Dr. Manisha Punwani, MD

Child & Adolescent Psychiatry ·  Female · Age 48

Dr. Punwani

Dr. Manisha Punwani, MD is a child & adolescent psychiatry specialist in San Francisco, CA and has been practicing for 23 years. She graduated from Mangalore University / Kasturba Medical College in 1996 and specializes in child & adolescent psychiatry, pediatric psychiatry, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Punwani accepts

Dr. Punwani accepts the following insurance:

Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
Coventry Health Care

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Punwani's experience treating your condition or procedure

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Autism
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Exposure Therapy
  • Family Psychotherapy
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychodynamic Therapy
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy for Crisis
  • Psychotherapy Services
  • Separation Anxiety

Please visit my website manishapunwanimd.com

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Punwani

Dr. Punwani?
Dr. Punwani's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Manisha Punwani, MD
Dr. Punwani is competent and reliable but most importantly she is fully invested in her patients. She truly does cares about the kids and their families. After trying several doctors, my daughter connected with her immediately. As a parent of someone suffering mental health issues, you sometimes feel very alone and helpless. Dr. Punwani has always asked me how I was doing, offered advice, support and resources. My family is in a much better place now that we have Dr. Punwani on our team.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manisha Punwani, MD?
Dr. Punwani is a remarkable psychiatrist and has helped my family more than any other mental health professional we have used. I personally have seen at least 2 dozen so I can say I have a good reference point as far as the quality of care. My son, daughter, and I are all patients for various reasons. She is easily accessible and I feel she really cares about her patients. Now that she has a new electronic prescription service you no longer need paper which is very convenient. GOOD DOCTOR!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manisha Punwani, MD?
Dr. Punwani saw our son when he was in crisis and helped him to stabilize. He had previous been institutionalized twice at John George Psychiatric hospital for anxiety and depression. She saw him without charging us. She was compassionate, flexible, involved family and was very professional. We cannot thank her enough for her kindness and good clinical care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manisha Punwani, MD?
Dr. Punwani has continually delivered the precise therapy that my daughter needed to manage and overcome her anxiety. My daughter is doing so well, it's like night and day from when she started therapy 1.5 years ago. I am so thankful to have found such a competent and caring professional. It's clear when you speak with Dr. Punwani that she knows her practice, cares about her patients and will work collaboratively to find the most effective solutions. She's among the very best.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manisha Punwani, MD?
Dr. Punwani, seemingly warm and charming, had put her own financial interest over our child's mental well being, at least in our case. Our child and the family had separate sessions (child weekly, parents fewer times) for over a year. Our child's condition has not improved, but developed a dependence on the medication she prescribed. Dr. Punwani rarely talked thoughtfully, never took notes, but, sent us website links quickly for good reviews of her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manisha Punwani, MD?
My daughter has made significant progress with her anxiety thanks to Dr. Punwani's help. She takes a holistic approach and adds the perfect balance of intellect, heart and intuition. She never ceases to amaze me with her ability to laser in on the exact issues and thoroughly and accurately address them. I have found her to be genuine, warm and compassionate, yet firm and direct, which sets the tone that my daughter needs in her healing and development. She is a true healer and professional.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manisha Punwani, MD?
Dr. Punwani has been amazing for our child who suffers from anxiety/OCD. He has made great progress and she is always searching for ways to help him more. I know she loves him and cares about him. I trust her judgement and know that she has my son's best interests at heart. She is very knowledgeable and experienced and I highly recommend her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manisha Punwani, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Punwani?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Punwani treats patients.