio is everything anyone could want in a pediatric neurologist. He is excellent on all counts: communication, making you feel that he is totally focused on you, expertise, patience, kindness. You name it, he personifies what a caring, dedicated, personable doctor should be. The staff is excellent as well--making us feel welcome and always helpful and easy to reach. Keep up the good work. You have been great with my daughter and I will always be grateful for your care.
Silver Spring, MD |
I have to say even though I am giving Dr. Difazio an overall good review because he seems like a great doctor, I am extraordinarily disappointed with my experience at Children's; mainly due to cost. It took two months to get my daughter an appointment, which lasted no more than 20 minutes. With insurance already applied, I now owe them $400 for an office visit. I won't go there again unless absolutely necessary.
Gaithersburg, MD |
Dr. Difazio has provided excellent care for our child. He has provided a wealth of information about our child's condition and has patiently and respectfully answered our questions, concerns, and provided assurances that spoke to our fears over the course of treatment. We know our child is in excellent hands and would recommend Dr. Difazio without hesitation.
in Waldorf, MD |
Dr. Difazio is absolutely wonderful. He takes the time to get to know his patients, provide explanations and answer questions. He is always available and has great bedside manner!
Rockville, MD |
Caring, thorough, patient, and knowledgeable. I wish all doctors were like this!
in Rockville, MD |
We met Dr. Difazio for a follow up afternoon my toddler's seizure. My husband and I felt that Dr. Difazio reassured us on our daughter's health but was not flippant concerning her episode, which we truly appreciated. All of his staff in the Children's neurology department were kind and attentive, and made our 3 year old felt at ease!
in Silver Spring, MD |
Dr Difazio is a great doctor who came in very kind and patient while assessing my child, who was moving everywhere and touching everything. He also listened very well to my concerns and worked out a plan for my child's needs to adjust his social skills for the better. Thank you for all the help we received and the guidance.
in Gaithersburg MD |
My son has Autism and Epilepsy. Dr. Difazio is a great medical doctor, but he is also a great listener. He takes his time and truly cares for his patients.
Rockville, MD |
Dr. Difazio was very nice and explained things well. He was also open to questions and provided further explanations when necessary. Overall, my experience with Dr. Difazio was very positive.
in Potomac, MD |
Today was our first time meeting with Dr. Difazio, and we were truly very impressed by his manner. He was friendly and patient and took the time needed to understand my son's health issues. I especially appreciated how well he was able to clarify some of my son's medical issues for me. He seems very competent and knowledgable, and he seems to have a very good plan for us moving forward.
in Germantown, MD |
Dr. Difazio is a well inform and professional doctor that everyone need to have in their corner.
in Frederick, MD |
He's very easy to talk to and is extremely responsive to emails and messages. We always feel at ease as we talk through options for our daughter's care and we leave with a plan of action in place every time. The office temperature could be improved, however. It was stiflingly hot in the waiting/reception area but uncomfortably cold in the exam room.
in Gaithersburg, Md |
Great experience. He explained any concerns well. Put me at ease.
in Montgomery Village, MD |
He is very insightful of the family needs in the treatment of our child. He is comprehensive and humane.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Difazio was excellent with my 8 yr old. He spoke directly to him, not just about him, and made him feel like he was part of the conversation. He also took the time to make sure we understood the situation/diagnosis and gave some detailed advice for next steps. I would definitely recommend him.
in Rockville, MD |
I take my son, Eugene, who is autistic to see Dr. Difazio every 6 month for medication check-up. I am very satisfied with Dr. Difazio each visit. Dr. Difazio understands patients like Eugene and work with us to manage Eugene's medical issues. Eugene used to have seizures a couple of times each year. Dr. Difazio prescribed Keppra and closely observed his seizure occurrence. Eugene has not have a seizure for two years. Dr. Difazio also asks and listens Eugene's progress very carefully.
in Bethesda, MD |
Appointment to discuss concerns about our 3 year old. Dr. Difazio took his time to review his charts, listen to everything I wanted to convey, explain relevant information/diagnosis, and recommend whom else to see. Definitely would recommend seeing Dr. Difazio.
in Gaithersburg, MD |
He has been great and takes the time to explain all one needs to know about their child's care and future needs
in Gaithersburg, MD |
He has treated my children with epilepsy and autism for over ten years. They are complex cases and he always has the most up-to-date information, truly cares about their well being, and is always responsive. I could not ask for a better doctor for my children.
in Rockville, MD |
our experience with Dr. Difazio is good . My daughter suffers from mild autism and has partial seizure. Dr. Difazio did not jump immediately to medication unless he was sure that my daughter needs it. We keep our visit with Dr. Difazion to make sure that our decision regarding the type of medication was right. We highly recommend him to any body who seeks his specialty.
Have you seen Dr. Marc Difazio, MD?
Are you Dr. Difazio?

• Community Health Choice
  • CoreSource
  • Coventry Health Care of Delaware
    Coventry Health Care of Delaware PPO
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA