Dr. Maia Chakerian, MD

Dr. Maia Chakerian, MD

Anesthesiology  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Maia Chakerian, MD is an anesthesiology specialist in Los Gatos, CA and has been practicing for 30 years. She specializes in anesthesiology and pain medicine.Read her story

Dr. Maia U. Chakerian, MD

14601 S Bascom Ave Ste 240

Los Gatos, CA 95032

• Health Net
  • Three Rivers Provider Network
  • TriWest Champus

Learn about Dr. Chakerian

Dr. Chakerian's Experience

Dr. Chakerian's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Anesthesiology
  • Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Chakerian's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Chakerian "While studying anthropology at Pomona College in Southern California, I spent a semester abroad in Kenya, in East Africa. There, I met a wonderful and inspiring Dutch physician, who made it his life's mission to work in developing countries, bringing nutritional education to women and children. He was very inspiring to me, and I returned to complete my undergraduate education, with the idea of becoming a doctor. Upon graduation from Pomona, I returned to my home state of New Mexico, and attended UNM School of Medicine. I had originally thought I would become a primary care physician in a rural area of the state, but I found that I had a particular talent and love for surgery. I entered the surgical training program, and was accepted into the plastic surgery residency as well. However, not everything in life is without its challenges, and the plastic surgery program unexpectedly closed before I had completed my training. I decided to take another path, and switched to a training program in anesthesiology. There, I first was exposed to the subspecialty of pain management. This seemed to be the perfect blend of technical expertise and ongoing patient care, which I missed from my previous life as a surgical resident. I decided to pursue this as my calling. After completing my anesthesiology residency, I attended what was then the oldest and one of the most respected Pain Management training programs, at the University of Washington in Seattle. During that fellowship training, I became exposed to a rigorous psychological and rehabilitation approach to pain management, which helped to round out my knowledge and expertise with dealing with the pain patient. Following completion of my fellowship, I returned to California to teach at UC San Diego. My proudest accomplishments there include influencing some of the residents to pursue pain management as a career, and to author the application to the American College of Graduate Medical Education which resulted in accreditation of the Pain Fellowship program at UCSD. This program has now trained many distinguished professionals. I moved to the Bay Area in 1994, where I have two offices. The oldest is in Los Gatos, and the newest is in Menlo Park. My personal interests include cooking, gardening, wine, music, and travel."

This content was provided by Dr. Chakerian "I have been caring for chronic pain and cancer pain patients in Los Gatos, CA since 1992, and am Board-Certified in Anesthesiology with Added Qualifications in Pain Medicine. I offer full service pain management, from medication management to interventional pain procedures, including implanted spinal stimulators and pumps.  We have an active clinical research team, using the very newest therapies for pain.

My Menlo Park, CA office specializes in providing personalized care, taking as much time as needed with each patient in a relaxing, peaceful environment.  Psychological pain management services are available onsite, in addition to full-service medical/interventional pain management techniques."

• Anesthesiology

• Lumbar Medial Branch Radiofrequency Neurotomy
  • Lumbar Puncture
  • Lumbar Selective Nerve Root Block
  • Lumbar Transforaminal Injection
  • Minimally Invasive Lumbar Decompression (MILD)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Stellate Ganglion Block
  • Synvisc® Injection
  • Thoracic Epidural Steroid Injection
  • Thoracic Facet Joint Injection

No malpractice history found for California.

• Pomona Coll
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1988
  • University Of Washington
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1992

• Outstanding Clinical Service UCSD Dept of Anesthesiology, 1994

Dr. Chakerian has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chakerian does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chakerian and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chakerian's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chakerian to family and friends

Dr. Chakerian's Performance

Dr. Chakerian Says:

We strive to provide the highest quality care at all times, and to respond to all patients' concerns.  The field of pain management is often complicated by conflicting issues: adequate pain control versus potential addiction to medications.  We are governed and monitored closely by state and local agencies to make sure that we are doing everything we can to keep patients safe and to obey all the federal and state laws.

Dr. Chakerian is a truly helpful and empathetic professional. I have been to other pain management specialists to help manage my chronic pelvic pain. Dr. Chakerian has gone above and beyond all the rest. I appreciate her thoughtfulness and thorough medical knowledge as well as her ability tailor...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Caring, honest, responsible with follow-up care. Places patient's needs first! She has been my doctor for more 10 years. I would never change her care for anyone else. Extremely patient in managing health insurance loops & challenges. Outstanding!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Had to wait 3 wks for the doctor to read paperwork my Chiropractor's office sent in. Then had to wait another week to get in to see the doctor. I had met my deductible for the year so the procedure could have been covered entirely by my insurance, but it took her office staff 8 weeks to get the...more
Are you Dr. Chakerian?