Dr. Manuel Alvarez, MD

Dr. Manuel Alvarez, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Male | 59 years old

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a person.Read more

R & R Perinatal Assoc. Inc.

2014 Five Star Recipient for Maternity Care

View Ratings

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Alvarez's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Alvarez's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Alvarez

Dr. Alvarez accepts 13 insurance carriers

13 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Alvarez has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Alvarez

Dr. Alvarez's Review Details
4.4 based on 38 responses
Experience with Dr. Alvarez
Dr. Alvarez's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (37)
in Haledon, NJ |
Dr Alvarez is never available. All the appointments have been with technicians, so that's disappointing- but this review is MAINLY for the poor service that the office at 20 prospect ave on the 6th floor offers. 90% of the staff there is incompetent, and rude.
in West New York, NJ |
My wife saw Dr Alvarez during her pregnancy and he was the best! He took amazing care of her and provided excellent care. He is an exceptional physician! He is truly a gift for gynecology/pregnancy medicine. His extensive knowledge is evident in each visit where he thoroughly explains everything. Furthermore, he is kind, compassionate, patient and has a heart of gold. I highly recommend Dr Alvarez to everyone!!
in West New York, NJ |
Dr Alvarez is an amazing doctor!!! He provided me the care that I needed that went beyond my expectations. I have never met a Doctor that was so concerned with his patients and followed up with everything! Dr Alvarez is beyond knowledgable. After I delivered I had some difficulties with an infection and he and his team of doctors and nurses were absolutely wonderful taking care of me... I felt truly blessed to have him as my OBGYN for my pregnancy! I highly recommend Dr. Alvarez!!!
in Montclair, NJ |
Don't waste your time?this doctor was too busy to see me when he admitted me into the hospital?my fibroid wasn't important enough'''. He's only a TV Doctor and not really interested in examining patients. In the 7-8 months I was his patient?he never once touched or examined me?????
in Hasbrouck Heights |
I cannot say enough about the wonderful pregnancy and birth I had in the care of Dr. Alvarez and his entire staff. After 3 previous miscarriages I spontaneously became pregnant with mono-Di twins. Needless to say I was determined to have a healthy pregnancy and delivery. The sonographers always made me feel comfortable at each biweekly ultrasound. The staff was very warm and professional. All my questions were answered and Dr. Alvarez spent as much time as needed with me and my husband.
in Hackensack, NJ |
After experiencing a pregnancy loss at 37 weeks I was nervous when choosing another doctor for my 2nd pregnancy. Dr. Alvarez and staff provided me with outstanding care throughout my entire pregnancy. He spent ample time with me all during visits, explained treatment options clearly, and took every precaution to ensure a healthy pregnancy resulting in a wonderful birthing experience at Hackensack hospital and a beautiful, healthy baby. I highly recommend Dr. Alvarez and will be forever grateful.
in Jersey City, NJ |
Dr. Manny Alvarez is my miracle Doctor! Before I met him I thought having a child just wasn't in the cards for me. After my 1st consult with him I knew he had the expertise and knowledge that we needed. He took the time to learn about my past losses and to advise exactly what I needed to have a healthy pregnancy with a happy ending under his care. He monitored me vey closely and provided me with the comfort and confidence I needed. He made our dreams come true & now have a healthy baby girl!
in Woodbridge, New Jersey |
I love Dr. Alvarez!! So greatful that he was able to deliver my 4th child via c-section. I was considered a high risk pregnancy because it was a fourth c-section and I had a history of eclampsia. He is very detailed with your history, testing, blood work, and ultrasounds... You name it and he does it. Any questions or concerns he takes the time to explain it to you in depth. I felt really confident and at ease that my baby and I would be safe. Thank you Dr. Alvarez and your wonderful staff.
in New York, NY |
I gave birth to a healthy baby boy because of the skill and faith of Dr. Alvarez. I was suffering liver failure and other doctors had given up hope of saving my unborn son or said I should abort because he'd be brain damaged and disfigured. Dr. Alvarez didn't give up. Although small at birth, that perfectly formed son is now in an Ivy league school and playing football.
in Montvale, NJ |
Dr Manny saved my life! He is the best OB around by far. With all of my health ailments I am super high risk, and never once did I feel unsure or scared with Dr.Manny! He makes sure to get every single detail straight and has a game plan from day one with each patient. His staff is also equally amazing! They make you feel like family. Are always helpful and extremely accommodating! I will continue to recommend future mommies to this amazing practice
Have you seen Dr. Manuel Alvarez, MD?
Are you Dr. Manuel Alvarez, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Maternal-Fetal Medicine

Why It Matters: Dr. Alvarez's Board Certifications

• Maternal & Fetal Medicine
  • Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Abdominal Disorders
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Blood Disorders
  • Blood Disorders in Pregnancy
  • Breech Position
  • Cervicitis
  • Coagulation Defects in Pregnancy and Postpartum
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Heart Disease
  • Hemorrhage from Placenta Previa
  • Hemorrhoids
  • High Risk Pregnancy
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hypercoagulable State
  • Hypertension Complicating Pregnancy, Childbirth and Postpartum
  • Intrauterine Growth Restriction
  • Low Back Pain During Pregnancy
  • Lupus
  • Mastodynia
  • Maternal Anemia
  • Maternal Hypotension Syndrome
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregestational Diabetes Mellitus
  • Pregnancy-Related Disorders
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sickle Cell Disease

• Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Myomectomy - Open and-or Laparoscopic
  • Sympathectomy
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC)
  • Vaginal Delivery and VBAC

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Universidad Central del Este

St. Joseph's Hospital & Medical Center

Completed in 1981

Mount Sinai Medical Center

Completed in 1989

Dr. Alvarez has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Alvarez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alvarez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Alvarez's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Board certified in Maternal & Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics & Gynecology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Alvarez

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Alvarez's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Alvarez

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Alvarez's Care Philosophy