Pediatric Hematology & Oncology  |
Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD
Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD is a pediatric hematology & oncology doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 36 years. Dr. Patel is affiliated with North Central Baptist Hospital.

Mahendra C Patel MD PA

7711 Louis Pasteur Dr Ste 502

San Antonio, TX 78229

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Patel

Dr. Patel's Experience

Dr. Patel's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pediatric Hematology & Oncology

• Pediatric Hematology & Oncology
  • Pediatrics

Dr. Patel does not have any board certifications listed.

• Acute Leukemia
  • Adrenal Gland Cancer
  • Anemia
  • Bladder Cancer
  • Bone Cancer
  • Brain Cancer
  • Coagulation Disorders (incl. Hemophilia)
  • Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura (ITP)
  • Kidney Cancer
  • Myelodysplastic Syndromes
  • Myeloproliferative Disorders
  • Neutropenia
  • Osteosarcoma
  • Pancytopenia
  • Polycythemia Rubra Vera
  • Primary Hypercoagulable State (incl. Factor V Leiden Disease)
  • Sickle Cell Disease
  • Still's Disease
  • Testicular Cancer
  • Thalassemia

• University Of Zambia School Of Med Lusaka Zambia
    Medical School | Graduated 1981
  • Nat'l Cancer Institute
  • Osf St Francis Med Center

Dr. Patel has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Patel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Patel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patel to family and friends
4.2
Dr. Patel's Performance
San Antonio, TX |
I highly recommend Dr. Patel without reservation! Dr. Patel is one of the best diagnosticians in pediatric diseases and handles each patient with compassion and kindness. Dr. Patel treats complex and many times life threatening illnesses, yet, due to his unique rapport with his patients and their families, the children end up loving him, despite their long and difficult journey. This speaks volumes of the care provided by Dr. Patel and his staff.
in San Antonio, TX |
My children have been seeing Dr. Patel for 8 years. He has saved all three of their lives. When no other dr in San Antonio would listen to me dr. Patel did and was able to dx them and get them the treatment they need. He has gone above and beyond to ensure their health and comfort. He has answered my calls at 3am and even while he is on vacation. I don't know a more compassionate man or a more knowledgeable dr. He is thorough and coordinates with my kids MANY drs to ensure they get the best care
in San Antonio, TX |
I am a pediatrician in San Antonio. I have referred my patients to him that have hematological problems or cancer. I have worked with him for decades. Dr. Patel and his staff have always been kind, compassionate, caring to his patients, parents and anyone else involved in the care of his patients. He is professional, very bright and capable. Dr. Patel is thorough and thoughtful when assessing his patients symptoms and concerns. I know him well as a physician and as a man of integrity.
in San Antonio, TX |
Poisoned my son for over a year. Misdiagnosed my sons blood disorder. Refused my plea to ask for help and ignored the awful side effects my baby had to endure. My 17th month old son is now in a fight for his life in the PICU bc of Mahendra Patel. Never trust a doctor that doesn't want a second opinion and has to recite his resume over and over to convince you he is the best. I wish I would have never taken my son through those 5th floor doors. Clinically is questionably run.
San Antonio |
Hard to find a Doctor that treats you as if you were his only patient. Walking Medical Encyclopedia.
in Sonora, TX |
This is my son's hematologist. We go about twice a year to get blood drawn. None of his other six specialists could pin point what was causing my son's excessive and constant throat clearing. Only seeing him as a blood doctor. We didn't expect him to diagnose my son with s tic disorder. I'm glad he did and no other doctor had an answer! Thank you Dr. Patel..the answer to our prayers!
Cuero,TX |
He is not only an excellent physician,but is kind and truly cares about his patients. He was able to give us answers when no other physician could. I can not say enough good things about him, he is truly awesome!
in San Antonio, Texas |
Absolutely love this doctor and his staff. They're all great ????
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Patel is truly a gift to pediatric medicine, without his foresight and vision my son would not be alive, my son is one of the smallest babies ever born at Children's Methodist, Dr. Patel closely monitored and diagnosed my son correctly. While other doctors were chaotic and unsure Dr. Patel displayed a calm and patience.
San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Patel deserves far more than 5 stars. When my daughter became very ill, he made a point to see her before the Christmas holiday because he did not want us to be worried having to wait for an appointment. He is knowledgeable, trustworthy, caring, and patient. He was wonderful to my daughter and she loves him! That's not very common for a 20 month old. He has a special way of putting her at ease. He answered our questions thoroughly. He is God's special miracle for us and our baby girl.
Have you seen Dr. Mahendra Patel, MD?
Are you Dr. Patel?