Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD

General Surgery •  Female • Age 48

Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD is a general surgery specialist in The Woodlands, TX and has been practicing for 17 years. She specializes in general surgery, breast surgery, and more.

Mahsa Mossadegh, MD

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mossadegh

Dr. Mossadegh?
Dr. Mossadegh's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD
Having to visit a surgeon is not something to look forward to. By the time I finished the first office visit, Dr Mossadegh and her staff made me feel I had made the right decision. They were warm, friendly, confident and professional. AFTER surgery, which was breast, I am even more pleased with her. I felt like I was her only patient. So personal and caring. I highly recommend Dr Mossadegh for any and all surgical needs.
Donna M Oppliger – Jan 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
Dr. Mossadegh was recommended by my Primary Care doctor for on umbilical hernia. After the exam, we discussed treatment, including surgery. My challenge was to fit in surgery/recovery in light of my daughter's upcoming breast cancer surgery. Dr Mossadegh & her team were truly kind & compassionate & jumped through hoops to fit me into surgery the very next day. She's a reassuring, caring professional who didn't rush through the consultation at all. Her wonderful sense of humor put me & my family at ease. Pre-surgery, she took time to simply explain the procedure. Most importantly, her surgical work is an art! She placed the incision & stitched so intricately as to leave virtually no wound. Day 2, my daughter & I could barely tell where the incision was (she skillfully hid it in my belly button!). By Day 4, I was off pain meds & healing nicely. I heartily recommend Dr Mossadegh. She's someone you'd want in your circle of friends & confidantes, as she'd go the extra mile for you.
Gretchen LeGalley – Oct 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
Dr. Mossadegh performed a hernia surgery for me and I can't say enough about how grateful I am for her her care. The entire experience was great and I highly recommend her for any surgical procedures. Thank you so much.
Ronnie Coufal – Oct 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
Dr. Mossadegh was one of the Kindest and most thorough Doctors I have ever met. She made my family and I feel very comfortable and took her time explaining the procedure that I was to have along with what to expect before and after my surgery. This was the first surgery I had since giving birth years ago so I was quite nervous, however, she made me feel completely at ease. I would highly recommend her and her staff for a job well done!
Marilyn E Ford – Oct 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
Dr. Mossadegh is an excellent doctor! She is very personable and listens to your concerns. She went above and beyond her duties, removing my gallbladder, to get to the bottom of the abdominal pain I was experiencing after giving birth, which my former OBGYN had dismissed the pain as no longer his problem. She did a wonderful job on stitching me back together and my incisions are healing beautifully.
JNes – Oct 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
She deserves a 10. Thank you for your kindness, excellent attention and professionalism.
Antuaneth M. – Aug 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
I can’t say enough about Dr. Mossadegh. I was seen within 48 hours and had surgery scheduled for an infected sebaceous cyst Dr Mossadegh is kind, friendly and put me at ease. Her credentials speak for themselves.
Allison Newman – Jul 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
Dr. Mossadegh's office was very friendly, helpful and took a genuine interest in my situation. Dr. Mossadegh was very willing to talk with me, answer all my questions and asked many questions herself to grasp the history of my condition. She scheduled surgery for the next day, a Saturday and old me all she planned to do. She inspired confidence and I felt I had come to the right doctor. he visited daily in post op and kept me informed. Great choice for a surgeon!
Stuart Ormsbee – Jul 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
I don't want any other surgeon other than Dr. Mossadegh. She treats her patients with dignity and integrity. She is very thorough regarding each patient's medical case. She doesn't treat you as if you are on some medical conveyor belt (meaning everyone is under one medical umbrella). She listens to YOU as well as making the most appropriate medical judgement for your particular issue. She is a spiritual being as well as a great physician. I just love her, and if I ever need any type of surgery in the future, I will adamantly request her services.
FRANCE L BYNUM in HOUSTON, TX – Jun 25, 2019
She was Awesome!
Jeanne in Conroe , TX – Jun 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
Dr. Mossadegh did a fantastic job repairing my inguinal hernia. She diagnosed it quickly and worked with the hospital to find the quickest and least expensive option for getting the emergency surgery scheduled. She had a terrific bedside manner as well. She explained exactly what the issue was and how she planned to correct it.
Bill Laurence in Spring, TX – May 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
What an excellent doctor! Dr. Mossadegh was knowledgeable and personable, professional but caring and friendly. She took the time to answer all of my questions and to explain what to expect before, during and after surgery. I would highly recommend her to anyone who needs an outstanding surgeon.
Gay Tharp, REALTOR in The Woodlands, TX – Apr 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
I was quite pleased with Dr. Mossadegh's friendly, approachable manner, her careful explanation of what would be done during the surgery, and what to expect during the recovery period. Her team handled all scheduling and insurance matters and let me know just what I had to do on my part. The day of surgery went like clockwork and I was back home in just a few hours. I had surprisingly little pain and was back to my office in a few days. I highly recommend Dr. Mossadegh.
Robert, male age 67 in The Woodlands, TX – Apr 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
She and her staff were Amazing...! This was a very goo experience considering the procedure I had. I appreciate how they took care of me.
Michael Zumbrennen in Humble , TX – Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
Dr. Mossadegh is a very sweet and personable doctor. She genuinely cares for her patients.
Aaron in Pinehurst, TX – Mar 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
Dr. Mossadegh is a very kind and compassionate person, and a patient doctor who never made me feel like she was in a hurry to be done with me. I would most definitely recommend her to anyone.
Lisa Hinson in The Woodlands, TX – Mar 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
I have already recommended her! She is warm, knowledgeable, easy to talk with. She is very competent and makes things as easy as possible for you.
Tomball, TX – Mar 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
February 19, 2019, I had surgery to repair my Umbilical Hernia by Dr. Mossadegh. I rate Dr. Mossadegh seven stars! Her attention prior to and follow-up after surgery is unsurpassed. If you need surgery, want a surgeon sensitive and attentive to your concerns, you should consider Dr. Mossadegh. I highly recommend her.
none – Feb 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
Dr. Mossadegh was very professional and friendly. Was very personable and was very present with answering all my questions. Her office staff was very nice and very reliable in ensuring everything was handled before my procedure. The day of my procedure, Dr. Mossadegh came in and answered all mine and my wife's questions. I was very informed from the entire staff at the Methodist Hospital. I have had no setbacks in my after care. I was very impressed with the whole experience.
Randy G. in Kingwood, TX – Feb 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?
Dr Mossadegh was very professional, but at the same time, very down to earth. She took her time, answered all our questions, being very thorough in explaining surgery procedure along with what to expect after. This was my first surgery in my 68 years so I was a little nervous, she made me feel calm about my surgery. After surgery she immediately came out to speak with my wife and daughter to put their mind at ease that all went well. I would 100% recommend you go see Dr Mossadegh ! Tim M
Tim in Conroe , TX – Feb 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahsa Mossadegh, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mossadegh?

Dr. Mossadegh accepts

Dr. Mossadegh accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Humana Health Plan of Texas
Medicare
MetLife
Principal Financial Group

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Mossadegh's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Ulcerative Colitis
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Wound Repair

When I graduated medical school at The Ohio State University, my mother, who was a registered nurse, gave me some advice. She said that her wish for me as I entered the exciting field of medicine is simply to "treat every woman as if they are your mo...

• General Surgery

1998
Ohio State U, College of Medicine

• Arabic
  • Farsi

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Mossadegh treats patients.

HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood

83% Patient experience rating, 14% higher than the national average

Memorial Hermann Healthcare System - Southwest

Houston, TX

73% Patient experience rating, 4% higher than the national average

• Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2018)
  • General Surgery Excellence Award™ (2018)

Memorial Hermann Northeast Hospital

Humble, TX

72% Patient experience rating, 3% higher than the national average

• Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018)

Memorial Hermann The Woodlands Hospital

Shenandoah, TX
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2018)
  • General Surgery Excellence Award™ (2018)