Dr. Maher Abu-Hamdan, MD

Dr. Maher Abu-Hamdan, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat  |
Dr. Maher Abu-Hamdan, MD is an ear, nose, and throat doctor who practices in South Bend, IN. He is 39 years old.

6301 University Commons Ste 360

South Bend, IN 46635

• Elderplan
  • Guardian
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Abu-Hamdan

See how frequently Dr. Abu-Hamdan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Head and Neck Surgery
Laryngitis
Nosebleed

Dr. Abu-Hamdan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Abu-Hamdan "Provide state-of-the-art medical care for our patients in a friendly, compassionate and professional setting."

• Ear, Nose, and Throat

• Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hearing Loss
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Jaw Fracture
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Thyroid Cancer
  • Voice Disorders

• Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Abscess or Cyst Drainage or Aspiration
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ear Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Excision or Destruction of Palate or Uvula Lesion
  • Glossectomy
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Tonsillectomy
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Detroit Medical Center

Dr. Abu-Hamdan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Abu-Hamdan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Abu-Hamdan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Abu-Hamdan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Abu-Hamdan to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Abu-Hamdan's Performance
Mishawaka, IN |
Listened to my history, explained a plan of care
in Mishawaka, IN |
I recently had to see Dr. Abu-Hamdan for some sinus issues. I ended up needing a CT, and they were able to immediately get approval from my insurance company. They had their own CT scanner down the hall and he performed the scan himself and explained the results. He was very knowledgeable, personable, and did an excellent job of explaining my options and answering my questions. You can tell that he genuinely cares about his patients, and I highly recommend Dr. Abu-Hamdan.
Granger, IN |
I've seen 5 different ENT surgeons over a span of 4 states and Dr. Hamdan was knowledgeable, attentive and one of the best I've seen by far.
in Elkhart, IN |
I was referred to Dr. Abu-Hamdan because of my chronic sinusitis. The nurses & staff were great but Dr. Abu-Hamdan was not. From the moment he walked in, it was clear that he did not want to be there. He looked at my sinuses and then ordered a CT scan. When I told him that I didn't want to do a CT scan (I had just had a CT scan of my abdomen 2 weeks prior & I couldn't afford it) he told his nurse I was dealing with migraines (he didn't even acknowledge me & I was standing right there). BAD!
Very nice and reassuring!
Granger, IN |
I followed my family Dr's advice and saw Dr. Hamdan and I'm happy I did. I believe these negative reviews to be very misleading, Dr. Hamdan has excellent bed side manners and I always felt I'm getting the best care possible. I think he is a smart doctor and I really like in particular that he is not very aggressive in treating the condition, he offered me all possible treatment options instead of just booking me for surgery.
in South Bend, IN |
I highly recommend Dr. Abu Hamdan! He has taken excellent care of my twins daughters & son without any complications. Very grateful for his services and care!
Mishawaka, IN |
I left his office in tears after my 1st appointment for a tumor. He stuck a tube down my nose and into my throat without telling me what he was doing or why. It was painful and I had to keep myself from grabbing his arm. He later did a biopsy which was painful and he did not get enough sample. I had to pay for it. During consultation I asked "what should I do?". He said "You should be paranoid and use the internet to find the best surgeon you can". Not helpful, inappropriate, and uncaring!
South Bend IN |
Terrible service. Completely unprofessional! Dr Abu-Hamdan neglected to show up the day of my son's surgery. He was apparently ill and notified noone. The office neglected to notify me as well. I was told a half hour after the surgery was scheduled that he was not coming. His office was completely noncaring of the situation. I was told "It's too bad you feel that way. I would trust him with my own kids" What reason do I have to trust this dr?
Granger, IN |
Dr. Abu-Hamdan made my young son feel comfortable before and after his surgery, while still providing me with all of the appropriate information. We will countinue to see Dr. Abu-Hamdan in the future.
in Granger, IN |
I waited 2 months to see the doctor and provided all of my history of dizziness and sinus issues to the practice. Although the nurse and other staff seemed appropriately thorough and cordial, Dr. Hamden rushed through his in-room visit with me, not seeming to dedicate appropriate time to understanding of my issues. He threw out a diagnosis of Miniere's and allergies with little discussion. Seemingly did not put much consideration into prescribing oral and nasal steroids.
Granger, IN |
Currently, I do not have any symptoms. However, I'm a patient with very complicated medical issues. Since the age of 3 I have had the following, hemangioma, cystic chygroma, and lymphangioma tumors. I have team of specialist at st. Vincent hospital in Indy but am looking for an ENT closer to home. When I explained that dr's don't know what causes these tumors he said, maybe it's not brushing your teeth well or eating spicy foods. It was the most asinine statement I've EVER heard.Total dissmisal
Goshen, IN |
I am very upset by how I was treated in his office today. He used 5 different instruments on me and did not explain what he was doing or why he was doing it. Before I knew what he was doing he had a tube running into my nose, down my throat and was painfully poking around my vocal cords! I told him it would be better to inform a patient before doing that. It was shocking and horribly painful. Never would I see this man again!
in South Bend, IN |
Very caring, explains everything & is just wonderful to the family & the patient. Takes the time to come in even after his hours are long over.
Have you seen Dr. Maher Abu-Hamdan, MD?
Are you Dr. Abu-Hamdan?