Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD

Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery ·  Male · Age 40

Dr. Champaneria

Manish C Champaneria, MD, FACS

12395 El Camino Real Ste 112 San Diego, CA 92130

Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD is a cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery specialist in San Diego, CA and has been practicing for 5 years. He graduated from UNIV OF MN MED SCH in 2007 and specializes in cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery and microvascular reconstructive surgery.

Dr. Champaneria's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Champaneria

Dr. Champaneria?
Dr. Champaneria's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD
Dr. Champaneria is a very personable physician. I never had to wait long to see him in his office. . He gave written copies of instructions at each visit and prior to surgery. He provided a realistic expectation for what the process would be, time frame, discomfort, etc. He listened to me and never seemed rush to move to the next patient. I am very satisfied with the surgery he performed. Five star rating!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
When I decided to look into having Panniculectomy Surgery done, my primary doctor recommended a fantastic Plastic Surgeon Dr. Manish C. Champaneria, MD. at Scripps Plastic Surgery Center.   His caring manner is awesome. If you happen to have any concerns at all, he and his staff are on it right away. When you walk into his office you are always greeted with respect and a Big Smile. I am really happy with my results! I feel and look great. Big bonus, the surgery stopped my horrible lower back pain too!!! I am one happy Lady. My only regret is... not having this surgery done a lot sooner. I would highly recommend Dr. Champaneria.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
Dr. Champaneria was so wonderful to work with. He had the best bedside manner for a nervous patient like myself. He was very knowledgable and patient. It was my first time getting any type of cosmetic work done and Dr. Champaneria walked me through the process step by step. Overall I would say that my experience with Dr. Champaneria was excellent and that I will be returning to him again for future needs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
I'm an FTM guy, had a keyhole mastectomy operations about 3 months ago with Dr. Champaneria. He did not take much convincing or proof that I needed this surgery - he knows what trans men are about. He recommended a 23-hour post-op hospital stay, to avoid the 24-hour insurance fees, which my wallet appreciated. He has a great bedside manner, is charming and charismatic and enthusiastic and knowledgeable. My one big con would be that he talks somewhat fast, which makes me feel like he wants to be done with me. But that's just me. As for his office, I was never misgendered, no questions at all about that stuff. His insurance coordinator, Christina, was unable to give me answers about costs. I had to go over her head to get any questions answered. But that's not Dr. Champ's fault.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
Dr. Champaneria has got to be the BEST Dr out there in the plastic surgery world! Having gone down this road before, I was honesty very apprehensive. I was told by my previous plastic surgeon that there was nothing more that he could do for me and that I was going to have to live with what he gave me. Dr. Champaneria proved him wrong!! I am a 3 1/2 year breast cancer survivor and Dr "Champ"aneria brought "life" back for me. I know longer have to hide myself with jackets, scarves, nothing!! I can take pictures with out hiding behind someone or holding my arm in front of my chest. (I know it was just me.) I had reconstruction already after my double mastectomy but I was not comfortable with the way I looked. Dr "Champ"aneria gave me EXACTLY what I was longing for. (If you have gone though reconstruction after a bilateral mastectomy, then you understand what I'm saying.) Dr. "Champ"aneria answered every single question that was asked and NEVER made me feel like I was asking to much. He
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
Dr Champaneria was a great choice for me as I had never had any type of experience with cosmetic procedures - he was straightforward and honest about procedures, cost, outcomes. I had cosmetic injections on my forehead and love the results -I looked natural and no one noticed the change except to say i looked refreshed. I asked about more invasive procedure and he was honest about what I could expect (what was realistic) and what I would have to do to prepare for those types of procedures. Would definitely recommend Dr. Champaneria
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
I am so pleased with my experience with Dr. Champaneria through my treatment for triple-negative breast cancer. Dr. Campaneria is thoughtful and patient; He took the time to explain all of the options for breast reconstruction to me and my family and even went out of his way to call me when I asked him a few specific questions over email. I especially appreciate that he treated me as an individual, and he considered my situation and lifestyle when recommending the best options for me. His entire team is kind and professional, including the administrative team, nurses, and assistants. I actually looked forward to my appointments at his office, despite the fact I was dealing with breast cancer. I finished my treatment a few months ago, and not only am I healthy and cancer-free, but I am very happy with the results of my reconstruction. I actually look better now that I did before my treatment!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
Long story short: Im FTM, my parents dont support me, and i was vulnerable and alone. I looked at reviews too, and its true the staff is incredibly kind. Dr. Champeneria is not. I have a small chest so i went to see if Keyhole was an option and he annoyedly said "all ftm guys walk in here asking for keyhole." He made it seem like Double Incision was my only option and to ask for a second opinion. I am a bit too big for keyhole, but I really wanted to see if there was any other options or accommodations, nipple sensitivity is important to me as well as little scarring. When I came back a second time, I timidly asked about options he got extremely impatient and said he thought I had made up my mind on Double Incision and asked if he could explain using my breast. I nervously nodded and he then grabbed my right breast like it was a rotten piece of meat and shook it back and forth, I didn't even listen to the explanation I was so shocked. I went to another doctor who said I could do peri.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
Dr. Manish Champaneria is an exceptional doctor. His friendly and sincere nature was refreshing and reassuring, and his microsurgery skills have stood out through his results. Dr. Champaneria performed lymph node transfer surgery to treat the lymphedema that I had in one leg and groin from prostate cancer treatments two years earlier. Six months after the surgery, my lymphedema is now 90% gone, and life is back to being much more normal. I'd recommend him to anyone with a similar condition.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?
I chose Dr. Champaneria for a breast reduction because I’d heard and read that he’s an excellent surgeon. And, it’s true, he is. He is caring and does meticulous work. I’m extremely pleased with the results and am so happy that I decided to have a reduction. I have lost weight, have significantly more energy and am looking forward to restarting an exercise routine soon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Manish Champaneria, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Champaneria?

From the initial consultation through the postoperative period, Dr. Champaneria demonstrates a unique level of care, compassion and talent. He has an exceptional ability to understand his patient's needs and goals towards self-improvement throug...

• Cosmetic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery

2008
2007
1997

Dr. Champaneria accepts

Dr. Champaneria accepts the following insurance:

Health Net
Medicare
PacificSource
Providence Health Plans
Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield
Preferred Provider Network PPN
Tricare

No malpractice claims found for California

Check Dr. Champaneria's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Liposuction
  • Localized Fat Deposits
  • Mohs Defect
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Panniculitis