Dr. Marc Carruth, MD

DermatologyMaleAge 55

Dermatology

Dr. Marc Carruth, MD is a Dermatologist in Charlotte, NC and has over 29 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Carruth has extensive experience in Mohs Surgery and Skin Cancer & Excision. He graduated from Duke University School Of Medicine in 1993. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Marc Carruth, MD

Carolina Skin Surgery Center

2615 E 7th St Charlotte, NC 28204

Compare with other Dermatologists

Compare Dr. Carruth with our nearby Dermatologists at Novant Health.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Novant Health.

Dr. Carruth's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Carruth

Highly recommend
I interviewed a total of 4 Mohs surgeons and am very grateful that Dr Carruth took care of me. His consult was informative and reassuring. His staff and office are patient centered with great communication and coordination. There was minimal waiting time for path reads between excisions which to me indicated that while he waits for the path and works on other patients he didn't keep me sitting there longer than necessary to find out if we were done or needed to excise more. I felt he took great care to excise the cancer and spare healthy tissue.. Highly recommend
Shannon k Newell – May 02, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Carruth, MD?
If I could give 10 stars, I would! I absolutely recommend Dr. Carruth to anyone needing Mohs Surgery or other skin surgery. His calm bedside manner and thorough explanation of the procedure made the surgery experience a positive one. His entire staff is supportive and caring from the minute you walk in the door. The facility is comfortable, clean, and welcoming. I have complete confidence in Dr. Carruth and feel very lucky to have him and his staff in my corner for any skin surgery needed. Hopefully, I will not have skin cancer surgeries again, but if I do Dr. Carruth will be my surgeon! He is an exceptional doctor.
Jun 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Carruth, MD?
I definitely can recommend Dr. Carruth and his staff. During my recent visits to his office (Nov. and Dec. 2020 for skin surgery all the persons I have met were professional and polite. The surgery itself went without any issues. The technique used for treating and closing the wound is fantastic.
Rainer Kaiser – Jan 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Carruth, MD?
Office personnel and staff were very friendly and helpful. What really impressed me were 1. They took the time to explain what they were doing and why 2. They were very nice and polite to each other and it didn't seem fake. All around a very pleasant experience considering it was a cancer removal on my face.
Katherine D Harveston – Mar 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Carruth, MD?
Dr. Carruth and his staff are a rare combination that deliver total patient care. Not only was Dr. Carruth extremely proficient in performing a surgery that had aesthetic implications, but he and his staff also demonstrated a level of care that I rarely see as a patient today. He and his staff initially explained the procedure in detail, adeptly answered any questions, and most impressively followed-up by phone AND through written correspondence. I have also healed without incident much more quickly than my medical history often allows me to, likely due to the clear and explicit post-surgery instructions. I certainly hope to be able to avoid surgery of this type in the future, but if I do, Carolina Skin Surgery Center is where I would choose to go.
Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Carruth, MD?
Dr. Carruth is one of the best doctors I’ve ever seen. I was very apprehensive about my procedure and he took great care in explaining it and listening to my concerns. His staff was also friendly and took great care of me. I’m 2 weeks post op and everything is healing nicely. I feel very fortunate that my dermatologist referred me to him for mohs surgery.
Jan 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Carruth, MD?
Dr. Carruth was super flexible with appointments and really cared about how I was feeling about my treatment plan. He made sure I always had a future appointment set until my healing process was done. Wonderful wonderful doctor.
Isabella Perron – Dec 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Carruth, MD?
Dr. Carruth and his staff were amazing. They thoroughly explained the procedure and patiently answered all of my questions. They treated me as if I was the only patient they were seeing the entire day despite a busy, packed schedule. Dr. Carruth followed up with a hand written note. In addition, I called the office post surgery to ask a question about recovery and they immediately addressed my questions and made time to see me right away to ensure my recovery was going as planned. I can not say enough about what a positive experience I had at their office.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Catherine Walsh – Nov 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Carruth, MD?
Excellent experience with Dr. Carruth. Took all the time needed to answer any questions, and explain the procedure thoroughly. This greatly reduced my anxiety knowing exactly what to expect. I felt he was truly a caring and compassionate health care provider.
Joel K – Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Carruth, MD?
Great doctor. Communicates well with soft and caring demeanor. Thorough explanation of how he planned to perform the surgery including options depending on what he found during the actual procedure. He even sent a personalized card after the surgery thanking me for placing my trust in he and his staff and reminding me to contact him if if any problem surface or if I have any questions…..first doctor that I’ve ever seen do such a nice gesture. Staff very friendly, accommodating and caring. Facility is clean with convenient parking. Will certainly see him again if the need arises.
Sep 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Carruth, MD?
Dr. Carruth conducted my Mohs surgery. He and his staff are professional and they are very good communicators. The follow-up was also excellent. My best experience with Dr.'s and any surgical procedure!
May 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Carruth, MD?
The best of the best. My hats off to a great M.D.
T Highstone in Monroe, NC – Mar 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Carruth, MD?
Very Happy with moh's surgery performed by Dr. Carruth. Amazing staff very professional! Crystal R
May 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Carruth, MD?
Communicates extremely well through the whole process. Entire staff friendly and efficient.
Karen in Charlotte, NC – Aug 19, 2016
Excellent Physician
Marilyn Moran in Charlotte, NC – Apr 29, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marc Carruth, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Carruth?

• Dermatology

Emory Univ Sch Of Med, Dermatology Brigham & Women'S Hosp, Internal Medicine
1993
Duke University School Of Medicine

Is Dr. Marc Carruth, MD accepting new patients?

Dr. Marc Carruth, MD generally accepts new patients on Healthgrades. You can see Dr. Carruth's profile to make an appointment.

Does Dr. Marc Carruth, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Carruth accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Marc Carruth, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Carruth frequently treats Mohs Surgery and Skin Cancer & Excision. See all practice areas where Dr. Carruth specializes.

Where is Dr. Marc Carruth, MD's office located?

Dr. Carruth's office is located at 2615 E 7th St, Charlotte, NC 28204. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Marc Carruth, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Carruth has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Marc Carruth, MD?

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Frequently Treated by Dr. Carruth

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Carruth treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Carruth treats other conditions, please contact the office at (704) 295-0000.

Mohs Surgery

Mohs surgery is a procedure that treats some types of skin cancer by removing a precise amount of tissue in order to remove cancer cells while sparing as much healthy tissue as possible.Compare with other Mohs Surgery specialists.

Dr. Carruth is experienced in the area of Mohs Surgery. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 2 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Similar Providers
Excision, Shaving, or Destruction of Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue (incl. Mohs Micrographic Surgery), Tissue Transfer
Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery
Mohs Surgery
Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
Normal
High
Very High

Skin Cancer & Excision

Oncologists diagnose and treat cancers of the skin, including melanoma, basal cell carcinoma, and squamous cell carcinoma.Compare with other Skin Cancer & Excision specialists.

Dr. Carruth is experienced in the area of Skin Cancer & Excision. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 16 conditions and procedures

• Melanoma Screening
  • Mohs Defect Reconstruction Surgery
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Mole Evaluation
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Rosacea
  • Seborrheic Keratosis
  • Skin Discoloration
  • Squamous Cell Carcinoma

Dr. Carruth accepts

Dr. Carruth accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
PacifiCare

Carolina Skin Surgery Center

Carolina Skin Surgery Center PA2615 E 7th St Charlotte, NC 28204

Compare with other Dermatologists

Compare Dr. Carruth with our nearby Dermatologists at Novant Health.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Novant Health.