Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD

Pediatric Hematology & Oncology •  Male • Age 64

Dr. Patel

Mahendra C Patel MD PA

7711 Louis Pasteur Dr Ste 502 San Antonio, TX 78229

Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD is a Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Specialist in San Antonio, TX and has over 39 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from University Of Zambia School Of Med Lusaka Zambia medical school in 1981. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Patel to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Specialists in your area

See similar Pediatric Hematology-Oncology Specialists in San Antonio

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Patel accepts

Dr. Patel accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas
Blue Advantage HMO
Blue Choice
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Patel's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Anemia
  • Bleeding Disorders
  • Blood Disorders
  • Bone Cancer
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Neutropenia
  • Stomach Diseases
  • Thalassemia
  • von Willebrand Disease

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD...

Offer an online patient portal?

Have free onsite parking?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer weekend visits?

Communicate via email?

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Patel

4.2

Dr. Patel?
This was a follow-up visit after surgery I’ve been seeing Dr. Patel for two years he’s a conscientious and knowledgeable Dr and goes above and beyond I made calls into his office With questions he returned My calls promptly I highly recommend this doctor he will be there for you !
Dennis Saczynski – Jun 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
When my daughter was sick in 2015, I was at my wits end. Her pedi, and several other doctors couldn't explain why she kept getting recurring infections. Finally, her pedi (whom I love) ran her blood work. While she could have sent me to an immunologist, he first recommendation was Dr. Patel. She wanted him to look over my daughters blood work. And that was all it took. My daughter has been with him for over 3 years now, and doing GREAT!!
Jenn in San Antonio, TX – Jan 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
It was so hard to even find a pediatric hematologist for our daughter. We loved Dr. Patel. He explained everything to her and never hesitated to answer a question.
Melissa in TX – Nov 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
Dr Patel is an amazing Dr. you are immediately part of his family and he makes the kids smile even though they hurt all the time, Love Love Love Dr Patel ??
Tiffany in Fredericksburg , TX – Oct 27, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
If you could give negative stars I would. This man brain washes his patients families and an ego larger than Texas. It says he’s accepting new patients. Please, please do your research. This ended in loss for our family and I pray he never treats another child again.
Apr 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
My daughter was diagnosed with cancer when she was 8. Dr. Patel and his staff were very knowledgeable and caring. They became like family to us! Dr. Patel is brilliant, and humble. I am so thankful to the Lord Jesus for helping my daughter to be cancer-free, and for allowing us to find dear Dr. Patel! He worked hard to protect her body from the chemo. I am also very thankful to say that my daughter is married, and just had her first child! God is good!
Christy in San Antonio – Feb 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
Not Board Certified in Hematology and Oncology. Independent doctor. Board Certification is in Pediatrics not in his specialty. Strongly encourage patient parents to find another doctor. Very good groups in the SA area with multiple colleagues and board certifications. Clinic is outdated and questionably run.
HEMOC Parent in San Antonio – Jan 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel is by far one of the most educated physicians I have ever had the experience of meeting. He has treated my special needs daughter for years and has been able to solve several mystery issues over the years that have resulted in a better quality of life for her. He always takes the time to explain what is happening and treats my child with such compassion. I cant say enough good things about Dr. Patel and what he has and is continuing to do for my daughter.
Heather in San Antonio, TX – Oct 21, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Patel without reservation! Dr. Patel is one of the best diagnosticians in pediatric diseases and handles each patient with compassion and kindness. Dr. Patel treats complex and many times life threatening illnesses, yet, due to his unique rapport with his patients and their families, the children end up loving him, despite their long and difficult journey. This speaks volumes of the care provided by Dr. Patel and his staff.
San Antonio, TX – Sep 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
My children have been seeing Dr. Patel for 8 years. He has saved all three of their lives. When no other dr in San Antonio would listen to me dr. Patel did and was able to dx them and get them the treatment they need. He has gone above and beyond to ensure their health and comfort. He has answered my calls at 3am and even while he is on vacation. I don't know a more compassionate man or a more knowledgeable dr. He is thorough and coordinates with my kids MANY drs to ensure they get the best care
Betsy in San Antonio, TX – Aug 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
I am a pediatrician in San Antonio. I have referred my patients to him that have hematological problems or cancer. I have worked with him for decades. Dr. Patel and his staff have always been kind, compassionate, caring to his patients, parents and anyone else involved in the care of his patients. He is professional, very bright and capable. Dr. Patel is thorough and thoughtful when assessing his patients symptoms and concerns. I know him well as a physician and as a man of integrity.
Scott in San Antonio, TX – Aug 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
Poisoned my son for over a year. Misdiagnosed my sons blood disorder. Refused my plea to ask for help and ignored the awful side effects my baby had to endure. My 17th month old son is now in a fight for his life in the PICU bc of Mahendra Patel. Never trust a doctor that doesn't want a second opinion and has to recite his resume over and over to convince you he is the best. I wish I would have never taken my son through those 5th floor doors. Clinically is questionably run.
Back stabbed father. in San Antonio, TX – Aug 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
Hard to find a Doctor that treats you as if you were his only patient. Walking Medical Encyclopedia.
San Antonio – Mar 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
This is my son's hematologist. We go about twice a year to get blood drawn. None of his other six specialists could pin point what was causing my son's excessive and constant throat clearing. Only seeing him as a blood doctor. We didn't expect him to diagnose my son with s tic disorder. I'm glad he did and no other doctor had an answer! Thank you Dr. Patel..the answer to our prayers!
Mrs. Silva in Sonora, TX – Mar 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
He is not only an excellent physician,but is kind and truly cares about his patients. He was able to give us answers when no other physician could. I can not say enough good things about him, he is truly awesome!
Cuero,TX – Mar 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
Absolutely love this doctor and his staff. They're all great ????
Alyssa in San Antonio, Texas – Feb 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel is truly a gift to pediatric medicine, without his foresight and vision my son would not be alive, my son is one of the smallest babies ever born at Children's Methodist, Dr. Patel closely monitored and diagnosed my son correctly. While other doctors were chaotic and unsure Dr. Patel displayed a calm and patience.
Jason G in San Antonio, TX – Apr 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
Dr. Patel deserves far more than 5 stars. When my daughter became very ill, he made a point to see her before the Christmas holiday because he did not want us to be worried having to wait for an appointment. He is knowledgeable, trustworthy, caring, and patient. He was wonderful to my daughter and she loves him! That's not very common for a 20 month old. He has a special way of putting her at ease. He answered our questions thoroughly. He is God's special miracle for us and our baby girl.
San Antonio, TX – Jan 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Patel?

• Pediatric Hematology & Oncology
  • Pediatrics

Nat'l Cancer Institute
Osf St Francis Med Center
1981
University Of Zambia School Of Med Lusaka Zambia

Common Questions and Answers

• Does Dr. Patel communicate via email?

No users have indicated that Dr. Patel communicates via email

• Does Dr. Patel offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Patel offers telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Patel offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Patel offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Patel have free onsite parking?

No users have indicated that Dr. Patel has free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Patel offer weekend visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Patel offers weekend visits

• Does Dr. Patel offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Patel offers evening visits