Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD

Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD

Neurology | Male

NeuroGrow Brain Fitness Center 8280 Greensboro Dr Ste 240 McLean, VA 22102 Get Directions

I love seeing patients. Every patient has his/her own story. I enjoy learning not only about their symptoms but also about their life's history, their goals for the future, their hobbies, and what things are important to them. Patients are not just a collection of symptoms; they are human beings with emotions, challenges, and aspirations. It is important for me to understand the root cause of their concerns and treat them as a whole. I often bond with my patients and treat them as if they are my own family members.

Dr. Fotuhi's Experience

See how Dr. Fotuhi's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Fotuhi

Dr. Fotuhi accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Fotuhi has admitting privileges.

Dr. Fotuhi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Fotuhi to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Fotuhi's Performance
in Vienna, VA |
Dr Fotuhi is an amazing doctor. He has so much kindness and compassion in him. He brings that out in the first visit. I came into see him with major depression among other issues. He helped me to feel better about myself without over medicated me. The program that he has setup is incredible; I played games with one therapist while we talked about whatever was on my mind with little prompting and not feeling uncomfortable at all. I watched a tv show of my choosing while my brain was monitored.
in Great Falls VA |
Dr. Fotuhi is the most knowledgeable and caring Dr. that I have ever had. He made me feel that I was in safe hand. I was very pleased with the level of professionalism and care from Dr. Fotuhi. He treated me for Vertigo and was in constant contact with me and other healthcare providers during my treatment and recovery. He went above a beyond his duty. He called me everyday and made sure that I followed the right treatment. Dr. Fotuhi couldn't be more caring. I would recommend him with no doubt.
in McLean, VA |
Very knowledgeable and passionate. Staff are amazing. Highly recommend him an his unique program.
in Potomac, MD |
My behavior suggested Alzheimer's. I entered the program not being able to memorize five words. After 24 sessions, I could memorize 35 words (no end in sight). Biofeedback improved my concentration. Of greater significance was the change in my brain, as measured by brain mapping. I have actually "grown my brain". Would recommend to all.
in Severna Park, MD |
I welcome this opportunity to convey my boundless and enthusiastic endorsement of Dr. Fotuhi. It is my judgment that Dr. Fotuhi is profoundly knowledgeable and is truly concerned with my health and well-being. His overall care has been excellent. I found him extremely pleasant, impeccably courteous, and eager to listen. Any patient will benefit from this talented, kind and considerate man.
Dr. Fotuhi and his staff are life changing! It is rare that you can meet and collaborate with such a warm, lively, intelligent, and genuinely caring group and I can honestly say that my three months of treatment for a complicated post-concussion case was absolutely a game changer and changed my life for the better. From the front desk staff (huge hugs to Phung and Diana!), to the incredible brain coaches, to the lovely and amazing Dr. Hadadi, I am grateful to say that their mission to provide fi
MD |
Dr. Fotuhi is really in a class of his own, a step above the rest. He is extraordinarily knowledgeable, patient, extremely responsive via the patient portal, and provided me with hope when other doctors looked at me with confusion. Dr. Fotuhi and his years of experience have helped me recover neurologically when all other doctors believed I had recovered as much as possible. Dr. Fotuhi proved the other doctors wrong and brought me back significantly closer to the me I used to be.
in Vienna VA |
I was a little skeptical when Dr. Fotuhi told me that I would feel 100% better after ending my treatment... Wow, was he right. I finished my brain coaching and neuro feed back last week and I feel better than ever. I have 2 concussions back to back and was tremendously slow with my processing and memory. This therapy truly worked for me and I would recommend anyone with TBI to give it a try. I am no longer feeling anxious or depressed. Thank you Dr. Fotuhi!
Our experience with Dr Fatuhi has been wonderful! My 56 yr old husband was diagnosed with dementia (either CTE or early onset Alzheimer's)and we were referred to Neurogrow. Dr Fatuhi has taken his time to listen to us and come up with a plan of action. It has benefited my husband so much! He looks forward to his weekly visits and comes homes feeling mentally clearer and energized. Dr Fatuhi is caring, gets to know his patients and is very realistic with his care. And he takes our insurance
in McLean, VA |
He is outstanding in every way. Very knowledgeable, humble and caring. He takes his time to listen to you and at the end would come up with a comprehensive plan if treatment.
in Virginia |
Dr. Fotuhi really cares about his patients. The caring and listening ear for me when dealing with a challenging situation really helped me a great deal. It is quick to note how smart he is but the nice thing is before I leave he always makes sure I understand what the goal is and what he knows about my condition. I wish I would have found him 10 years ago, I think my health would be in a different place. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking an expert in neurology.
Dr. Fotuhi is a fantastic neurologist and one of the best doctors I have ever seen. He is very knowledgeable, patient, caring and has a great bedside manner. I cannot write enough good things about Dr. Fotuhi and I highly recommend him.
in Upper Marlboro, MD |
Dr. Fotuhi and is excellent staff has been a godsend to me! His holistic treatment of my physical as well mental well-being is helping me recover from a car accident with a moderate concussion. I could not progress without Dr. Fotuhi and his team!
in McLean, VA |
Love going to my treatments twice a week. I feel more energized and alert. I can concentrate more and I got my self-confidence back. I highly recommend this doctor specially his treatment plan.
Reisterstown, MD |
Very considerate and polite doctor. He actually takes his time to listen to all the problems. He offers treatments which is very effective.. very pleasant visit..
in Arlington, VA |
I did not get the results nor information I expected. I'm sure he's been effective for others, just not me.
Have you seen Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Are you Dr. Fotuhi?

Compare Dr. Fotuhi

Dr. Fotuhi says...

Dr. Fotuhi's Care Philosophy

Dr. Fotuhi says...

Dr. Majid Fotuhi has over 25 years of clinical, teaching, and research experience in the fields of memory, Alzheimer's disease, concussion, sleep disorders, ADHD, migraine, anxiety, dizziness, and vertigo. He has published numerous articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals such as Brain Research, Journal of Neuroscience, Lancet, Nature, Neurology, Neuron, and Proceedings of National Academy of Science. He has presented his research as an honorary visiting professor in Canada, Egypt, China, Israel, and Japan. Dr. Fotuhi has dedicated much of his career to educating the public about memory, aging, and concussion, and ways of enhancing neuroplasticity in the brain.

Dr. Fotuhi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurology
  •  Board certified in Neurology

Dr. Fotuhi has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Fotuhi's Board Certifications

• Neurology

• Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Ataxia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Attention Problems
  • Bell's Palsy
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Dizziness (After Head Trauma)
  • Concussion
  • Lyme Disease
  • Memory Disorders
  • Memory Loss
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myoclonus
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Seizure Disorders
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Stiff-Man Syndrome
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury

• Other Education
    Johns Hopkins University, Doctoral Program In Neuroscience

Completed in 1992

• Farsi

Dr. Fotuhi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Fotuhi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurology
  • Functional Neurology
  • Geriatric Neurology
  • Headache Medicine
  • Neurofeedback
  • Sleep Medicine (Psychiatry & Neurology)
  • Sports Psychiatry & Neurology