Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD

Dr. Champaneria
Telehealth services available

Manish C Champaneria, MD, FACS

12395 El Camino Real Ste 112 San Diego, CA 92130

Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD is a Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialist in San Diego, CA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Scripps Green Hospital and Scripps Memorial Hospital Encinitas. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Champaneria to book an appointment.

Compare with other Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Champaneria with our nearby Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Specialists at Palomar Health.

Make an appointment at Palomar Health today at (442) 274-0585.

These providers are on the medical staff of Palomar Health.

Dr. Champaneria's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Champaneria

Dr. Champaneria?
  • Appointment scheduling (53)
  • Office environment (53)
  • Staff friendliness (52)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (4)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (4)
  • Appointment was rushed (3)
I had breast reduction surgery with Dr. Champaneria. My breasts came out wonderful, and I should have done it sooner. He is a wonderful surgeon.
Mar 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
Dr. Champaneria is an excellent surgeon. I'm a trans man who had top surgery and the results are amazing. Dr. Champaneria is very friendly and his team is very helpful. Definitely recommend going to Dr. Champaneria.
Mar 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
As a transgender male seeking transitional services, it can be a nerve-wracking and vulnerable experience to navigate the process of top surgery. That said, from the moment I first met Dr. Champaneria at my initial consultation I knew that I was in the right place. He has such a friendly manner and was clearly knowledgeable about all things LGBTQ+. He answered practically all my "planned questions" before I asked them and made me feel respected, safe, and cared for the entire time. He talked me through the keyhole procedure he was going to do prior to surgery and the actual day of surgery ran very smoothly. I am SO PLEASED with the results. SO HAPPY!!! At my subsequent post-op appointments him and his staff continued to be very personable; they really made me feel special and proud of my new chest. Any questions I had, they were there! If you are FTM or NB and are looking for a caring, informed, and skilled top surgeon, 10/10 would recommend!
M.C.R – Feb 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
Dr. Champaneria is an extremely talented surgeon. He has an artistic eye that made my lips look beautiful when he injected Filler! I am so happy with the result and he has a great bedside manner too.
Jan 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
I immediately felt comfortable at Dr. Champaneria's office with the COVID-19 precautions set up and the pride flags at reception. I also appreciated his gender neutral language! My carer came in with me to my pre-op appointment, and Dr. Champaneria used they/them pronouns with them without being told that they were nonbinary! (Also, the nurse Mary is a total sweetheart! I'm going to miss her once I'm done with all my post-op visits.) He listened to all my concerns, answered all my questions with great detail, and calmed my nerves the day of surgery. It was scary to go under the knife for the first time, but I knew I could trust Dr. Champaneria and everyone else in the op room. Every day I look in the mirror, I fall in love with my results. I would absolutely come to him for any other transition surgeries :)
Dec 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
Dr. Champaneria is probably one of the best doctors I've ever interacted with. He truly took time to listen and to answer ALL of my *many* questions. I had double incision top surgery and felt cared for and respected every step of the way. I was incredibly pleased with the overall experience. I would (and do) highly recommend him to anyone who wants top surgery in San Diego. I was also very pleased with the office/Christina's responsiveness and the nurses I interacted with.
Nov 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
After receiving my breast cancer diagnosis, I met with a team of doctors at Scripps to discuss treatment options. I decided that a bi-lateral mastectomy and reconstruction surgery was the best solution. My oncologist referred me to Dr. Champaneria and it was a day he was out of the clinic, however he didn't hesitate to meet with me. We spent significant time together and thoroughly answered all my questions. He explained every detail, showed me pictures, and helped me understand the process. When I left his office, I felt more knowledgeable and confident with my upcoming surgery. I knew he was the ideal doctor for me. Not only is he an outstanding surgeon, he is also a compassionate person who quickly gained my trust. I found his staff to be friendly, professional, and punctual. I am extremely pleased with my surgery and I could not have asked for a better surgeon and overall experience. I highly recommend Dr. Champaneria without reservation for your reconstruction surgery.
Elsie Houck – Oct 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
Dr. Champaneria is BLESSED with so many incredible gifts and for that I am grateful! I had a ruptured implant that needed immediate surgery. I knew nothing about him, but he made me feel so confident in what he was going to do. His bedside manner is exceptional! The implants I have now look incredible. Like I said he is gifted! I highly recommend him!
Joanie Olimski – Aug 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
Dr. Champaneria and his staff made a mentally difficult procedure (mastectomy) as easy as possible. You are faced with MANY decisions throughout this process and Dr. Champaneria always takes the time to discuss thoroughly any questions and concerns. The office staff is great. I never had to wait (which makes a difference when you have SO many medical appointments). And, most of all, I'm super happy with the results.
Chris Theriot – Aug 03, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
Dr. Champaneria is a one of a kind doctor. The first three things that come to mind are detailed, compassionate & intelligent. Dr. Champaneria preformed a breast reduction on me back in January and it has changed my life. I had never undergone any sort of surgery & he made me feel at peace & in good hands. His surgery has allowed me to feel more confident & beautiful in my own skin. My breasts look amazing & I am so proud that I was able to be one of his patients. Anyone who gets the chance to work with Dr. Champaneria will not regret it. I am so grateful for my experience, thank you doctor!
Holli Davis – Apr 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
I feel very lucky that I was referred to Dr. Champaneria. I was leaning toward having a lumpectomy/radiation after finding I had DCIS on my left breast. At a first consultation, he spent 45 minutes explaining every detail and answered all questions/concerns I had. By the time I left the hospital, I decided to have a mastectomy and breast reconstruction. Dr. Champ and his staff are very personable. At every appointment and at the surgery, he spent time and talked to me making sure I felt comfortable. Going through a cancer diagnosis is a heart wrenching and stressful process, but Dr. Champ made me look forward to a new life again and I feel confident with my new breast.
TB – Apr 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
Dr Champaneria repaired/ closed up three wounds on my face following Mohs surgeries for basal cell carcinomas. One was a difficult repair on my ear lobe. I’m very happy with the outcomes; the surgery sites have healed well and are practically invisible. The Dr and his staff were extremely helpful, friendly and professional throughout the process. I will go back to him without hesitation if needed in future.
Martin – Apr 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
I came to Dr. Champaneria office for a panniculectomy consultation . During my initial visit Dr Champaneria explained the process of the procedure and what to expect. He was very knowledgeable, caring,& his tone was very comforting and very reassuring.He was able to answer all my questions which made me feel very comfortable in knowing I chose the right doctor. Dr. Champaneria is an amazing person and very excellent in what he does. I would definitely recommend Dr. Champaneria.
C.Navarro – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
I came to Dr. champaneria for a double breast reduction after years of neck and upper back pain and it truly has been life-changing. Dr. champ explain to me every single detail along the way. Day of surgery he was with me every step of the way, he cane to preop, Was in the operating room when I got there which was very reassuring because there were many unfamiliar faces and was there when I woke up. Dr. Champ from the very bottom of my heart thank you so very much for your care, I cannot tell you how much I love my new breast.
Cristina – Feb 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
I feel so lucky that I was referred to Dr. Champaneria for my breast reconstruction after undergoing preventive mastectomy. At my first consultation, I immediately felt comfort/trust with him and he took plenty of time to give information and to ensure all my own questions/preferences were addressed. All appointments have been this way, never feeling rushed. He is kind, patient, and thorough in each visit. Deciding to have preventive mastectomy was tough, but knowing I had a skillful plastic surgeon certainly helped me to feel more comfortable with my decision. Before the final reconstruction surgery, I had made peace with the fact that I would probably always have slightly disfigured breasts. Dr. Champaneria proved me wrong, as the results I have are so much better than I could have EVER imagined. I feel fully restored. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Champaneria. In addition to how wonderful he is, his staff are equally attentive and appointments were always on time.
Feb 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
Dr. Champaneria has been amazing! I was diagnosed with breast cancer and advised to have a double mastectomy. Dr. Champaneria has done the reconstruction and he gave me back, almost immediately, what was taken. His attention to detail and ability to see and implement how something should look is phenomenal. I look younger now than before cancer which is awfully nice! Healing from each of the three surgeries has gone really smoothly, I’ve had no complications and the result is more than I could have hoped for. He and his staff have been so kind and encouraging, they have answered all of my questions and explained each procedure in terms that were easy to understand. I am so thankful to have had Dr. Champaneria recommended to me! I would give him more than five stars if that were possible!
C Storm – Feb 07, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
Dr. Champaneria is excellent about his work. He is compassionate and listens to the needs of the patient. He is a great plastic surgeon and with that comes artistry.
Nickole – Jan 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
After going to Dr Champaneria for a consultation I knew he was the one. He was informative, caring and answered all my questions. His office was also very helpful. I’m 100% in awe with his work and bedside manner.
Jan 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
Dr. Champaneria is a very personable physician. I never had to wait long to see him in his office. . He gave written copies of instructions at each visit and prior to surgery. He provided a realistic expectation for what the process would be, time frame, discomfort, etc. He listened to me and never seemed rush to move to the next patient. I am very satisfied with the surgery he performed. Five star rating!
Oct 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
When I decided to look into having Panniculectomy Surgery done, my primary doctor recommended a fantastic Plastic Surgeon Dr. Manish C. Champaneria, MD. at Scripps Plastic Surgery Center.   His caring manner is awesome. If you happen to have any concerns at all, he and his staff are on it right away. When you walk into his office you are always greeted with respect and a Big Smile. I am really happy with my results! I feel and look great. Big bonus, the surgery stopped my horrible lower back pain too!!! I am one happy Lady. My only regret is... not having this surgery done a lot sooner. I would highly recommend Dr. Champaneria.
JoAnn M. – Oct 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Champaneria?

From the initial consultation through the postoperative period, Dr. Champaneria demonstrates a unique level of care, compassion and talent. He has...Read more

BACKGROUND AND EDUCATION

Dr. Champaneria was born and raised in Southern California. His adolescence was highlighted by his commitment to scholarship...

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery