Dr. Mangala Shetty, MD

Pain Medicine •  Female • Age 67

Telehealth services available

Marion Pain Management Center Inc

1737a Se 28th Loop Ocala, FL 34471

Dr. Mangala Shetty, MD is a Pain Medicine Specialist in Ocala, FL and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Shetty has more experience with Pain Management and Spine than other specialists in her area. She graduated from University Of Nigeria, Faculty Of Medicine medical school in 1986. She is affiliated with AdventHealth Ocala. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Shetty to book an appointment.

Dr. Shetty's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shetty

3.0

Dr. Shetty?
I was a patient of Dr. Shetty for several years. At my first appointment, knowing that I was getting pee tested, I told her that I'd had a medical marijuana card in AZ and that it had really helped so I was continuing to use it and would always test positive. She said no problem, they were really looking for other opioids in my system. I would go for pain meds (pretty low dose) and periodic shots (some worked, some didn't) and our relationship seemed fine. I always had a fair amount of pills to "count" at each visit as I was verrrrry worried about getting addicted and didn't care for the intestinal side effects. Anyhow, at the beginning of the pandemic, I was scheduled for a shot and felt uncomfortable going for a procedure so I canceled. When I came in a couple of weeks later for my bi-monthly prescription visit, she handed me a paper she had me sign saying that she was discharging me from her practice because I regularly tested positive for cannabis which I have a card for here in Fl
Dropped during the pandemic! – Nov 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mangala Shetty, MD?
We’ve not had a bad experience here and have been going for two years! Dr Shetty and her staff are awesome! I love walking into a place and not seeing those clearly just seeking drugs And doing everything but laying on the floor. They do a great job at making you comfortable by adjusting meds. I’ve had shots and the surgery center is awesome. Highly recommend to those who suffer from pain.
Jamie Fish – May 13, 2020
N
Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mangala Shetty, MD?
Dr. Shetty wonderful. Her receptionist is horrid. Puts you on hold when she does answer the phone. 3 to 4 weeks for a call back for an appointment. She is terrible. The rest of the staff is good. Why do they put up w/her?
Feb 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mangala Shetty, MD?
This is the poorest excuse for a doctor I've found in Ocala yet. She wouldn't let me speak, told me I didn't have the fracture and pain that I do and that I am looking for drugs. Her big thing is " you have raised red flags". If you are looking for a qualified pain mgmt dr, look elsewhere. You will get nowhere but a lot of aggravation. She told me I have to have an MRI that my insurance wont pay for, even though I am coming from another dr in the practice! This person is a quack. If you are serious about finding a qualified dr, pass this one up. She is psychotic. No one needs that. There was no one else there and took me right back, there was no one else waiting when I left. That is a red flag. She is accepting new patients because she obviously cannot keep patients who truly need help managing pain. She does love to do surgeries and "blocks". BEWARE. The staff is rude, will not answer questions, and the dr will not listen to you. Be prepared to be yelled over, not just talked over.
Rich – Nov 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mangala Shetty, MD?
I was a patient of Dr. Shetty for several years. She is a professional and I received the injections for herniated disks as I have been getting before moving to Florida, however about 8 months ago I was left waiting 6 weeks to be scheduled for my treatment, a staff member promised on 3 occasions to return my call and 6 weeks later she left message relating to my calls to her. I decided then not to return to Dr. Shetty.
L. Ramos – Dec 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mangala Shetty, MD?
When I moved from Oklahoma to Ocala, Fl I asked my insurance company for a good pain management doctor. They recommended Dr M Shetty and I am so glad they did. She agreed to a conference call with my neurologist in Okla. and they conferred together what surgeries I had and treatment. She has helped me have a better life and I will be forever grateful.
Sharon Turner in Ocala, FL – Jul 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mangala Shetty, MD?
This place is a joke. I was waiting for clowns and jugglers to appear. If you’re looking for pills then this is your place. Wait time is horrible; the office staff could not be any more rude and unprofessional. They schedule unnecessary appointments just to file claims. I asked Anisha/Vanisha/Dumisha or whatever her name was a question about an appointment they scheduled and she refused to answer it. Find another doctor.
John in Plump – Sep 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mangala Shetty, MD?
Dr Shetty is a pill pusher. You can't ask more then three questions before she informs you that she is the doctor. The staff sit on cell phones and let the office phones ring off the hook. The office manager is a piece of (????) she doesn't know how to talk to ppl. The wait time is for ever. I had to put a star for recommending her because they wouldn't allow me to leave it blank! When looking for a pain management doctor ask friends/family or someone you trust.
Summerfield, FL – Jul 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mangala Shetty, MD?
I have received greater results with Dr Shetty in the last two years, then in the twenty years of pain management, 7 fusions and seeing other doctors. She cares about her patients, finds the treatment that is best for your pain. You are not just a patient, you are a person and she is going to consider your needs according to the plan that is best for you, result speaks for itself. Thank you Dr Shetty for not giving up on me after I've had six back surgseries. T. R.
TERESA in Ocala, FL – Jun 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mangala Shetty, MD?
I felt that Dr M Shetty and her staff were amazing! I've been an ER nurse for 10 years and I was very impressed with the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. I felt right at home the minute I got there for the first time. I felt Dr Shetty really listened to me and was very knowledgable about Pain and how to treat it. She did not throw narcotics at me, and I was happy about that. It felt like she really wanted to get to the bottom of why I was having pain in a very safe way.
Taylor M in Ocala, FL – Jun 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mangala Shetty, MD?
Dr. Shetty was good but her staff made my visit there very bad.There was always a confrontation with the office manager and it made my time there a knightmare. This woman should not be the first person a customer has to deal with. She has no business answering customers questions with her unfriendly attitude and smart mouth. If you go there make sure get your records back or get something that states you brought them in there, or they will be gone for ever. This is what has happened to me.
Ocala, FL – Feb 02, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mangala Shetty, MD?
Dr Shetty was absolutely wonderful as was her staff! She treated my elder mom with dignity and really cared about her and how she felt. She explained things in a way we could understand and saw and explained things from previous MRI's that were not previously explained and told us how they were affecting mom. We recommend her highly to anyone in need of pain managagement.
djron in Ocala, fl – Aug 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mangala Shetty, MD?
Is there less than one star available? Shetty is the worst type of pill pusher. She schedules 30-50 patients per day and runs them thru only to scam Medicare, MediCal and the insurance. She does no procedures. Only does refills she could not care less about patients and the cause of pain. Once you are addicted to her prescriptions, you have no other choice than wait 3-6 hours for her to see you...she is ALWAYS behind because she schedules so many patients, she can't possibly see them all
Olivia b in Ocala, FL – Jun 15, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mangala Shetty, MD?
All about the money and very little real compassion for injured workers. Does NOT adhere to Workers Compensation protocol. Office staff completely lost on handling patient records.
Buddy Caine in Dunnellon, FL – May 06, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mangala Shetty, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shetty?

• Pain Medicine