Dr. Manuel Abella, MD

Dr. Manuel Abella, MD

Cardiology  |

Dr. Manuel Abella, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Miami, FL. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 34 years. Read his story

Abella Heart

8200 SW 117th Ave Ste 414

Miami, FL 33183

• AvMed
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • EmblemHealth
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Medica
  • Molina Healthcare
  • Preferred Care Partners

Learn about Dr. Abella

See how frequently Dr. Abella performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Venous Insufficiency
Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
Pulmonary Hypertension

Dr. Abella's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Abella's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Abella "Manuel E. Abella, MD, FACC, FCCP Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease Dr. Manuel Abella is a well-known cardiologist who has been practicing in our community for over 23 years. He completed his post-graduate training at Wayne State Affiliated Hospitals in Detroit, Michigan. In addition, he completed a fellowship in Interventional Cardiology. Dr. Abella is a Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine and the Subspecialty Board of Cardiovascular Diseases. He has held several staff positions including Chief of Cardiology, Chief of Cardiac Cath Lab, and Chief of Critical Care. He also served on the Medical Executive Committee. Dr. Abella is an Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine and clinical preceptor for the Nurse Practitioner program at the Nicole Wertheim College of Nursing and Health Sciences at Florida International University. He also serves as a mentor at the medical school and as a member of the admissions interview panel. "America's Top Phyicians" in Cardiology 2003 Edition Mount Carmel Mercy Hospital – Best PGYI Resident of 1984-85 Selected as The Best Doctors in America in 2009 -2010 Strathmore's Who's Who Honors – Lifetime Member Trademark Who's Who Top Doctors Honors Edition 2014 Internist Miami 2014 Award "

This content was provided by Dr. Abella "It is our commitment to serve the South Florida community with the most cutting edge techniques and technology, including minimally invasive options, to help meet the needs of our diverse patient population. Vein procedures including Vein Ablation, Phlebectomy, Sclerotherapy, and more."

• Cardiology
  • Interventional Cardiology
  • Vascular Surgery

• Cardiovascular Disease
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Aneurysm
  • Cardiomegaly
  • Cardiomyopathy
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Coarctation of the Aorta
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Arterial Dissection
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Pulmonary Edema
  • Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Pulmonary Valve Disease
  • Renal Artery Arteriosclerotic Disease
  • Septal Defect
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease
  • Varicose Veins
  • Venous Compression
  • Venous Insufficiency

• Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Carotid Ultrasound
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Echocardiography

Medical School | Graduated 1983
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1984
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1987
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Abella has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Abella does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abella and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Kendall Regional Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Abella is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Abella's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abella to family and friends
3.4
Dr. Abella's Performance
Miami, fl |
I came in he’s office for 5 times and every time I need to pay $10.00 ( copay). Nasty.... I never see Dr. Abella, only nurce and still copay.
Miami, FL |
Dr. Abella is the best doctor, he is very professional and the staff are excellent. I recommend this Doctor.
Miami, FL |
Great doctor, nurse practioner and staff. Highly recommend
Miami, FL |
Excellent physician! Very good bedside manners. He was very caring and concerned regarding my health. In addition, his Nurse Practitioner who works with his is also very good. Dr. Abella treats you like family! I have recommended all my friends and family with Dr. Abella!
Miami, FL |
Horribly rude staff. You only see nurse. Doctor not available. Stay away.
in Miami, FL |
He is a money Hungry Docter. Beware you make an appointment , regarding cardiology. Your first visit he will look for vein issues. So you pay the Insurance Co pay, bill the Insurance for that office visit and diagnostic. They you have to reschedule again, and pay him again. Nasty attitude, arrogant. No respect for his employee, he scream and down grade them. nice office lost of gadget . But patient talk on the Cell like if they are in a Park. No Human respect or compassion. from the staff.
Miami, FL |
A very arrogant and rude Doctor ... The worst I have ever seen!! I overheard his comments about us to the receptionist and we left his Office to never return again!! We got to know what he really thinks of his patients and let me tell you he is not a caring and understanding Doctor at all!!!
Miami, FL |
DOES NOT CARE FOR HIS PATIENT. Was in the office for an Appointment, as usual alway behind on schedule. Was feeling very ill while waiting to be called. I mention to the receptionist They just look at me with a blank face.. after various attempt Was told the nurse will attend me. Well she never came to see what was wrong. I had to leave without being attended. reschedule when I came back I was told I was not an Active Patient. DR. Abella gave order to disactivate me . RUDE AND DESPOT.
in Miami, FL |
I was very pleased with the office in general. The staff, and Dr. Abella were very receptive to my needs as well as insightful and attentive.
Great MD!!
Deerfield Beach, FL |
He is unprofessional and leaves his patients while waiting in the screening room after canceling our appointment again . Seems to be a habit according to other reviews , Did not respond to numerous pleas to make this right. Office manager has no concern for patients either, combative is an understatement.
in Miami, Fl |
Dr. Abella is an excellent cardiologist! He is one of the most intelligent physician I have ever encountered and to add on, extremely compassionate. He treats his patients like family and even gives them his cellphone number. The office staff is great, always with a positive attitude and very helpful. Extraordinary care!
in Miami, FL |
Appointments are easy to make, office staff are kind and Dr. Abella and NP Joana are exceptional and truly take the time with you in and out of the office; they both give their patients their personal cell phone numbers in case you have any doubts., emergencies, etc. Highly recommend.
in Miami, FL |
If I could leave less than 1 star I would. I walked in clearly very pregnant for an appointment because my OBGYN referred me. When I made the appointment (2 weeks in advanced) I made it very clear why I was going in. I was at the office by 8 am per their request and was told they don't see pregnant women after filling out all the paperwork. What a waste of my time. I don't need to lug myself to an office at 9 months pregnant only to be turned away. So unprofessional.
We apologize for the inconvenience but while you did say your OB-GYN referred you, you did not say you are pregnant. Our malpractice does not cover pregnant women.
in Homestead, FL |
He is an excellent doctor. He is pleasant.
in Miami, FL |
I am a patient of Dr. Abella for the past year. He is the most comprehensive Doctor I ever know. He is compassionate - very rare to find in a doctor- very thorough. He will not let a health problem slides from him even though that was not the reason why you come to see him. As a Doctor, he is very caring. I trust him with my life.
in Miami, FL |
I saw Dr. Abella in the past. A friend of the family needs to be referred to a cardiologist and I came online to look for Dr. Abella information to show it to this friend. I highly recommend Dr.Abella.
in Miami, Florida |
I made an appointment with this doctor 2 weeks in advance. When I called I gave all the information requested about the reason for my visit. The morning of my appointment about an hour before they called me again and asked the same questions that were asked at the time the appointment was booked. 20 minutes later they called back to say the doctor would not see me because I had seen a neurologist and needed to follow up with that doctor and find a different cardiologist.
The patient wanted me to explain the results of test done and read by a different physician. Clearly, I can not be responsible for tests done and read by someone else.
in Miami, FL |
Dr. Abella is not only a highly trained professional with with an incredible insight, but extremely in tune to his patient's needs and feelings. This helps him to make better decisions for his patient's health. He listens, does not hurry the patient. Dr. Abella saved my life both physically and emotionally. If I could go to him for all my health needs, I would. He takes his profession very seriously and and wants nothing more than to help his patients lead a high quality life.
Have you seen Dr. Manuel Abella, MD?

Visit Dr. Abella

Commercial HMO
    Commercial PPO
    Connecticut General Life Insurance
    Emblem Health
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA