Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD

NeurologyMaleAge 58

Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD is a Neurology Specialist in McLean, VA. Dr. Fotuhi has more experience with Headache than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities Howard County General Hospital and Suburban Hospital. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Fotuhi to book an appointment.

Dr. Fotuhi

NeuroGrow Brain Fitness Center

8280 Greensboro Dr Ste 240 McLean, VA 22102
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neurology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Fotuhi is affiliated with Howard County General Hospital Columbia, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for neurology.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Stroke Care Excellence Award™ See hospitals

2 board actions Found
  • Injudicious Prescribing (7/1/2020)View details
  • Injudicious Prescribing (5/26/2020)View details
No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Frequently Treated by Dr. Fotuhi

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Fotuhi treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Fotuhi treats other conditions, please contact the office at (703) 462-9296.

Headache

Headache is a common symptom that can sometimes signal a more serious condition, such as migraine, high blood pressure, or cerebral hemorrhage.Compare with other Headache specialists.

Dr. Fotuhi is experienced in the area of Headache. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 6 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Dr. Fotuhi
Similar Providers
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Migraine
Headache
Normal
High
Very High

Check Dr. Fotuhi's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Fotuhi's conditions and procedures:

• Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Attention Problems
  • Autonomic Disorders
  • Bell's Palsy
  • Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response Test
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chronic Dizziness (After Head Trauma)
  • Chronic Pain
  • Cognitive Assessment
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Cognitive Function Testing
  • Nystagmus
  • Peripheral Neuropathy Testing
  • Pituitary Tumor
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Quantitative Sensory Test (QST)
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Vitamin B Deficiency
  • Vitamin B12 Deficiency
  • Wada Test

Dr. Fotuhi accepts

Dr. Fotuhi accepts the following insurance:

Select

0.8620689655172413%
0.8620689655172413%
2.586206896551724%

Dr. Fotuhi?
  • Office environment (95)
  • Staff friendliness (93)
  • Listened & answered questions (92)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (8)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (7)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (7)
When I first entered Dr. Fotuhi's clinic, I truly believed that I was suffering from an early case of dementia. I had serious issues with short-term memory, concentration and cognitive abilities that had been on the decline over the years. After being on Dr. Fotuhi's program for only 6 weeks and following his simple recommendations for lifestyle changes, I underwent a massive transformation. My memory and concentration improved significantly and suddenly I felt as sharp as I was in my 20s. He has created an excellent program and I was lucky enough to benefit from it. The staff at the clinic are all very professional and helpful. I recommend Dr. Fotuhi to everyone seeking to improve their memory, concentration and overall brain function.
Jun 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
I love coming here. The staff is amazing and they are so friendly and welcoming. I came here for a concussion recovery and I have noticed a tremendous increase in my neurocognitive skills. I highly recommend NeuroGrow to my friends, family, and anyone who wants to boost their brain. I am a completely different person than when I originally started and love the person I have become. I can’t thank all of the brain coaches, the neurofeedback technicians, the front desk, and Dr. Fotuhi for all of their hard work.
May 21, 2021
Amazing doctor I highly recommend
Ilham – May 21, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
This practice is AMAZING. I came here to seek some help for my 16 year old daughter who has ADHD and anxiety. Before we started at Neurogrow she had some very bad behavior and I we we truly worried what would become of her future. We have just completed the 12-week program and the transformation is remarkable. She is off all of her meds, she cares about school, her grades have improved dramatically, and her future is now very brave. This may sound dramatic, but I honestly believe that Neurogrow may have saved my daughter’s life. (And I say “we” because through this process I realized that I could use some memory help, so we did the program together, and it was awesome.) If you are even considering doing this program, run, don’t walk to the phone and get scheduled ASAP!!!!
Amanda – May 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
I highly recommend Dr Fotuhi and his staff of brain coaches. I found this treatment to be an excellent way to eliminate Symptoms of post concussion syndrome. I went from having trouble regulating emotions, poor short term memory, poor executive function, inability to sleep deeply and constant daily headaches back to my normal state of joyful, motivated, memory working, ability to make decisions and plan, visualize. I am so grateful for everything I have received. If you need hope for brain health and healing, come here. You will not be disappointed.
M Fowler – May 07, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Dr. Fotuhi is an amazing neurologist and I am very happy with everything he has done for me. I am very happy with the results I have received thus far. He really understands the financial stresses a patient might be dealing with which helps lessen the stress. He makes his patient feel like a person and not a number. I really enjoyed my two Brain Coaches, Hamayel and Emily. They were both very amazing to work with. They helped me with improving my scores and helped me feel more like myself. Most importantly, Hamayel and Emily, helped me gain a lot of confidence in myself, which I didn’t have before. I have seen improvement in my sleep, memory, anxiety, and dealing with my emotional heath. I would recommend both friends and family to come here to improve their anxiety, memory, sleep, and any neurocognitive skills they want to improve.
Apr 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Dr Majif Fotuhi if I could give 5000 stars, it would not be enough to express my appreciation for all you have done for me. In December 2019, I had a Brian injury. For 8 months, I was not able to live a normal life due to my head injury. I experienced confusion and was not able to comprehend things in a normal manner and had high blood pressure that kept me from being able to sleep. Unfortunately, I did not receive proper care from another clinic and was blessed when Dr. Milani referred me to you. You are incredible as I am now beginning to return to a more normal life. You not only have taken great care of my health, but also, you are very pleasant to speak with at every appointment. It’s rare to find a Doctor that combines such personal touches and care for a patient as a person with outstanding quality of medical care. I am so happy that I was accepted as your patient. You have a great Medical office. It has been a wonderful and warm experience from start to finish.
Ramin Shirazi – Apr 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Neuro Grow is such a great place! It is a great calming environment and NOT stressful. I love the Neurofeedback - it is awesome! You get to watch shows or a movie but at the same time you are working your brain. Also the brain coaches are pretty awesome and the logic games are really fun. I even bought one for myself off Amazon! My brain scores improved greatly. I would definitely recommend Neuro Grow. :)
  • Long wait times
Mar 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
My daughter had a great experience here. Nice staff, efficient and she liked going here. Dr. Fatuhi was knowledgeable and patient and explained things to us.
Mar 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
The staff, the brain coaches, are very helpful and friendly which is particularly important when you are trying to improve on a skill or skills that are worse than what you’d like. As well, if you don’t understand what the purpose of something you do here is then they are always happy to explain.
Andres Soler – Mar 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
I walked into this office with multiple concussions, symptoms of attention deficit disorder, anxiety, and feeling scattered. The staff here has supported me in my journey back to and exceeding my brain function. Having the ability to visualize and achieve my goals and ambitions is a priceless thing I thought I’d lost forever. Thank you NeuroGrow, for my life back.
Pedro Penzo – Mar 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
My child not only improved his memory, behavior and impulsivity, he thoroughly enjoyed his sessions here. His words: “fun, interactive, great staff, child friendly and too many good memories here to pick just one.” I have recommended NeuroGrow to friends and neighbors already.
Mar 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
The whole staff is amazing here! They ensure that everything goes smoothly for the patient prior to graduating. They are very patient and so pleasant to deal with!! I will definetly be back in the future and it will be sad not to see the staff every week like before. I had significant improvement from when I initially started. In fact, I had recommended them to my coworker and told her I never felt better in my mood up until now. Everyone noticed my change. I give them a 10/10!
Mar 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Simply put, Dr Fotuhi and his incredible team changed my life for the better. I was losing my ability to remember, and nearly cried the first time his staff gave me a preliminary cognitive desk because the results were so poor. And today, only six weeks later? I can easily remember a list of 100 random words. Easy!!! I've recommended him to others, and happily recommend him and his staff to you, too.
Feb 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Hamayel and Keller are two of the best people I could have worked with, they helped me a lot these past couple of months and with the guidance of Dr. Fotuhi I feel a lot better managing my ADHD and overall as a person.
Feb 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Amazing results I could be more grateful with Dr. Fotuhi and all the staff, you guys are great and really committed to each of the patients. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who has concentration/attention issues. Front staff desk are great too!
Dec 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Dr. Fotuhi and his staff are fantastic! Very helpful program (and encouragement from staff) as I recover from a brain injury. The facility is clean and everyone is careful with COVID. Brain coaches and Dr. Fotuhi are all warm, welcoming and encouraging. They are very understanding and reassuring as I’ve navigated my recovery. Highly recommend treatment here.
Dec 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Today (December 1, 2020) I graduated from NeuroGrow Brain Fitness Center. I was referred to Dr. Fotuhi by my pain management doctor to help me with the burning and painful migraines and lack of sleep from a car accident on February of 2019. I am so delighted to have my brain, sleep and life back. I felt lost for so long and they help me find my way back to a normal, healthy, happier life. Words cannot express how grateful and thankful I am to Dr. Fotuhi and his staff, (Tyler Phaneuf, my brain coach) for helping me heal my brain. I highly recommend NeuroGrow Brain Fitness Center for your cognitive needs. You must do the work though, it’s not magic. But very worth every minute of your time to have the success I have. I give Dr. Fotuhi and his staff 10 Stars and Diamonds!!!
Judy Go Wong – Dec 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
Dr. Fotuhi and his team took very good care of me. I felt better in just few weeks. Neurofeedback is a very impressive tool used by the doctor which also aided my recovery. I would highly recommend him to anyone who need a doctor who is knowledgeable and caring.
Prakhar – Nov 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?
To say that Dr. Fotuhi's program worked for me is an understatement. I suffered a TBI nearly 4.5 years ago. The first two years I was virtually untreated by workers comp. In August 2018, I started working in Dr. Fotuhi's 12 week concussion recovery program. While I didn't reach full cognitive capacity until today, which shows even the best programs do not have a straight-line path to recovery. Hard works pays off. The team at NeuroGrow is outstanding. It is essential to your recovery that you understand that you are part of the team too. When everyone does their job, great results are possible. I strongly support NeuroGrow and have completely endorsed them by recommending family, friends and work colleagues to see him. I can't say enough. Thank you.
Aug 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Majid Fotuhi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fotuhi?

I love seeing patients. Every patient has his/her own story. I enjoy learning not only about their symptoms but also about their life's history, their...Read more

A Harvard- and Johns Hopkins-trained neurologist and neuroscientist, Dr. Fotuhi is widely regarded as an authority in the field of memory, Alzheimer's...Read more

• Neurology
  • Electroencephalography (EEG)
  • Headache Medicine
  • Neurofeedback
  • Pediatric Neurology
  • Sleep Medicine (Psychiatry & Neurology)
  • Sports Psychiatry & Neurology