Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD

Dr. Narendran
Telehealth services available

Piedmont Healthcare OB/GYN

1669 Davie Ave Statesville, NC 28677

Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD is a Infectious Disease Specialist in Statesville, NC and has over 20 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from George Washington School Of Medicine medical school in 2002. He is affiliated with medical facilities Davis Regional Medical Center and Iredell Memorial Hospital. He has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Narendran to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Infectious Disease Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Quiet Hospital
    Patients said the hospital this doctor practices at is quiet. See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Check if Dr. Narendran treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Narendran's conditions and procedures:

• Bacterial Sepsis
  • Endocarditis
  • HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
  • Sepsis

Dr. Narendran accepts

Dr. Narendran accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Narendran's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Narendran

Dr. Narendran

When our beloved family doctor (Dr. Ben Dunlap) retired, I was charged with finding great and continuous care for my aging parents and myself. We found Dr. Naren! I cannot say enough about this compassionate and thorough physician. He is on top of new meds, treatments etc. He practices preventative medicine. Very few doctors care enough to call you after dinner to discuss bloodwork! Dr. Naren puts the care of the patient first! He listens. He responds and his staff and support folks are the best. They know your name and they genuinely care. I have referred several family members and friends to Dr. Naren. They are all so happy to have a caring doctor. In this time of fear and uncertainty, Dr. Naren is a steady knowledgeable ship of healthcare and compassion. I feel secure with his care of my parents and his care for my health concerns. He thwarted a more damaging stroke with my father by his swift actions. He also found an unknown serious health issue with me that will be corrected soon
Curtis – Nov 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
Dr. Narendran is all about giving personalized care, individual attention. He makes you feel like you are the only patient he is seeing that day. He goes above board by being sure to call me after hours to give me my lab results personally
Beverly Maurice – Apr 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
Dr. Naran has been my physician for many years. He is the only doctor that I have had that will take time to talk to you concerning issues. He will follow-up many times after a visit with a phone call to see how you are doing. Dr. Naran is very concerned about your health and wellbeing. I can honestly say that Dr. Naran saved my life. My PSA results were slightly high. He insisted that I have a MRI. That MRI showed what turned out to be an aggressive Gleason score 8 prostate cancer. Fortunately, the cancer was contained and had not spread and was treatable. Again, Dr. Naran and his staff are superior.
Daniel Winslow – Jan 22, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
Awsome staff and Dr. Narendran is the best. He cares for his patients and goes above and beyond to make sure each one if his patients has the best care.
LesLie Hayes – Jun 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
Great Doctor … He spent plenty of time with me. I never felt rushed. He is kind & explained things well. He is the most caring, informative and wonderful doctor I have had the privilege of meeting. I cannot say enough nice things about him
Bruce – Jul 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
Dr. Narendran ( Best Doctor) I have been seeing Dr Narendran for almost four years. He is hands down the most carrying and compassionate Doctor I have ever seen. He does not treat you just as a patient, he treats you like a person. No matter how busy he is, he always takes time to explain and talk to you about your condition as well as your life. We are both Patriots Fans so we always talk about that. Guess what I am trying to say is a lot of Doctors I have seen in the past just are going through the motions and act like they don't care. But not Dr Narendran, hands down the best Doctor ever. I will be a patient of his for life.
May 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
Dr. Naren has been our family physician for over 5 years. Firstly, the waiting time is under 10 minutes which is not the case in most doctors' offices. He spends time listening to your issues and concerns and doesn’t rush through the issues. He does a thorough examination and asks lots of questions. Dr. Naren has an amazing ability to make me feel calm when I feel anxious about a condition. He goes out of his way to ensure all issues are taken care of. His staff is excellent is scheduling and following up on appointments. He truly is the best when it comes to bedside manners - empathetic and extremely supportive. I’ve tried several physicians and can truly say to top it all since he is an infectious disease specialist it’s an added bonus to us. Dr. Naren is an accomplished physician and is simply the best in terms of knowledge, experience, competence, care and professionalism. Domani Vendargon
May 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
Dr. Naren is such a wonderful doctor. I've been seeing him for a few years now. He always takes his time during my appointments to make sure I fully understand everything and he answers all of my questions adequately. He never makes me feel rushed. He also takes the time out of his day to get to know his patients well, so he is also very personable. Dr. Naren cares a great deal about each and every one of his patients. He goes above and beyond to make sure they are taken care of.
May 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
Dr. Mahendra Narendan is a very trustworthy and exceptional individual, take time to listen to your concerns and very knowledgeable about how he responses to your questions. He is very helpful in finding the solutions to your medical condition, his bedside manner is impeccable when it comes to his performance in handles any situation. I'm so very proud and honored to have Dr. Mahendra Narendan as my Doctor. May prayer is that God will continue to bless him abundantly in all his endeavors.
Apr 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
Outstanding doctor. Very kind, very efficient listens to what you say, gives you multiple options and calls to check up on you. Amazing service, very efficient office. Nurses are kind, caring and gentle
Stephen – Dec 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
Dr. Naren is our family's physician. He is absolutely awesome!!! We have been with Dr. Naren for over 7 years and he truly cares and is very compassionate about his call and his patients. He is one-of-a-kind. The new is office is great! You will never go wrong accepting Dr. Naren as your physician. Kisha Heaggans
Oct 19, 2018
Dr.Awesome The best doctor around
Save – Sep 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
Dr. Naren is the best Physician that I have ever personally had. He is a straight shooter and will give you much more attention that what I have experienced anywhere else. I have moved out of state twice since I began seeing him and both my wife and myself will go to no other. He is very compassionate and has an honesty and ethics that is comforting. Great Dr. and would and have recommended him to many. Tom Parker Boonville, NC
Tom Parker in Boonville, NC – Sep 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
I have seen Dr. Narendran for many years. He is the Best around if I must say. Very kind and compassionate toward patients. I love the new office. I love the staff as well. They are prompt to see you and return any phone messages.
Amanda Lunsford in Statesville, NC – Sep 05, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
the best dr I have ever had loving and caring makes sure your in your best health ever very professional very nice
peggy Nichols – Aug 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
Dr Naren is the best physician i have ever encountered. He always takes the time to explain everything and listens to what I have to say. He really cares about his patients. He is an amazing doctor, he has saved my life. I am very grateful to Doctor Naren and his staff.
Angela Parker in Boonville , NC – Aug 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
Dr. Narendran is one of the finest doctors that there is. My husband and I started going to him about 5 years ago when we moved to NC and Dr. Narendran was recommended to us. He gets to know you as a person not just as a patient. He listens to you and he is thorough and if need be he will refer you to specialists. He always follows up with you if you have a problem and will even call you on Sundays.
Sonya Yager in Statesville, NC – Aug 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
I have Asperger's (on the Autism spectrum) and some of my quirks can be a bit off putting. Dr. Naren and Michelle have never made me feel like I am too much trouble. They always take the time to listen to my concerns, let me refer to my (never ending) list, and answer my questions. They are so pleasant, and take the time to check on how my life is going, as well as offering encouragement on my slow but steady weight loss. I would be devastated if I ever had to change my primary medical care.
Kim in Statesville – Jul 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
Dr. Narendran explains everything to where anyone can understand him. He is very prolite and you can tell ,h cares for his patients. He always takes time to listen to what you have to say. I'm very happy I found him in 2015 and I've been seeing him ever since. A GREAT doctor ,he is and will always be my family doctor.
Molly McClanahan in Hiddenite , NC – Jul 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?
Dr. Naren (as we call him) is the family doctor for most of our family members in this area. One of those reasons is bc he takes such excellent care and TIME with his patients. My mother, sister, aunt, uncle all see him on a regular basis. I have accompanied my Mom on her visits and Dr. Naren is very attentive; he asks questions and really listens to the answer; he remembers personal things about his patients; he is an expert in his field. Think modern expert + caring country doc!
C. Bumgarner in Statesville, NC – Jun 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mahendra Narendran, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Narendran?
Provider explaining information to patient