Dr. Magdalena Cadet, MD

Rheumatology | Female

Dr. Magdalena Cadet, MD

Dr. Magdalena “Maggie” Cadet is board certified in Rheumatology and is the Director of The Bone & Joint Health and Osteoporosis Center of The Spine & Pain Institute of New York. Dr. Cadet received her undergraduate degree at Georgetown University and her medical degree from Drexel University School of Medicine in Philadelphia. She went on to complete an Internal Medicine residency at Yale-New Haven Hospital, and then a fellowship in Rheumatology at New York University/Hospital for Joint Diseases. During her fellowship, Dr. Cadet was part of a small group of fellows to be selected to serve on the American College of Rheumatology subcommittees of Quality Measures. After completing her fellowship, Dr. Cadet was appointed as Director of Rheumatology at New York Hospital Queens/New York Presbyterian Healthcare System as well as Director of Student Education, which she held prior to moving on to Duke University Medical Center. Upon her return to Manhattan, Dr Cadet worked in a private practice affiliated with NYU Langone Medical Center where she is an Associate Clinical Professor. She was selected as a 2016 Castle Connolly Top Doctor. Dr. Cadet’s interests have always focused on women’s health issues such as osteoporosis, issues relating to arthritis, autoimmune diseases such as lupus, sports medicine, and motivating others to live a healthier lifestyle. As a former competitive figure skater, ballet dancer, pianist and current runner, Dr. Cadet understands the importance of keeping one’s joints, muscles, bones and immune system strong and healthy in order to maintain an active lifestyle and avoid serious injuries. She has dedicated her career to raising awareness of arthritis and autoimmune diseases which causes significant chronic pain and disability in the population, especially minority women. Her continuous clinical work, community outreach, and research in the field of arthritis and autoimmune diseases in addition to her participation in national arthritis education has resulted in her being a recipient of the Queens Leader Award by the Arthritis Foundation. To help address the significant health problem of arthritis and autoimmune diseases, Dr. Cadet has been involved with advocacy where she has served as a physician representative from NYC for the Arthritis Foundation. She has also met with the legislative staff of Senator Kirsten Gillibrand and Senator Charles Schumer at Capitol Hill to ask Congress to co-sponsor the Arthritis Prevention, Control, and Cure Act. She is an active athlete and completed the More Fitness half marathon for the third time in April 2016. She intends on running this race again in 2017 in honor of women battling bone and joint disease, lupus and other autoimmune diseases. For her knowledge in the area of sports medicine and autoimmune diseases, Dr. Maggie has also been featured in Essence, Prevention, The Ultimate Health Guide and online sites such as Lifescript and Everyday health. Her experiences as a rheumatologist were also captured in the book “Lupus: Real life, Real patients, Real Talk”. She is a mother, an accomplished speaker and writer, athlete and fitness enthusiast. Dr. Maggie plans to continue her quest in motivating individuals living with osteoporosis, arthritis and autoimmune diseases to advocate for themselves and learn more about their disease and treatments while maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

...See Less

Dr. Cadet's Care Philosophy

Dr. Cadet's interests have always focused on women's health issues such as osteoporosis, issues relating to arthritis, autoimmune diseases, sports medicine, and motivating others to live a healthier lifestyle.

Dr. Cadet's Experience

See how Dr. Cadet's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cadet

Dr. Cadet is now accepting new patients
    Bone & Joint Health and Osteoporosis Center860 5th Ave
    New York, NY 10065
    (212) 724-7246Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Cadet has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cadet's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cadet to family and friends
    Dr. Cadet's Performance
    New York, NY |
    I am very lucky when I chose Dr. Cadet as my doctor. She is very professional and kind.
    in Staten Island, ny |
    Positive attitude and made feel better. Understood what I had and came up with treatment options.
    New York, NY |
    She is great! She listens and all questions. I would definitely recommend her.
    New York, NY |
    I had an excellent experience with Dr. Cadet!
    in Staten Island , NY |
    I recently began seeing Dr. Cadet and I have to say she is great. Her care for her patients are exceptional. She takes her time to explain and provide follow up care if needed. I highly recommend Dr. Cadet.
    Excellent overall!!
    New York, New York |
    Dr. Cadet was very kind and review all my concerns with me. Made me feel at ease.
    in New York, NY |
    She is the best doctor I have seen in the US! She took time to explain and answer my questions, which were many.
    in Jersey City, NJ |
    I was so frustrated cuz I couldnt find a good doctor to really answer my questions until I met dr cadet and I must say she's very knowledgable and I feel at ease now that I finally have a real doctor to communicate with she follows up with you and is very concerned about her patients
    in New York |
    She is very thorough and took the time to explain things which I really appreciate that. I would definitely recommend her.
    This review is for the office staff. I was never seen by the doctor. I had an appt at 1030am. I was checked in. I waited till 1108am to say something. The response was I am so sorry. Can we reschedule? Dr Cadet had an emergency and had to leave. However someone screwed up and forgot to call me in before she left. This is what I was so upset about. Whole morning wasted. Doesn't matter if the doctor is wonderful... If office staff is not competent it's not worth your time or health.
    in New York, NY |
    Dr. Cadet took the time to listen to me, answer my questions and actually explain what was going on. It is nice to find a dr. that still talks to her patients.
    New York, NY |
    She is a very nice doctor. She helped me a lot. I am so happy to be a patient.
    She made me feel very comfortable and I could tell she cared about making sure I left the office feeling more confident about my treatment and informed of my condition. All the staff are also very friendly and professional.
    in New York, NY |
    She is fantastic! Very nice and patient and answers all you questions. She is very kind and thoughtful! Would highly recommend.
    in New York, NY |
    I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Cadet because my rheumatologist had retired. We had one visit in which she took a full medical history, drew blood, said she would schedule an MRI and we would meet again in about six weeks. After no contact 2.5 months later, I called and asked why no MRI had been scheduled. The assistant said she would put a note on my file. I asked that my blood work results be sent to me and made no further appointment.
    in Beacon my |
    Dr.Cadet is great! She went over and above what you expect a doctor to do. She is a strong believer in educating her patients - which is half the battle of beating any disease. I would highly recommend her.
    in Brooklyn |
    I highly recommend this Doctor, kind and professional.
    Thorough and helpful.
    in New York |
    Dr. Cadet is wonderful, she really listened to me and was very thorough and reassuring, I felt super comfortable and she seems to be very knowledgeable as well. I would definitely recommend her
    in New York, ny |
    Very knowledgable, saw me quickly, available to book with ZocDoc!
    in Bronx, NY |
    Very friendly and thorough.
    in New York, NY |
    It was a very positive experience. Dr Cadet is extremely knowledgeable and was very patient with me. She gave me her diagnosis, printed out information for me to read, and created a plan. I was comfortable taking to her and was pleased with how carefully she asked questions and listened for my answers.
    Very nice and informative! Made the experience quick, painless, and we had great conversation!
    Excellent ! Dr Cadet was efficient, thorough and caring throughout the examination. She was informative and clear, explaining my condition and what my options were. I would definitely recommend her as an RA.
    in Bronx, Bew York |
    I went to Dr Cadet for a second opinion. She confirmed the diagnosis that my doctor believed it to be and agreed with the plan of action. She was extremely knowledgable, took time to fully explain her diagnosis, and printed out information for me to read. On top of all of this, she had a wonderful personality and was able to calm my fears.
    Very friendly and helpful.
    Have you seen Dr. Magdalena Cadet, MD?
    Are you Dr. Cadet?

Dr. Cadet says...

Dr. Cadet’s interests have always focused on women’s health issues such as osteoporosis, issues relating to arthritis, autoimmune diseases such as lupus, sports medicine, and motivating others to live a healthier lifestyle. As a former competitive figure skater, ballet dancer, pianist and current runner, Dr. Cadet understands the importance of keeping one’s joints, muscles, bones and immune system strong and healthy in order to maintain an active lifestyle and avoid serious injuries. She has dedicated her career to raising awareness of arthritis and autoimmune diseases which causes significant chronic pain and disability in the population, especially minority women. Her continuous clinical work, community outreach, and research in the field of arthritis and autoimmune diseases in addition to her participation in national arthritis education has resulted in her being a recipient of the Queens Leader Award by the Arthritis Foundation. To help address the significant health problem of arthritis and autoimmune diseases, Dr. Cadet has been involved with advocacy where she has served as a physician representative from NYC for the Arthritis Foundation. She has also met with the legislative staff of Senator Kirsten Gillibrand and Senator Charles Schumer at Capitol Hill to ask Congress to co-sponsor the Arthritis Prevention, Control, and Cure Act.

She is an active athlete and completed the More Fitness half marathon for the third time in April 2016. She intends on running this race again in 2017 in honor of women battling bone and joint disease, lupus and other autoimmune diseases. For her knowledge in the area of sports medicine and autoimmune diseases, Dr. Maggie has also been featured in Essence, Prevention, The Ultimate Health Guide and online sites such as Lifescript and Everyday health. Her experiences as a rheumatologist were also captured in the book “Lupus: Real life, Real patients, Real Talk”. She is a mother, an accomplished speaker and writer, athlete and fitness enthusiast. Dr. Maggie plans to continue her quest in motivating individuals living with osteoporosis, arthritis and autoimmune diseases to advocate for themselves and learn more about their disease and treatments while maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

Dr. Cadet's Care Philosophy

Dr. Cadet's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Rheumatology
    •  Board certified in Internal Medicine and Rheumatology

Dr. Cadet has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cadet's Board Certifications

• Rheumatology

• Adhesive Capsulitis
    • Ankylosing Spondylitis
    • Chondrocalcinosis
    • Dermatomyositis
    • Gout
    • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
    • Lupus
    • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
    • Polymyositis

Graduated in 2002

Yale New Haven Hospital
      NYU-Hospital for Joint Diseases
      Georgetown University

Dr. Cadet does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cadet and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Rheumatology