Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Majed Al-Hamwi, MD
Dr. Majed Al-Hamwi, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Valparaiso, IN. He is 42 years old. Dr. Al-Hamwi is affiliated with Indiana University Health La Porte Hospital and Indiana University Health Starke Hospital.

1551 Sturdy Rd

Valparaiso, IN 46383

• Sagamore Health Network

Learn about Dr. Al-Hamwi

Dr. Al-Hamwi's Experience

Dr. Al-Hamwi's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Bronchitis
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Emphysema

• Abscess Incision and Drainage
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Joint Injection
  • Physical Examination
  • Spirometry
  • Urinalysis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

Education data for Dr. Al-Hamwi is unavailable at this time.

Dr. Al-Hamwi has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Al-Hamwi does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Al-Hamwi and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Al-Hamwi's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Al-Hamwi to family and friends
Dr. Al-Hamwi's Performance
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Al-Hamwi is a caring ,honest physician. I recommend him as a primary care physician.
in crown point, in |
A+ doctor, internal medicine, really knows about everything. A very very caring doctor that listens and helps. Almost always get in immediately. The whole staff is so nice, helpful and friendly. I recommend to all my friends and family and are now seeing him. If you want a good doctor that cares and fixes, Doc Alhamwi should be your choice. Just FYI internal medicine doctors know a whole bunch more.
in Knox, IN |
Dr. Al-Hamwi is a true blessing to Starke County. He has taken care of me and my handicapped son for the past two years. He is very knowledgeable, personable, trustworthy and caring. He treats not only the illness but the person. Dr. Al-Hamwi is not afraid to refer a patient to a specialist when the illness/disease is out of his expertise. I would not trust the care of my son to anyone else.
in Hebron, IN |
Dr. Al-Hamwi is a caring and compassionate physician. We talk about what I can do to be active in my health care before randomly handing out drugs like other doctors I have seen over the years. he establishes a goal oriented procedure (tests) and informs me of the direction we are trying to go. I would recommend him anybody looking for a competent and modern medicine doctor.
Knox,Indiana |
I have told friends and family about how caring and knowledgeable Dr Al-Hamwi is. I now have several family members who have switched to Dr Al
in Knox ind |
I HAVE & do find dr al-hamwi not only knowledgeable BUT truly concerned about the whole patient which is almost a lost art in the medical professional today. The entire staff is outstanding.
in Knox, IN |
I'm 77 years old and have been to many doctors in my life. I have never had a better doctor! I am so grateful he came to the small town of Knox. He's very informative, down to earth and most importantly won't just write a script to get you out of the the office. He takes the time to find out what's really wrong and shows genuine concern for his patients. I recommend him to everyone I talk to! Great job Dr Al!
in Knox, IN |
Very down to earth Keeps things real. I like that he is not a "pill pusher". He encourages you to make changes instead of popping a pill.
in Knox IN |
I have had better care in the past year since I started with him than I had at the visits at the end of my last doctor. I feel more confident in my health at this time.
in North Judson, IN |
I have been seeing Dr. Al-Hamwi for over a year. I learned of him after reading a review. I had just moved and needed a doctor. I called and was able to see him the same day. I do not think I have waited longer than 10 minutes before being seen. The doctor is excellent very easy to talk to and is very thorough. The office staff is excellent. You certainly can tell that he takes a great interest in his patients and the nice part he also remembers who you are. I recommend him highly.
Ashtabula, OH |
Wonderful Doctor.
Thank you for responding! I enjoy having you as my patient!
in Knox, IN |
I feel that Dr. Al-Hamwi is the best doctor I have ever had. He is caring, friendly, and very thorough. Dr. Al-Hamwi has never rushed through any of my appointments, displaying great patience in answering all questions that I have, and encouraging me to do research on my own to learn about my body, if I feel the need. He has a great sense of humor, and never gives the impression of arrogance or of being intimidated if I question what he has said, as is typical of so many doctors.
in Knox, iN |
Dr Al-Jamie is very thorough explaining all procedures, labs, results of tests, and health conditions in terms one can understand. I've never felt rushed during my visits. I feel comfortable asking questions and concerns that I have because he's never arrogant or judgmental. Instead he is friendly and easy going. However one can not BS him and I've tried. Lol. Most importantly he may not tell you what you want to hear, but will tell you what NEED to hear.
Wonderful Doctor!!
North Judson, In |
Wonderful doctor and staff! Glad we have a great doctor in Starke County that is willing to go above and beyond for his patience! He doesn't want to just give out medication just for anything! He wants to help you solve your problems!
in Winamac, IN |
Caring, compassionate and thorough. Dr. Al-Hamwi and his staff strive to put you at ease while maintaining a high level of professionalism. A true asset to the community - Integrity - so aptly named.
in Knox, Indiana |
Love him and his staff, they make you feel very comfortable. He very knowledgeable, takes his time with you and is very thorough. When you call you can almost always get in that day or the next. I would definitely recommend this Doctor.
Knox, IN |
Great doctor!
in North Judson Indiana |
Dr. Al-Hamwi is a great physician. I feel very comfortable with him and he listens to all my concerns with interest. He has a great sense of humor and I enjoy him as a person and a great physician!
in North Judson, IN |
I love how Dr. Al is honest with me. He lets you know the truth and what will happen in detail and he sets reachable goals for every patient. I recommend everyone I know to him.
in Knox, IN |
Been here at Dr. Al-Hamwi office several times in the past few months, there is everything you would want in an office visit. Easy and fast to get into, clean office, nice staff & most of all for me he explains everything in terms anybody can understand.
in Knox, IN |
he is a great doctor he actually listen to me and is very understanding i like his whole staff i have been to a lot of doctors but Dr.Al-Hamwi is one of the few that doesn't throw pills at the problem but actually finds out what the problem is.
in Knox |
Inspirational, informative, and respectful he is the best thing that has happened to Starke Co
in Knox, In |
I'm so glad that he has decided to take up practice here in Knox, he has helped me in a lot of ways ... I've lost weight while under his care, no other doctor has been able to .... He takes his time with each and every one of his patience, very nice and his staff is amazing!
in Knox, In |
Dr alhamwi is the best doctor ever. He will treat you, care, go above and beyond to see you and make sure you are taken care of, and joke around. I like a doctor who can be serious and make me laugh. My family and friends now see him too. The staff from the front to the back care about you and your family. Wish everyone was so caring like dr and his staff.
in Knox, In |
Awesome dr and staff. Everyone has been so nice to me and my family. I have COPD, and can now breathe better, thanks to Dr. ALHAMWI. he knows his stuff. No other dr can compare to dr alhamwi! I can see Dr alhamwi the same day I call. Best office staff and Dr around.
in Knox, IN |
I started to see Dr. Al-Hamwi just over a year ago. I am so happy I made the change. He has taken the time to listen to me and knows exactly how to address my health issues. He has great knowledge and compassion. The medical staff is wonderful, cheerful and efficient. I have recommended Dr. Al-Hamwi to my family and friends because I trust him to know just what to do and how to treat them. He 's great in my book!
North Judson, IN |
I am a new Patient (6 months) Dr.Al-Hamwi is very knowledgeable. He is a friendly docter, his staff goes above and beyond for my concerns.
Charleston, IL |
Dr is very considerate and knowledgeable. His staff is amazing. Always very helpful and friendly. His nurse Jamie is really nice..
in medaryville |
The doctor and his staff have always been good treating me .and if I am sick they do there best to get me in soon as they can to see the doctor.
in Knox, IN |
One of the best doctors my husband and I have ever been to. He takes time to listen to you and answer whatever questions you may have. Very friendly and the nurses and staff are awesome as well! I have referred Dr Al-Hamwi to quite a few of my friends and will continue to do so!
Excellent doctor. Dr. Al-Hamwi takes the time to get on a personal level with his patients and really makes them feel at home or as family. He is genuinely concerned about his patients. and the staff is phenomenal! They also make you feel right at home and take care of your needs. I would recommend Dr. Al-Hamwi over anyone else.
in Knox |
He takes the time to listen to your concerns, he gives you options and opinions and works with you on which treatment will benefit you. He is very honest and straight forward and Very knowledgeable. I am glad I have chosen him as my primary care physician.
Office is very unethical.
in Indiana |
He is amazing. I finally found a Doctor Who will actually take the time to explain things
Have you seen Dr. Majed Al-Hamwi, MD?

Visit Dr. Al-Hamwi