Dr. Mahmood Solaiman, MD

Dr. Mahmood Solaiman, MD

Gastroenterology | Male | 55 years old

My approach in seeing and treating patients is that its a collaboration and joint decision on the approach we take. I try to make sure every patient has an opportunity to ask any questions so they dont leave the office without a clear understanding of the impression and plan. I strongly believe in patient education and encourage research online and by other sources.Read more

Personal Bio

Advanced training from a leading gastroenterology program. "When I did my gastroenterology rotations in medical school, I liked that we...Read more

Dr. Solaiman's Experience

See how Dr. Solaiman's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Solaiman

Dr. Solaiman accepts 21 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Solaiman has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Solaiman's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Solaiman to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Solaiman
Dr. Solaiman's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (29)
in Columbia, MD |
Overall good experience. Easy getting scheduled for a time convenient for me, very little wait time,friendly staff, and everything explained clearly.
in Elkridge, MD |
Excellent experience. Great, professional staff. Quick procedure.
in Ellicott City, MD |
Friendly and efficient staff, plus Dr. Solaiman was a pleasure to deal with. He answered all my questions during a visit prior to my procedure and explained everything very thoroughly, while easing any concerns.
Laurel, MD |
I have been a patient of Dr. Solaimon for about eight years. At each consultation or procedure, I have received treatment that is performed in a respectful and patient manner. Dr. Solaimon takes time to answer questions and make sure that I understand his recommendations and the results of any tests. The office staff are courteous and helpful.
in Columbia, MD |
Dr. Solaiman and his entire team are caring, professional, reassuring and thorough. I found the experience to be of the highest medical care.
in Elkridge, MD |
I have always found the doctor and his staff to be very caring, friendly & willing to answer any questions I have. I am usually vey nervous and they always put me at ease.
in Highland, MD |
Very friendly and fully answers all questions.
in Laurel, MD |
The way they conducted their business was very professional. They were patient and addressed all my questions and concerns.
in Laurel, MD |
Dr. Solaiman is very straightforward about diagnosis, but I feel he is caring about patients. He takes enough time to explain medication condition.
in Columbia, MD |
Dr. Solaiman and Dr, Wei are OUTSTANDING AND WONDERFU!. They are considerate, concerned, and explain all that a patient needs to know. Nurse Em was EXCELLENT as well. The staff and the facility are Top Notch in every way. Dr. Solaiman even made it a point to get back to me with the results of the biopsy before the start of the 4th of July weekend so that I would'nt be worried. In this day and age, a person couldn't ask for more! - Nick C.
He was very pleasant and reassuring. He answered all of my questions with strait forward and honest answers.
in Columbia, MD |
Dr Solaiman was very straight forward from my first visit about what my is going on with my problem and address it that same week of my visit,after my procedure was done he explained everything to myself and my daughter and the medication that he prescribe for me,so far am feeling much better than i felt in months,thanks doc and may god continue to give you that knowledge to help each and everyone you come in contact with,thanks
in Columbia, MD |
Personable yet direct and effective.
in Columbia, MD |
Got me in to see the doctor very quickly. Dr. Solaiman included me in my care, by giving me several options for my care . Dr Solaiman personally called me with my test results and carefully explained my new course of treatment. Not happy with the fact that they can code tests to get the maximum from insurance companies,insteading of coding them the way they should have been ordered.
Have you seen Dr. Mahmood Solaiman, MD?
Are you Dr. Solaiman?

Compare Dr. Solaiman

Dr. Solaiman says...

Advanced training from a leading gastroenterology program.

"When I did my gastroenterology rotations in medical school, I liked that we were able to solve problems for patients andhelp them feel better, often right away. Once I decided to specialize in gastroenterology, I set about getting the best possibleeducation at SUNY Health Science Center at Brooklyn. The school's gastroenterology program is one of the most clinically intensive in the country and prepared me to give my patients complete, high-quality care for their digestive health concerns.

"Compassionate, patient-centered care."I know that when you need to see a gastroenterologist, you might be worried about your health or nervous about a test orprocedure. I do all I can to set your mind at ease. I'll always take time to talk with you about your situation and answer all yourquestions. I want you to be informed about your health and to feel as comfortable as possible during your care with us."

Dr. Solaiman has lived in Maryland most of his life. He enjoys sports, the latest technology, art and, most importantly,spending time with his wife and their two children.

Dr. Solaiman's Care Philosophy

My approach in seeing and treating patients is that its a collaboration and joint decision on the approach we take.  I try to make sure every patient has an opportunity to ask any questions so they dont leave the office without a clear understanding of the impression and plan.  I strongly believe in patient education and encourage research online and by other sources.

Dr. Solaiman says...

I have been practicing for more than 20 years so I have extensive experience in the common gastrointestinal disorders.  In addition I have maintained my board certification in gastroenterology, which requires ongoing education and testing.

Dr. Solaiman says...

Procedures performed include the following:

Colonoscopy

Upper Endoscopy (EGD) Esophagogastroduodenoscopy.

Sigmoidoscopy

Non surgical treatment of hemorrhoids, hemorrhoidal banding.

Capsule Endoscopy of the small intestine, i.e. PillCam Sbo.

ERCP, Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangio Pancreatography.

PEG, Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy.

I started my training in 1992 and have been in practice for more than 20 years, so I have a long and extensive experience, and have performed well over 20 thousand, and stopped counting many years ago.

I have extensive experience with hospitalized patients requiring complicated high risk procedures as well the routine outpatient screening colonoscopies.

Dr. Solaiman's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Gastroenterology
  •  Board certified in Gastroenterology

Dr. Solaiman has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Maryland.

Why It Matters: Dr. Solaiman's Board Certifications

• Esophagitis
  • Gallstones
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroenterologic Cancer (Colon, Stomach, Esophageal, Liver)
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Other Education
    Johns Hopkins Certificate In Business Of Health Care

Completed in 1997

• Bengali

Dr. Solaiman does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Solaiman and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Gastroenterology

• Anoscopy
  • Bile Duct Procedure
  • Biliary Drainage
  • Capsule Endoscopy
  • Colon Cancer Screening
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoid Banding
  • Infrared Coagulation (IRC) Hemorrhoid Removal
  • Non-Surgical Treatment of Hemorrhoids
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)