Dr. Marc P. Difazio, MD

Dr. Marc P. Difazio, MD

Pediatric Neurology | Male

Children`s National Medical Center 9850 Key West Ave Fl 4, Rockville, MD 20850 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

My highest priority is to maximize quality of life for patients and family members. To this end, I emphasize the...Read more

Dr. Difazio's Experience

93Experience
Match

See how Dr. Difazio's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Difazio

Dr. Difazio accepts 39 insurance carriers

39 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Difazio has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Difazio

Dr. Difazio's Review Details
3.9 based on 64 responses
Experience with Dr. Difazio
Dr. Difazio's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (58)
in Gaithersburg, MD |
What makes Dr. DiFazio an excellent pediatric neurologist is his genuine concern about my daughter. He asks questions not only about her health, but her lifestyle to ensure she has a good balance at home, school, and in extracurricular activities. He takes the time to express the importance of conditions, so that my daughter can understand. He also mentions teen topics to make her at ease and put a smile on her face; leaving a lasting impression that she is more than just another patient.
in Rockville, MD |
Extremely friendly, professional and genuine. When talking, you know he giving you an honest and knowledgeable diagnosis, while taking time to clarify for the patient's understanding. His care and patient manner is also exceptional.
in Washington, DC |
Dr. DiFazio came highly recommended by several friends, none of whom know one another and many of whom work in healthcare. He has a wonderful bedside manner, takes the time to explain his observations in layman's terms and follows up immediately on labs, referrals, etc. He also gave us multiple ways to contact him directly so as to avoid the hassle of automated systems, and that accessibility is something I very much appreciate! He's the best!!
Bethesda, MD |
Dr. Difazio is very thorough, yet also very welcoming. He listens intently to his patients and their family members.
in Lorton, VA |
1. Got an appointment on the next day after contacting the office for my cousin visiting us for the summer. 2. Took adequate time to listen and examine. 3. Explained the situation and made sure we understood. 4. Answered all our questions and concerns. 5. We left the office with clear understanding of the condition, and the next steps we need to take.
in Chevy Chase, MD |
Dr. Marc Difazio is a gentleman and a scholar! He is kind, compassionate exceedingly talented physician. He has an excellent bedside manner and truly cares about his patients He also has a wonderful sense of humor. His nurses are wonderful particularly Alia Fink.
Rockville, MD |
Dr. Difazio was amazing diagnosing my daughter. He gave her an appointment at the end of the day when she was declining and arranged for someone at the hospital to do a spinal tap. When we arrived at the hospital they were expecting us and did the test to diagnose her condition. He communicated with the doctor that did the test to learn of the result late in the day. He is accessible by email, explains very well, answers questions, and treats my daughter respectfully. He is an excellent doctor.
in Gaithersburg, MD |
I would recommend Dr. Difazio to family and friends if for nothing other than his promptness to appointment, thoroughness of discussions and his willingness to write and hand deliver his appointment notes. Regardless of practice area, all doctors could learn a thing or many from how to be on time for appointment which must stem from how he manages his practice, schedule and support staff.
Poolesville, MD |
I've been taking my son to see Dr. Difazio since early 2008. He always takes his time and talks with both my son and me. We have never felt rushed through an appointment. On the extremely rare occasion we have had to wait, Dr. Difazio has always apologized and never made us feel like he had to rush through our appointment so he could get back on schedule. We have complete confidence in Dr. Difazio. His bed side manner with both my son and me is impeccable.
in Frederick, MD |
Great experience with Dr. Difazio. He always takes all of the time needed to listen to anything that is going on with my son. And he takes the time to listen to what my son is telling him. The staff is also wonderful. They have been following my son for many years, and they talk to and encourage my son. One of the best Dr. experiences that I have, and there have been many.
in Olney, MD |
Amazing doctor and guy! Highly recommend him!!
in Rockville, MD |
We sought out Dr. Difazio after a recommendation by our sons Pediatrician; our son had an early diagnosis of ADHD and Tourettes and many of the associated significant issues. We had to wait several months to get a new patient appointment but my wife and I agree that working with him was one of the best decisions we've ever made for our son. Dr. Difazio works from the point of view of medical expert, parent and patient himself-cannot recommend him highly enough. His staff is also outstanding.
in Bethesda, MD |
Dr. DiFazio cares - he knows my kid and me. He asks how we are both doing. He takes an interest in our family well being. He shares personal experiences. He is thoughtful.
in Silver Spring, MD |
I very much liked that Dr. Difazio began the visit by talking to my son directly for information before he asking me, as the parent.He was very thorough in his explanation to my son and made sure that we both had a chance to ask questions. I also appreciated that he made recommendations based on an integrated perspective looking at both physical and behavioral health factors, which made me feel that he really listened and took into account everything that we told him in a short amount of time.
in bethesda, MD |
Dr. Difazio was able to get us on his calendar for an urgent consult after my daughter sustained a concussion. He was thorough in his review of her case, engaged well with her and me, and has a wealth of current knowledge about the new treatment protocols for concussion treatment - which indicates that prolonged rest is not necessarily the right answer. I was very impressed and grateful. His staff were courteous and there was almost no wait time - what more could one want!
in Monrovia, MD |
Dr. Difazio is knowledgeable and caring. He takes the time to listen to his patients. He has been able to help alleviate my daughters headaches when years of going to another neurologist did nothing. The whole team is kind and caring. I highly recommend Dr. Difazio.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Difazio was very respectful and reassuring. We went over our options and decided on a med where it sadly went bad. Me and my dad were told I was going to be given a small dose of meds that would simply help with my pain and help me go to sleep. My dad and I made it clear that I did not want anything with major mood changing or addictive properties. And yet I was given a note when I got the medication that it was a anti-depressant and could cause depression and suicidal thoughts.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Difazio is great with both the patient and the parent - professional yet personable. Provides a lot of information and eases any fears or concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Difazio.
in Frederick, MD |
Made us feel comfortable and understood during our initial visit. Very competent doctor with excellent bedside manner.
in Olney, MD |
I have passed on Dr. Difazio's name to a co-worker who's child was experiencing issues and the parent was in search of an excellent Neurologist at Children's
in Silver Spring, MD |
I met him twice for my daughter appointment. He was really patient with children and took his time to listen to parent and kids, and not rushing us, like most of other doctor. If you are looking for a good neurologist doctor, he is the one to chose for.
in Potomac, MD |
Dr. Difazio is one of the most caring and best doctors I have been too. He is comfortable with a collaborative treatment approach and listens to my feedback and is willing to try new approaches to help solve problems. He was kind enough to take me on as an adult patient and has helped me immensely. I would highly recommend him.
in Clarksburg, MD |
Dr. DiFazio is an acquired taste, was not too fond of him after our first appointment as he came off very rigid...the second one he was fabulous. My son has epilepsy and needs accommodations from the school which Dr. D needs to sign off on. I really appreciated his willingness to work with me on making sure our son gets all accommodations we feel are necessary for the upcoming school year. He is also very responsive via email which is golden with you have a child with any medical condition.
in College Park, MD |
Our son was diagnosed with Staring Spells and was referred to Dr. Difazio. The doctor made our son, Leo, feel so at ease while also giving us all the information we needed to not only walk away satisfied with his care, but trusting in what the overall plan was for our son down the road.
in Mount Airy, MD |
The visit was a follow up for my son's concussion. Dr. Difazio was very clear in explaining what was going on and did a nice job of communicating with my son and allowing him to ask questions. He examined him and was not alarmist about the concussion.
in Ashton MD |
Dr. Difazio and his staff are great. We would highly recommend them to others!
in Gaithersburg, MD |
We would highly recommend Dr. Difazio! Our experiences were all very pleasant. Deep consideration was not only given to the diagnosis of my son's complex learning disability, but also to his overall health and happiness. The Rx intervention was a bit of a trial & error process, as is often the case. Dr. Difazio showed compassion for the side effects experienced and maintained consistent follow through which ultimately led to the right Rx for my son. We have had excellent care!!!
in Germantown, MD |
Dr. Difazio's office was efficient with minimal wait times, in fact, the shortest wait time in an office ever. Dr. Difazio was friendly, efficient, and took time to ensure I completely understood the course of treatment, desired outcomes, and next steps. Highly recommend Dr. Difazio!
in Rockville, MD |
Dr. Difazio is a very knowledgeable and responsible care doctor. I visited a few other specialists and Dr. Difazio is the most helpful doctor.
in Silver Spring |
I like the way he was talking to my son,asking him questions, listening to him and taking to him in general. He is a best Pedeatric.
in Clarksburg, MD |
Dr. Difazio was relaxed and had a great, friendly disposition. He spoke to my son directly, which I appreciated very much. He spent ample time with us for questions and answers. I would highly recommend Dr. Difazio to anyone requiring a pediatric neurologist.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. DiFazio is a caring Neurologist who is patient and compassionate. My daughter can have some challenging behaviors and he is extremely non-judgmental.
in Bethesda, MD |
Dr. DiFazio is very caring neurologist who takes the time to listen to my questions and concerns. He is very proactive in meeting the needs of my daughter. Most of all, he respects my input and is open to suggestions or feedback. I believe he views the treatment of my daughter as a team effort and wants the best for her.
Zero compassion or care about side effects of medicine. Lacks nuance with the treatment of mild and sporadic seizure disorders, but seems to be able to treat severe epilepsy in young children.
Have you seen Dr. Marc P. Difazio, MD?
Are you Dr. Marc P. Difazio, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Difazio

• Pediatrics

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Spine
  • Ataxia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Insomnia
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Migraine, Hormone-Induced
  • Movement Disorders
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myoclonus
  • Nerve Diseases
  • Nerve Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Neuropathy, Motor and Sensory
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Oppositional Defiant Disorder

• Botox® Injection
  • Chemodenervation
  • Chronic Pain Management
  • EEG (Electroencephalogram)

No malpractice history found for Maryland.

Loyola University Of Chicago/Stritch School Of Medicine

• Army Commendation Medal, 1996
    • Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 1991
    • The little Neurotoxin that Could, 4/21/2003
    • Biotinidase deficiency, 2006
    • Fibromuscular Dysplasia in a six-year-old Child: a Rare Cause of Childhood Stroke, 8/00
    • Paroxysmal Tonic Upgaze and Partial Tetrasomy of Chromosome 15: A Novel Genetic Association, 2005
    • Aicardi Syndrome, 2006
    • Early Diagnosis of Spinal Cord Arteriovenous Malformations, 1994
    • Acute Onset of Myoclonus After Group A Beta-hemolytic Streptococcal Infection, 1998
    • Acute Onset of Myoclonus after Group A Beta Hemolytic Streptococcal Infection: A PANDAS Variant., 10/98
    • The Utility of SPECT Scanning in a Neonate with Hypothalamic Hamartoma and Gelastic Seizures, 7/00
    • Basal Ganglia Injury as a Complication of the Ketogenic Diet, 2002
    • A Focused Review of Treatment with Botulinum Toxins for Low Back Pain, 2003
    • Botulinum toxin A improved burning pain and allodynia in two patients with spinal cord pathology, 2003
    • Visual disturbance associated with postoperative cerebellar mutism, 2005
    • Ectodermal Dysplasia and Brain Cystic Changes, 7/02
    • Index of Suspicion: Case 3, Infantile Pseudotumor Cerebri, 7/01
    • Orofacial Automatisms Induced by Acute Withdrawal From High-Dose Midazolam Mimicking Nonconvulsive Status Epilepticus in a Child, 2003
    • Visual disturbance associated with postoperative cerebellar mutism, 2005
    • A Rare Interstitial Deletion (2)(p11.2p13) In a Child With Pericentric Inversion of Paternal Origin, 1999
    • Aicardi Syndrome, 2006
    • Molecularly defined Interstitial Tandem Duplication 6p Case with Mild Manifeestations, 2001

Dr. Difazio does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Difazio and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Difazio's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Pediatric Neurology
  • Board certified in Neurology, Neurology with Special Qualification in Child Neurology and Pediatrics
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Difazio

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Difazio's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Difazio

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Difazio's Care Philosophy

My highest priority is to maximize quality of life for patients and family members. To this end, I emphasize the need for facilitating communication with families, and mandating that patients take responsibility for their health and care plan.   compliance with tough initiatives like exercise, weight loss, and non-medical treatments to complement a medical intervention are critical for the success of medical management.   I  am committed to patient safety, and am part of the CNHS Ambulatory Electronic Health Record implementation.