Dr. Manuela Almaguer, MD

Dr. Manuela Almaguer, MD

Pediatric Endocrinology  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Manuela Almaguer, MD is a pediatric endocrinology specialist in Miramar, FL and has been practicing for 35 years. She specializes in pediatric endocrinology and pediatrics.Read her story

Memorial Division of Pediatric Endocrinology

1951 SW 172nd Ave Ste 204

Miramar, FL 33029

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Memorial Healthcare System
  • Molina Healthcare
  • WellCare

Learn about Dr. Almaguer

See how frequently Dr. Almaguer performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Diabetes Type 1

Dr. Almaguer's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Almaguer's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Almaguer "I am an endocrinologist at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital. I care for children with a variety of endocrine disorders including diabetes, growth retardation, congenital anomalies related to the thyroid and pituitary glands, glucose sugar metabolism issues, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, early puberty and adrenal issues. I always knew I wanted to work with children and became fascinated with endocrinology at an early age. I became hooked when I first read about the pituitary gland and how hormones and glucose can impact children. For me, helping children is not my job; it's my mission in life. Long after I retire, I plan to continue to volunteer my time to help kids in need. I treat all of my patients as if they were my own children. I believe many people can earn a medical degree and attain knowledge, but in medicine, you should use both your heart and your brain. At Memorial, our physicians work together to provide comprehensive care for our patients. This is especially helpful for those who have complicated medical histories or several medical complications. We are also home to the Diabetes Center at Memorial Regional Hospital / Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital, where patients can get care from a multidisciplinary team of nurses and nutritionists who are certified diabetes educators. In addition to caring for patients, I love to teach. I am looking forward to motivating the residents in Joe DiMaggio's new Pediatric Residency program. I am very proud to be part of the Joe DiMaggio family. It is a great place to work and is becoming a great place for the next generation of pediatricians to gain experience, medical knowledge and have an opportunity to enrich our community."

• Pediatric Endocrinology
  • Pediatrics

• Pediatric Endocrinology
    Accredited by: American Board of Pediatrics*
  • Pediatrics
    Accredited by: American Board of Pediatrics*

• Abnormal Thyroid
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Hyposmolality and Hyponatremia
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Overweight

Medical School | Graduated 1983
  • Flushing Hospital Med Center
  • Montefiore Med Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Almaguer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Almaguer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Almaguer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Almaguer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Almaguer to family and friends

Dr. Almaguer's Performance

Dr Almaguer has been our daughters doctor since she was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 6. She is now 16 so we have been with this practice 10 years. She is an amazing doctor.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
She is very personable and thorough. Will surely miss her when my daughter transition to the adult doctors in a Few months. Excellent care.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option2thumbs down icon option0
Are you Dr. Almaguer?

More Pediatric Endocrinology Specialists like Dr. Almaguer at Memorial Division of Pediatric Endocrinology