Dr. Maged Mina, MD

Dr. Maged Mina, MD

Pain Medicine | Male

18626 Hardy Oak Blvd Ste 230 San Antonio, TX 78258 Get Directions

Dr. Maged Mina, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in San Antonio, TX. He is 47 years old. Dr. Mina is affiliated with Baptist Medical Center and South Texas Spine and Surgical Hospital.

Dr. Mina's Experience

See how Dr. Mina's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Mina

Dr. Mina accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Mina has admitting privileges.

Dr. Mina's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mina to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Mina's Performance
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Mina seemed really nice but his staff was usually rude especially on the phone. After going to him for nearly 3 years i was speaking with another patient one day. We were whispering about how rude the staff is. When i was put into a room awaiting my ESI with a pain level of 100, the doc and 2 staff members came in. He literally laid into me about complaining. He pushed me out and said dont come back. He would not refund my copay and didnt treat me. I have never been treated like that.
Schertz, TX |
If I could rate this office with zero star I would do so. They very uninformed with TRI Care, rude and very defensive and when challenged provided false information regarding how to get ahold of TRI Care. I highly suggesting finding another office. I wanted to ignore all of the other reviews and see for myself, but wow is the insurance lady very rude. I asked for Doctor Mina's number and email address she refused to provide this info. Again I highly recommend listening to the other reviews.
in San Antonio, TX |
I have been seeing Dr. Mina for 11 years, so you would think that he would remember my case just a little. Always have to remind him what he has done to me as far as procedures. The last 3 times I have gone, he was not there and I was seen by his wife who is only a Family doctor, not a specialist. She prescribed me useless medication at a very high expense to me and not even knowing my full case history! Very disappointed that I wasted 11 years with him and his rude staff!!!
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Mina's office staff is extremely rude. I was under Dr. Mina's care for a few years. Although the shots were effective, the medication prescribed did not help. He spends about 5 minutes or less listening before moving on the next patient. When I injured my back and requested an urgent appointment due to severe pain, his office staff did not care and would not fit me in the schedule. I will never return and would not recommend this practice.
in San Antonio, TX |
I would very much consider recommending Dr. Mina to all my friends and family. The office is clean, efficiently run, and the staff are competent and empathetic. I feel Dr. Mina listened to me, cared about me, and prescribed the best treatment for my problem. All my questions we're patiently answered, whether they were about my health, medications, or even insurance.
in Converse, TX |
THE STAFF IS HORRIBLE! SO RUDE AND I WAS HUNG UP ON THREE TIMES.
in San Antonio, TX |
I have seen this so called pain management Dr. For two years now and I am finally feed up with him. He continuously prescribed medications with horrible side effects and I had to go back to my primary Dr. To get the right medication to manage my pain. I would not recommend this so called Dr. To my worst enemy.
in Schertz, TX |
My quality of life has improved because of their care. Yes, office can be very busy at times and wait time varies because they do not schedule patients to come back if a procedure is deemed proper. I am sorry others thought they were not treated well but I have only seen compassion and caring.
in San Antonio, TX |
RUDE. This is by far the rudest staff I have ever encountered. Dr Mina spoke very fast about my options, which I chose the least invasive. His office staff is just not worth going back for. Two days to call me back initially, I did not leave the office with the materials he asked the staff to get me (had to go back, didn't offer to mail), had to wait at window to check in for over 15 minutes, insurance was filed wrong...the list goes on. I will definitely find another doctor!
in San Antonio, TX |
Overwhelmed by my case because he tried 3 Rx's and I had side affects to all 3. He wanted me to have a ketamine infusion but he wanted a 2nd option from UT pain clinic. He wanted for me to have the infusion at UT which was very expensive. He refused to send orders to N. Baptist which would be of less expensive for me. Then he had his STAFF to relay to me that I was no longer his responsibility or his patient. I should note he is a Adjunct Asst Prof at UTHCS-AS. His staff is terrible!
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Mina did my epidural before 2 of my deliveries. He did a fantastic job. His bedside manner is wonderful. I could tell he really cared. His skill is amazing. He was fast and effective. I highly recommend him to any expectant mother wanting an epidural.
in San Antonio, TX |
I called 2 days ago with severe back pain, and I still have not been called back. I agree with other reviews that many of the staff is rude. When your back hurts, it affects you're whole body. His office has a rude outgoing message, stating, Please note, we have 24-48 hours to return your call. Multiple calls will only delay... I mean, the rudeness starts before you even get into the office. Dr. Mina is great, but his staff...booo.
in San Antonio, TX |
Dr. Mina was professional, if brusque, and had some solutions which unfortunately were not helpful. But his staff was rude, condescending and more concerned with their policies and rules than the well being of the patients. I highly recommend looking elsewhere.
in San Antonio, TX |
After 3 different procedures it seemed to only make the pain worse than it was before. Was not very happy with that at all. I was hoping for better results.
in San Antonio, Texas |
Got right to the point, identified problem, and treated my pain.
Have you seen Dr. Maged Mina, MD?
Are you Dr. Mina?

Compare Dr. Mina

Dr. Mina's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine

Dr. Mina has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Mina's Board Certifications

• Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • Chronic Postoperative Pain
  • Diabetic Polyneuropathy
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Upper Back Pain

Ain Shams University
    University Tx Med School At Houston
    University Tx Med School San Antonio

Dr. Mina does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mina and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Cortisone Injection
  • Epidural Lysis of Adhesions (LOA)
  • Epidural Steroid Injections