Dr. Maged Hamza, MD

Dr. Maged Hamza, MD

Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Maged Hamza, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Richmond, VA. He is 55 years old and has been practicing for 27 years.

8700 Stony Point Pkwy Ste 260

Richmond, VA 23235

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico
  • Presbyterian Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Hamza

See how frequently Dr. Hamza performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Back Pain
Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy

Dr. Hamza's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Pain Medicine

• Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Stellate Ganglion Block

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

• Cairo University School Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1990
  • University Of Arizona
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Pain Management Program
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Hamza has no media or publications listed.

• Arabic

Dr. Hamza does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hamza and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Hamza's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hamza to family and friends
2.0
Dr. Hamza's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Ruidoso, NM |
Worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. He needs a refresher course in how to treat his patients. Was very rude to me and my husband. Came in talking to me about the wrong area that was to be injection. Got really rude when I told him that was not what we were supposed to do. I was supposed to get sedation then he said no at the last minute. Will not be going back to him.
Richmond, VA |
Ehlers-Danlos patient. I was transferred to Hamza after my doc left the practice. When I complained of back pain as well as having some fatigue related to current meds, the only thing he wanted to do was prescribe me strong narcotics, no physical exam. I did't want narcotics because of the potential for addiction and abuse. He refused to make any other suggestions, and just wrote me a script for what I'm currently taking and sent me away. My next doc did an exam and gave me exercises which help!
in Front Royal, VA |
Dr. Hamza is the best doctor in the world, especially concerning neurology & pain. I went through years of doctors after a car accident in 1989. I found him in 2001. He is kind, understanding, sympathetic, realistic, loving, and stern when he feels he needs to be. I would never, ever want any other doctor working on my spine, including surgery & implants. His knowledge in his field and others is amazing to witness. I am looking for him now as he left this practice. Please let him know. Thanks.
in Newport News, VA |
Dr. Hamza is the only pain management doctor that was able to give me a great deal of pain relief. He is kind, considerate and caring.
Glen Allen, VA |
Worst doctor ever
Richmond VA |
Dr Hamza was very rude and didn't want to hear anything what you had to say. When he gave me 2 injection in my back he made The pain worse than what it was before. When I went for a follow up visit. He came in the room and told me he was going to another practice good luck. Didn't tell me any diagnose or nothing about my pain. Gave me a card n told me to contact his new office. I left in tears.
in Richmond VA |
I was told that he is not accepting patients and only seeing patients who are certified with Medicare. I'm being told by other local Physicians that they will not accept his former patients.
in Williamsburg, VA |
Dr. Hamza has been super responsive to my needs despite waiting for all of my insurance certifications. He has been professional throughout all my dealings with him. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is suffering with back issues and chronic pain!
in Midlothian, VA |
Worst experience EVER dealing with his office. And FYI: he left the practice. No one informed me he was leaving or that they don't even have another doctor to take over my treatment. Would give negative ??s if possible The office staff is even worse than the doctor
in Richmond, VA |
Never got the chance to meet him. Original apt. was March 2016, a woman from the office called to resch. my apt. due to him being the only doctor in the office & his next avail isn't until May 2016 & the office would be moving to Short Pump. Not only do I have to wait BUT I have to drive further. Recvd a call today, the woman stated you have an appointment in June, (which was the incorrect date) he's not accepting new patients. I laughed & said no worries I'll definitely be finding someone else.
in Richmond, VA |
He comes on like a bull in a china shop, right up in your face, doesn't know anything about personal space. Didn't give me the impression he was interested in my case until the green light from insurance company and they blew the paperwork the first time thru and the hospital tried to charge me for the whole procedure. There was zero follow up and I had to remove my own stitches. Every time I called for a follow up I was told that I didn't need one and why was I calling??????
Have you seen Dr. Maged Hamza, MD?
Are you Dr. Hamza?