Dr. Maha Zikra, MD

Dr. Maha Zikra, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female

7300 Sandlake Commons Blvd Ste 112 Orlando, FL 32819 Get Directions

Diabetes and Endocrine Center of Florida has a philosophy based on the understanding that every disease has a cause. Finding the cause is at utmost importance to us and we do so to insure a better quality of life for our patients. We understand that each patient is unique and we strive to create the best treatment plan for each individual. Our goal is to create an atmosphere where patients can feel secure and comfortable that their concerns and needs are taken care of in a professional & genuine

Dr. Maha Zikra, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Orlando, FL. She is 54 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Zikra is affiliated with Dr. P. Phillips Hospital and Celebration Health.

Dr. Zikra's Experience

See how Dr. Zikra's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Zikra

Dr. Zikra accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Zikra has admitting privileges.

Dr. Zikra's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Zikra to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Zikra's Performance
Orlando, FL |
I was diagnosed with Hashimotos and wanted to follow with a specialist. She ordered a thyroid ultrasound, but when i returned for results, she would not show me the actual scan, only a poorly drawn illustration of a thyroid with nodules. She recommended Vitamin D, antidepressant, more time outdoors and "eat more cheese". Her assistant laughed when I said i was concerned about my weight. My concerns were dismissed, never discussed Hashimotos & told me to come back in a year. I wont be returning.
in Orlando, fl |
Dr. Zikra has completely changed my life in the last year. She has worked with me as if I were family and has always been open to my concerns. I walked into her office struggling after thyroidectomy and she has gotten me to be the healthiest I've ever been by not just looking at my labs, but listening avidly when I explain my symptoms. I would recommend her times a thousand. She is the best endocrinologist I have ever seen and had the pleasure of having a relationship with.
in Clermont, FL |
My name is Kimberly Jones. I am a FORMER patient of Dr. Zikra from July 2002 through 2010. Former, because she guided me over several years to resolution of my Type 2 Diabetes symptoms! I have only wonderful things to say about the care and attention of Dr. Zikra and her support staff. I never asked which of them were related by blood because that seems rather irrelevant. Dr. Zikra released me from her care when she had worked with me and achieved my goals. She lengthened my life.
in Winter Park, Fl |
Honestly, I'm upset and dismayed that I must write this review so others can benefit. When Dr. Zikra entered the room I been to tell my story, but she promptly interrupted and said, "Let me review your records and I will let you know what I wrong." I sat and listened that she deemed my healthy and suggested Vitamin D $25. Today Ihave learned through my PCP's tests, that I have a high prolactin and low testosterone (possible pituitary tumor). Sadly, I can not recommend Dr. Zikra.
in Winter Garden |
i am guessing these reviews are from her staff and family members (who all work there). my pcp sent me to her bc she is across the street from him. dr zikra IS to be the worst endo. after my first visit with her for my hyperthyroidism i changed pcp and found a new endo with the help of my insurance. They sent me to Dr Kim Bourne who really is the Best Endo. I see that people complain about having to pay at dr Bourne's but you have to pay every where so just pay your co-pay already.
Our office has Employees from ,at least,four different nationalities, we depend as advertising on referral by word of mouth, we do not ask our family members to put bad comments on other physicians, what a shame.
Orlando, FL |
Went to Dr. Zikra based upon reviews I found here so I feel I must report my findings. Found the office extremely unorganized. Both staff and Dr. Zikra were unwilling to listen and the confusion caused substandard treatment.
in Orlando, FL |
Staff is very professional and courteous. Dr. Zikra is personal, friendly and knowledgeable. She spent more time with me than most doctors. I was also pleased that she took a call from a patient while I was there. It made me feel like she cared, especially when patients often can't talk to any staff person these days (always recordings), much less directly to the doctor. I highly recommend her.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr. Zikra failed me as a patient. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 6 months ago and started slipping into a depression. A major side effect that comes with low thyroid. She ran test and everything came back normal but she never ran a t3 test. Instead she suggest I see a psychologist. At this point I knew I didn't need antidepressants, I needed t3. Thank god I took the matters into my own hands and made another doctor prescirbe me Cytomel. Overall, she's not an expert with thyroid.
in Miami, FL |
The staff has a big role in a doctors office in my opinion, if they make you feel worse than you did before walking in, I say this place has a problem. The staff is rude they do not listen, constantly cut you off. Save your money and time. There are many doctors out there with the same specialty.
in Orlando, Florida |
I was very encouraged by Dr. ZIKRA's positive approach to getting my blood sugar under control. She has given me hope.
Orlando, FL |
Wonderful Doctor!!! She tells you what you need to hear and actually fixes your issue (if you are up- front with her). She has a polite, no non-sense approach and has been a pleasure to deal with. My issues are under control and she ensures they stay that way. She does want you to hold yourself accountable, but that is not a bad thing. My appointments are prompt, no typical long waiting periods and her staff is very sharp.
FL |
Worth the 45 minute drive. Dr. Zikra and her staff are extremely friendly, warm and caring towards the patients. Very up front, no run around, or unnecessary visits. For people who need to see an endocrinologist on a regular basis or for a lifetime for that matter...being able to see a doctor that truly is going to do what's best for you (and not break the bank) is most important. I would highly recommend Dr. Zikra and her staff to anyone.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr Zikra simplified my diabetes care with great results. Kind and personable.
in Orlando, FL |
I was seen by Dr Zikra today for the first time. Dr. ZIkra is a true professional in every manner and is extremely thorough and caring, she has a true desire to make you feel well. Her staff is a reflection of her as well. Ms Leala is an asset to her office, she makes you feel comfortable and at ease. I would recommend Dr Zikra to family and friends.
Lakeland, FL |
Good Luck getting past the phone receptionist for an appointment with Dr. Zikra. Apparently this person thinks they are a doctor.
in Orlando, FL |
She has a very caring staff that gives excellent patient care and empathetic discussions with the patient. We patients are not always easy to deal with and I admire how they all keep a cool head! Ann the NP is awesome and the front desk staff makes me feel like I am important. I can't ask for much more. I just need to do more of what they tell me to deal with my condition.
Have you seen Dr. Maha Zikra, MD?

Compare Dr. Zikra

Dr. Zikra's Care Philosophy

Dr. Zikra's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
  •  Board certified in Diabetes, Metabolism & Endocrinology

Dr. Zikra has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Zikra's Board Certifications

• Diabetes Type 1
  • Diabetes Type 2
  • Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
  • Diabetic Ketoacidosis
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Disease

St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital

Completed in 1997

University Of Aleppo / Faculty Of Medicine

Graduated in 1987

Dr. Zikra does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Zikra and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism