Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD

Dr. Fotuhi
Telehealth services available

NeuroGrow Brain Fitness Center

8280 Greensboro Dr Ste 240 McLean, VA 22102

Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD is a Neurology Specialist in McLean, VA. Dr. Fotuhi has more experience with Headache than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Fotuhi to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Neurology Specialists in your area

• Recent Reviews
    Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Dr. Fotuhi accepts

Dr. Fotuhi accepts the following insurance:

Select
HealthyBlue Advantage

2 board actions Found
  • Injudicious Prescribing (7/1/2020)View details
  • Injudicious Prescribing (5/26/2020)View details
No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Headache

Headache is a common symptom that can sometimes signal a more serious condition, such as migraine, high blood pressure, or cerebral hemorrhage.Compare with other Headache specialists.

Typically treats 80% more than their peers

Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures

TreatmentsTreatment Frequency
Migraine

Dr. Fotuhi treats Migraine more than 92% of their peers

Dr. Fotuhi treats this condition more than 92% of their peers

All Headaches (incl. Migraine)

Dr. Fotuhi treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 91% of their peers

Dr. Fotuhi treats this condition more than 91% of their peers

Headache

Dr. Fotuhi treats Headache more than 59% of their peers

Dr. Fotuhi treats this condition more than 59% of their peers

Check Dr. Fotuhi's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Fotuhi's conditions and procedures:

• Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Aneurysm
  • Ataxia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Attention Problems
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chronic Dizziness (After Head Trauma)
  • Concussion
  • Insomnia
  • Insomnia With Sleep Apnea
  • Meningiomas
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Sleep-Walking
  • Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD...

Offer evening visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Communicate via email?

Offer an online patient portal?

Offer weekend visits?

Dr. Fotuhi's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fotuhi

Dr. Fotuhi?
I was so hopeful, and really need help. The provider didn’t show up for my appointment, and I can’t afford to take multiple days off work. I have two young kids at home. Perhaps it’s a great experience if you’re able to obtain treatment.
Jul 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
NeuroGrow is an incredible practice. I was suffering with concussion symptoms for almost a year but after just 6 weeks of their program I am now headache free and back to feeling great. I was also able to improve other memory and executive functioning skills through their innovative treatments. I would recommend this practice to anyone who is looking to recover from a brain injury or ADHD treatment. It has been a wonderful and welcoming place and helped me get back to feeling my best.
Elizabeth Lilley – Jul 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Individual brain issues may vary although the need to receive help is common for all of us. NeuroGrow provides the healing. I am able to continue with a life I want. Initially I was looking for help and my hope came to fruition. Thank you for your services.
Cleveland Ray – Jul 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
What an amazing experience I had at the NeuroGrow Brain Fitness Center. I feel like a new person after completing the brain rehabilitation treatment. For those of you who lead busy and stressful lifestyle, I highly recommend this treatment. Dr. Fotuhi is one of the kindest and most passionate people I have met. He goes above and beyond to help his patients. He has positively impacted my life in many ways. Thank you, Dr. Fotuhi! You gave me back my life.
Jun 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Very knowledgeable staff and physician that is well over qualified for taking care of their patients. I have had the best experience with dealing with the staff and the physician. At this day and age, it is very rare to find a physician who will take the time to work with their patients and making sure that all of their concerns and issues are listened and treated to accordingly.
Jun 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Dr Fatuhi answered my questions and tailored the visit to my needs. He took his time and was patient. He ensured I understood his recommendations.
Mar 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
My experience at NEUROGROW far exceeded my greatest expectations! I was desperate to find help with the symptoms of a concussion by the time I discovered Dr. Fotuhi and his Brain Fitness Program. Two plus years before going to NeuroGrow I suffered a concussion when a painting fell on my head. Within days I realized that I was having problems with focusing, concentration, memory, decision-making, worsening severe headaches and photophobia. With time I became more and more bothered by them. I was sleeping 15 hours and more a day. I own a small business and was unable to function adequately there or within my personal life I saw several physicians and everyone said 'Give it time'...One said weeks, another months. Later I heard that for "older" patients it may even take 2 years to recover! No one implied there was treatment for a concussion. Meeting Dr. Fotuhi and his staff changed my life! I learned my symptoms were classic for a concussion and there was treatment available.
Feb 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Cares more than any doctor I've ever met. He is genuinely compassionate and invested in managing patient care. As I'm only eighteen, he treats me like a daughter. I could not ask for a better neurologist in terms of commitment to ensuring an improved state of well-being for his patients. Note: I accidentally hit "thumbs down" on Tracy G. (Ashburn, VA)'s review down below, but she said it better than I ever could. Doctor Fotuhi truly is one of the kindest people I've ever met and I am eternally grateful for his determined efforts to keep me happy, healthy, and pain-free.
Ally – Nov 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
I was at my wits end after suffering life threatening complications from a hysterectomy. My obgyn failed to recognize the obvious signs of a bowel perforation, allowed me to proceed to septic shock, and teeter on the edge of life and I spent three months in a coma in the ICU. I lived through septic shock, ARDS and several cardiac arrests. I noticed continual cognitive decline 2 years post release from the original injury and was not satisfied with the medical care I was receiving in Atlanta. Dr. Fotuhi and his staff gave me hope again. He diagnosed me with a vestibular disorder immediately, took me off a ton of medication, and my medical PTSD symptoms have been drastically reduced by the neurofeedback. I travel from Atlanta to take advantage of this level and quality of care. You could not ask for a doctor more dedicated to his patients. I just wish we could clone him!
Christine Tenley – Oct 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Dr. Fotuhi and the staff at Neurogrow are amazing. This program has been life changing for me and I am grateful for the treatment, coaching, and friends I have gained through Neurogrow!
Oct 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Dr Fotuhi and staff are the most professional, courteous, caring group of professionals I have ever experienced. The atmosphere they create is challenging, motivational,and rewarding. I owe my “renewed” well being to this group!
Oct 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Dr. Fotuhi and his staff were amazing. His concussion treatment was transformative for me and helped me get back to excellent health. I would highly recommend Dr. Fotuhi.
Sep 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Dr. Fotuhi really helped me with my insomnia. He is a very capable, competent, and personable physician. I highly recommend him!
Sep 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
We had a great experience with the office and all the staff. Everyone was very enjoyable to work with and very positive through all phases of rehabilitation.
Sep 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
I came to Dr Fotuhi for concussion-related problems. In a short time, I have seen improvements to the amount of material I can read, and my word-finding abilities are much improved. I highly recommend Dr Fotuhi and his staff.
Sep 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Absolutely amazing! The best doctor among all I had during a difficult ordeal in my life...
Sep 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
I was recommended to visit NeuroGrow, due to having difficulty with my anxiety level as well as my memory and concentration. Dr. Fotuhi spent an hour understanding my concerns and suggested multiple options; which made me feel that he cares about his patients. He recommended the 12-week program, which would aid me with gaining sharper memory, heightened focus, better sleep, and reduce my stress/anxiety. The program incorporates brain mapping, tests, brain coaching sessions, and neurofeeback. I have truly enjoyed learning the techniques and practices the coaches provided to me. The staff is excellent, supportive, friendly, and they are always willing to assist you with any concerns. The wonderful program and the quality care have helped me a lot. With coaching and trainings, my memory and concentration have significantly improved. Likewise, my stress level has declined drastically. I would definitely recommend Dr. Fotuhi and the NeuroGrow team.
Jul 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Dr Fotuhi came recommended by another Dr as I was experiencing horrible chemo brain after my cancer treatment. I was having trouble finding words and having horrible memory issues. I even had issues reading numbers and just basic sentences. Everything looked like a word search to me. I completed the program at Neurogrow Brain Fitness and my cognitive scores soared compared to what they were when I started. I felt more confident in speaking and my ability to retrieve words to be able to convey my message and I was able to actually dial a number correctly again on the phone and not jumble up words. When I returned almost a year later fir a follow up, my scores were even higher than they were after my completion and I can tell I’m still benefitting from Dr. Fotuhi’s treatment. He has an excellent staff and I highly recommend him and his practice.
Andrea in Potomac, MD – Jun 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
When I came to Dr. Fotuhi, I had sustained a terrible concussion from being hit by a drunk driver. Every day tasks had become laborious, if not impossible. Forming full sentences and concentrating on simple tasks were extremely difficult! He and his skilled staff worked with me and brought me back to my laughing, smiling self. I am grateful for their patience, kindness and expertise! You all are AWESOME!!! Love, S.S. in Woodbride Va.
Apr 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
I went to Dr. Fotuchi because I was having some difficulty with memory, anxiety and concentration.Dr. Fotuchi and his staff members made me feel extremely comfortable.They were patient, kind and very understanding as I went through this process.My memory and concentration have greatly improved, exceeding my personal expectations and my anxiety is gone.My success is a direct result of following Dr. Fotuchi's plan and his supportive staff.I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Fotuchi with no reservations.
Apr 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fotuhi?

I love seeing patients. Every patient has his/her own story. I enjoy learning not only about their symptoms but also about their life's history, their goals for the future, their hobbies, and what things are important to them. Patients are not just a...Read more

• Neurology
  • Electroencephalography (EEG)
  • Headache Medicine
  • Neurofeedback
  • Pediatric Neurology
  • Sleep Medicine (Psychiatry & Neurology)
  • Sports Psychiatry & Neurology

Johns Hopkins University, Doctoral Program In Neuroscience

• Farsi
  • French

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Fotuhi communicate via email?

Yes, 1 patient said they communicate via email

• Does Dr. Fotuhi offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Fotuhi offer an online patient portal?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Fotuhi have free onsite parking?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not have free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Fotuhi offer weekend visits?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer weekend visits

• Does Dr. Fotuhi offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Fotuhi offers evening visits