Dr. Magdy Iskander, MD

Dr. Magdy Iskander, MD

Rheumatology  |
Dr. Magdy Iskander, MD is a rheumatology doctor who practices in Youngstown, OH. He is 66 years old and has been practicing for 42 years.

4300 Belmont Ave Ste 3

Youngstown, OH 44505

• Anthem
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • Medical Mutual of Ohio

Learn about Dr. Iskander

See how frequently Dr. Iskander performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Arthritis
Autoimmune Diseases
Rheumatoid Arthritis

Dr. Iskander's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Rheumatology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Rheumatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Arthropathy Associated With Reiters Disease
  • Limb Swelling
  • Lupus
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Raynaud's Disease
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Spondylosis
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Vasculitis
  • Wegener's Granulomatosis

• Arthrocentesis

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Ohio.

• Faculty Of Science, Cairo University
  • Cleveland Metropolitan General Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • University Of Pittsburgh Gsph
    Other Education | Completed 1983

Dr. Iskander has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Iskander does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Iskander and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Iskander's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Iskander to family and friends
Dr. Iskander's Performance
in Girard, OH |
I am extremely pleased with the care I am currently receiving from Dr. Iskander. He was quick to diagnose my condition and provide appropriate care. I went from using a wheelchair, then cane to walking unassisted in five weeks. I find Dr. Iskander to be very kind, compassionate and patient when explaining treatment for my condition. I never feel rushed when visiting Dr. Iskander. I would, in fact, I already have, recommended Dr. Iskander to others who have a similar condition. Excellent care.
in Sharon, PA |
Dr. Iskander is a great doctor. I have been his patient going on ten years. You can feel his care and concern he has for you. His office staff are wonderful and very helpful. Dr. Iskander has been a real blessing to me and has helped me tremendously and I can't thank him enough. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of a knowledgeable rheumatologist.
in Warren, OH |
I have been a patient of Dr. Iskander for almost two years when he first diagnosed my RA. He is a completely professional, caring and knowledgeable doctor. He has always been available for emergency flare ups and takes the time to comfort my concerns, helping me to live an almost pain-free life because of his medications and treatments. I feel blessed to have found him.
Edinburg |
Dr. Iskander is highly knowledgeable. Not only is he well-versed in his field but he evaluates the person as a whole. He is a truly caring physician and is not afraid to share his spiritual side. He has identified non-rheumatologic conditions in me over the years and has never been wrong. As a result, I received prompt and appropriate care. He does not rush through the appointment, which makes me feel valued and cared for. He has my utmost trust and respect. Oh - did I mention that I am a RN?
in Youngstown, OH |
There are not enough gold stars to describe Dr. Iskander. I have been a patient for 20 years or in rheumatoid arthritis land forever. He has treated me and taken care of me like family. He always has time for my questions and has truly taught me how to handle this goofy arthritis. To my family he is the epitome of a gentleman and a gentle man he honestly cares how my illness affect s all of my family. He cares about calling after office hours to be sure that he calms and reassures any issue
in Kittanning, PA |
After finding Dr. Iskander nearly 12 years ago he has helped manage my condition and return to and remain active. The many knee drainings, often because of my "over doing it", have been done with uncommonly little discomfort. Dr. Iskander and his office team have been friendly, respectful and always very accommodating. After leaving the area long ago the hour and 20 minute trip is still so worth it.
in Pittsburgh, PA |
Have been with Dr. Iskander for 16 years now. In an emergency when I was having water on my knee, (before I finally got it replaced) and it was bothering me badly, Pam ad Sherry would get me in early in the morning before work and I would be fine for several more months. Has always listened to me and has never steered me wrong.
in Salem, OH |
I've been a patient of Dr. Iskander for about 15 years now and I am so glad to have found him. He is a caring, knowledgeable, thorough physician who quite obviously truly wants the best for his patients. Doctor Iskander's staff are wonderful and kind, always welcoming and helpful. I wholeheartedly recommend this practice to anyone in need of a rheumatologist. Because of Dr. Iskander, I have a wellness and medication plan that works for me, and I am now healthier, happier, and less painful.
in Hermitage PA |
I have been blessed and grateful to have been a patient of Dr. Iskander's for about 20 years now. I have a rare and incredibly painful joint disease. He was knowledgeable re this disease at my first visit. He and his staff are always kind, patient, and polite. His staff gets me in as soon as possible when I am having an acute flare up. He is extremely gentle when my knee is so sore I can't walk on it or even touch it. He gives God the glory for his excellent skills. I recommend him highly.
Las Vegas, NV |
Very thorough. Explains everything. Love this doctor.
in Struthgers, OH |
I feel Dr Iskander is a very compassionate and caring doctor with his patients. He has vast knowledge in his field and has helped me very much with my rheumatoid arthritis. I would recommend him and have recommended him and his office to anyone needing a rheumatologist.
in Niles, OH |
He took his time explaining all the medical information to me
in Hermitage, PA |
Knowledgeable, compassionate, clearly explains what's going on and treatment. I was practically wheelchair bound for 6 months with inflammation and Dr. Iskander had me on my feet after 1 visit. Dr. Iskander has my highest recommendation.
in Youngstown, OH |
Dr Iskander is very knowledgeable and professional. He explains the disease process and treatment needed very clearly and concisely. He does not rush you in and out of his office. I highly recommend Dr Iskander for any/all rheumatalogic needs/diagnosis!!!
in Ohio |
Dr Islander is the kindest most compassionate rheumatologist. I had a very swollen knee for years which needed treated.Dr Islander unlike my old specialist on my first visit said I am going to fix this. He drained & injected it my first visit . he will never know how greatful for him I am.we joke now that he scared my knee because it's been good since he fixed it.I love him!!his staff is wonderful to!! He is wonderful!!
in North Lima |
Dr.Iskander has been a blessing! Listens & cares,excellent! I went years dealing with sever pain until I was referred. He ran detailed blood work,more than the regular family doctor.I learned of diagnosis Sjögren's Syndrome, my low platelets, & rheumatoid. He carefully monitored me with medication & watched my platelet levels improve with treatment plan. The relief & answer to have a medical diagnosis & accurate treatment gave me a life again. I'd forgotten how nice it was to feel better! TY!
in Youngstown, OH |
Always professional, Always has good patient interest on how you are doing. Very good at his profession. (-:
in kinsman ohio |
DR ISKANDER IS THEE BEST DR YOU WILL EVER FIND. HE GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR HIS PATIENTS . HE TRUELY CARES. GOD BLESS YOU DR ISKANDER !!!!! YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST
in Greenville, PA |
Dr. Iskander is an Outstanding Professional Specialist. I have several rare autoimmune disorders which he is well qualified to treat. He has kept me functional without flaring of my conditions. He Genuinely cares about his patients. He keeps current with his prescribed treatments plans. He even teaches at a local college. A Gifted Health Care Provider!!!
in Youngstown, OH |
I moved here about 5 years ago with active RA and a history of Lymphoma. I was very nervous to have to switch doctors. Dr. Iskander turned out to be GREAT! He is knowledgeable, courteous, and patient. His bedside manner is professional and comforting. At first I thought he was a little low tech (IBM typewriter in the office, hand written appointment book...) but he gets the job done! He excels in what I need as a patient!
Have you seen Dr. Magdy Iskander, MD?
Are you Dr. Iskander?