Dr. Mamoun Najjar, MD

31 Reviews
Dr. Najjar

Sleep & Pulmonary Care Center

1222 Somerville Rd SE Decatur, AL 35601

Dr. Mamoun Najjar, MD is a pulmonologist in Decatur, AL. He specializes in pulmonary disease, sleep medicine, and more.

Dr. Najjar accepts

Dr. Najjar accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Dental Blue 100/200/300

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Alabama

Check Dr. Najjar's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Acidosis
  • Acute Bronchitis
  • Acute Upper Respiratory Infection
  • Alkalosis
  • Arterial Blood Gas Test (ABG)
  • Asbestosis
  • Asthma
  • Bronchiectasis
  • Bronchiolitis
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchoscopy
  • Bronchospasm
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Pleural Effusion
  • Pneumoconiosis and Pneumonopathy
  • Pneumonia
  • Pneumonitis (Due to Solids or Liquids)
  • Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thrombosis
  • Wheezing

Dr. Najjar's Reviews

Did you have an appointment with Dr. Najjar?

Enter the Bills 4 Bills sweepstakes by leaving a review today

Terms and conditions

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Najjar

2.3

9.67741935483871%

Dr. Najjar?
Dr. Najjar's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mamoun Najjar, MD
My husband had an appointment today his first one for pulmonary fibrosis we got back come to find out he wasn’t seeing the dr he was seeing a nurse practitioner who has 3 years experience working under dr najjar ok they said my husband would not be seeing the dr at all that dr najjar only comes in on Tuesday and Thursday for 1 hour. Are you kidding me. I said no I will not put the life of my husband in the hands of a nurse practitioner who has worked under a Dr she sees 2 hours a week, how much can she learn in 2 hours a week. So I got our copay back and we left. I can understand a nurse practitioner working with a dr who Is there so if the patient needs answers they can get them from someone with more than 3 years experience 2 hours a week. I’m sure she’s a good nurse but when it comes to lung disease that has no cure a person needs a Dr with experience that is up to date on treatments and new medication.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mamoun Najjar, MD?
Nasty, Nasty, Nasty. i have been here many times and over four years only seen the doctor one time. each time i go i am put into a nasty room filled with dust. air unit is so full of garbage it spews out onto the ceiling. the shirts are not washed well, looks like urine spots on most and they are beige from wear. the ceiling fan blades are caked with dust from moving the dirty air in the room. trash can was not emptied from the night prier. i sat in the lobby with Nat's flying around, who know
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mamoun Najjar, MD?
No patient care at all!!! The doctor doesn't even provide healthcare to his employees! Only cares about money ! They don't even have a registered sleep tech to do the sleep studies! High turnover in employees , which is due to management! Very unprofessional business. No employee or patient loyalty! I feel horrible for the patients that pay for their services! You will never see the doctor! The business cannot even pay their employees right, or the people they have do work for them!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mamoun Najjar, MD?
Dr. Najjar is very unprofessional. He doesn't like to stick around for any questions you may have. If you have a loved one in the ICU please do not allow him to be your Dr. He orders unnecessary tests and he keeps patients on life support far longer than they should be. Overall I wouldn't trust him with my dog. Smh
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mamoun Najjar, MD?
He has been my doctor since 2011, but I have not seen him but 1 or 2 times in 2years or more. The p;roblem is when I am paying for a doctor I would like to see that doctor. I have requested to see only him but doesnt work. Another thing is the billing process..If they have a new person in office and not approved by insurance co yet, then you have to call and fight with insurance co to not bill OUT OF NETWORK. big hassle..happened to me twice now.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mamoun Najjar, MD?
Had appointment set for today that I had rescheduled for later in the week. Over weekend I received text messages and automated calls for appointment today so I went in did test and cancelled appointment for later in week. After I left I received a call from them asking why I missed today's appointment. I explained I went did test and cancelled appointment for later in week that I had originally rescheduled to. Got informed they didn't put in I came nor cancelled appointment for later n week.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mamoun Najjar, MD?
They are an AWFUL place to go to. I *worked* there and they are horrible to patients and staff. All they care about is money. They schedule too many patients in a time slot and are way behind with appointments. Patients have complained of bed bugs in various rooms with nothing being done. The doctor and manager are degrading towards women. When patients make complaints, they do nothing about it. They do not care about anything except being paid by insurance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mamoun Najjar, MD?
Ive asked to speak to/make an appt with the doctor several times and have been told that was not possible due to office procedures and becuz he wasnt in the office. Ive never seen him and i was evaluated as having a life changing disease by a person who has less education than i do!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mamoun Najjar, MD?
Dr. Najjar was very knowledgable and took care of all of my needs! The staff was very friendly and professional. I would recommend this office to anyone in need of pediatric and adult sleep medicine.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mamoun Najjar, MD?
He keeps overcharging my insurance. I have been using him for the past two years and have only seen him twice. His nurses are never the same, always has new staff when I go for appointments. Keeps asking for test that I do not need just to bill my insurance. Would not recommend him as a good doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mamoun Najjar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Najjar?

• Sleep Medicine

• Critical Care Medicine

• Arabic

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Najjar treats patients.

62% Patient experience rating, 7% lower than the national average