Dr. Manuel Alvarez, MD

Dr. Manuel Alvarez, MD

Maternal-Fetal Medicine  |

Dr. Manuel Alvarez, MD is a maternal-fetal medicine doctor who practices in Hackensack, NJ. He is 60 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Alvarez is affiliated with Hackensack University Medical Center.

R & R Perinatal Assoc. Inc.

20 Prospect Ave Ste 601

Hackensack, NJ 07601

• Amerihealth
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health
  • Health Net
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Alvarez

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.

Dr. Alvarez's Experience

Dr. Alvarez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
  • Board certified in Maternal & Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Maternal-Fetal Medicine

• Maternal & Fetal Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*
  • Obstetrics & Gynecology
    Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood Disorders in Pregnancy
  • Breech Position
  • Cervicitis
  • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Ectopic Pregnancy
  • Encounters for Normal Pregnancies
  • Endometriosis
  • Female Infertility
  • Genitourinary Tract Infections in Pregnancy
  • Gestational Diabetes
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Heart Disease
  • Lupus
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Maternal Hypotension Syndrome
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease

• Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Sympathectomy
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Universidad Central del Este
  • St. Joseph's Hospital & Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981
  • Mount Sinai Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Alvarez has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Alvarez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alvarez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Hackensack University Medical Center

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alvarez to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Alvarez's Performance
Bayonne, NJ |
I'd almost given up, but thanks to a friend's recommendation I found myself in the care of the best obstetrician ever! Due to health issues I was deemed a high risk case and surprisingly I found myself pregnant but could not find any doctors who would take me on as their patient, until I went to see Dr. Alvarez. My baby is now three months and we are both doing just fine. I've been meaning to review Dr. Manny for a while, but being a new mom keeps me very busy. Thank you Dr. Manny!
in Newark, NJ |
I was referred to Dr. Manny Alvarez by another Obgyn doctor who felt my situation was too complicated for her to handle. Best referal EVER!!! I was pregnant with twins and had multiple issues. Dr. Manny and his team took care of me and today, i am a proud mom of about to be 6 month old twins. Dr. Manny sincerely and genuinely cares for his patients. He is also very knowledgeable and lays the true situation out for you to understand in layman terms( which i very much appreciate).
in North Bergen, NJ |
Doctor Alvarez is the most amazing doctor that I have ever met. He is kind hearted, so knowledgeable, and always tells it how it is. After 5 miscarriages, he was the only doctor who was able to figure out immediately what my problem was and how to fix it (I now have my miracle baby boy). His nurse practitioner is also one of the smartest people that I have had the pleasure of knowing. The whole staff is great and it is so easy to make an appointment. I will be grateful to all of them forever
in Oradell, NJ |
Dr. Alvarez is an amazing doctor! He was the best choice I could have made for my pregnancy and childbirth experience. His staff is courteous and professional and he was very thorough and honest with me throughout my pregnancy. I would refer any one of my friends or family to go see him for a happy, healthy pregnancy!
in Maywood, NJ |
After searching for quite sometime, I was referred to Dr. Alvarez by a friend. Best decision I have ever made. I am finally a mom of two beautiful kids, barely 11 months apart. I had such a successful first pregnancy, I could wait to have another one. His lovely staff was very supportive,mcompassionate and knowledgeable. Tough love works in this office!
in Hoboken, NJ |
Dr. Alvarez & team delivered our two beautiful baby girls over the past 2 years. After a wonderful 1st experience, there was no question where we could go when expecting #2. My second pregnancy hit a number of bumps in the road but he and his team helped us through each one. He clearly and directly communicates any potential issue and plan to manage. His team in the office is very friendly, caring & supportive. Their care is extraordinarily comprehensive to ensure a safe & healthy delivery.
in Haledon, NJ |
Dr Alvarez is never available. All the appointments have been with technicians, so that's disappointing- but this review is MAINLY for the poor service that the office at 20 prospect ave on the 6th floor offers. 90% of the staff there is incompetent, and rude.
in West New York, NJ |
My wife saw Dr Alvarez during her pregnancy and he was the best! He took amazing care of her and provided excellent care. He is an exceptional physician! He is truly a gift for gynecology/pregnancy medicine. His extensive knowledge is evident in each visit where he thoroughly explains everything. Furthermore, he is kind, compassionate, patient and has a heart of gold. I highly recommend Dr Alvarez to everyone!!
in West New York, NJ |
Dr Alvarez is an amazing doctor!!! He provided me the care that I needed that went beyond my expectations. I have never met a Doctor that was so concerned with his patients and followed up with everything! Dr Alvarez is beyond knowledgable. After I delivered I had some difficulties with an infection and he and his team of doctors and nurses were absolutely wonderful taking care of me... I felt truly blessed to have him as my OBGYN for my pregnancy! I highly recommend Dr. Alvarez!!!
in Montclair, NJ |
Don't waste your time?this doctor was too busy to see me when he admitted me into the hospital?my fibroid wasn't important enough'''. He's only a TV Doctor and not really interested in examining patients. In the 7-8 months I was his patient?he never once touched or examined me?????
in Hasbrouck Heights |
I cannot say enough about the wonderful pregnancy and birth I had in the care of Dr. Alvarez and his entire staff. After 3 previous miscarriages I spontaneously became pregnant with mono-Di twins. Needless to say I was determined to have a healthy pregnancy and delivery. The sonographers always made me feel comfortable at each biweekly ultrasound. The staff was very warm and professional. All my questions were answered and Dr. Alvarez spent as much time as needed with me and my husband.
in Hackensack, NJ |
After experiencing a pregnancy loss at 37 weeks I was nervous when choosing another doctor for my 2nd pregnancy. Dr. Alvarez and staff provided me with outstanding care throughout my entire pregnancy. He spent ample time with me all during visits, explained treatment options clearly, and took every precaution to ensure a healthy pregnancy resulting in a wonderful birthing experience at Hackensack hospital and a beautiful, healthy baby. I highly recommend Dr. Alvarez and will be forever grateful.
in Jersey City, NJ |
Dr. Manny Alvarez is my miracle Doctor! Before I met him I thought having a child just wasn't in the cards for me. After my 1st consult with him I knew he had the expertise and knowledge that we needed. He took the time to learn about my past losses and to advise exactly what I needed to have a healthy pregnancy with a happy ending under his care. He monitored me vey closely and provided me with the comfort and confidence I needed. He made our dreams come true & now have a healthy baby girl!
in Woodbridge, New Jersey |
I love Dr. Alvarez!! So greatful that he was able to deliver my 4th child via c-section. I was considered a high risk pregnancy because it was a fourth c-section and I had a history of eclampsia. He is very detailed with your history, testing, blood work, and ultrasounds... You name it and he does it. Any questions or concerns he takes the time to explain it to you in depth. I felt really confident and at ease that my baby and I would be safe. Thank you Dr. Alvarez and your wonderful staff.
in New York, NY |
I gave birth to a healthy baby boy because of the skill and faith of Dr. Alvarez. I was suffering liver failure and other doctors had given up hope of saving my unborn son or said I should abort because he'd be brain damaged and disfigured. Dr. Alvarez didn't give up. Although small at birth, that perfectly formed son is now in an Ivy league school and playing football.
in Montvale, NJ |
Dr Manny saved my life! He is the best OB around by far. With all of my health ailments I am super high risk, and never once did I feel unsure or scared with Dr.Manny! He makes sure to get every single detail straight and has a game plan from day one with each patient. His staff is also equally amazing! They make you feel like family. Are always helpful and extremely accommodating! I will continue to recommend future mommies to this amazing practice
Have you seen Dr. Manuel Alvarez, MD?
Are you Dr. Alvarez?

Visit Dr. Alvarez

Dr. Alvarez accepts 13 insurance carriers
    Aetna PPO
  • Amerihealth
    Amerihealth HMO
    Amerihealth PPO
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health