Dr. Maeve O'Connor, MD

Allergy & Immunology | Female

Dr. Maeve O'Connor, MD
Dr. Maeve O'Connor, MD is an allergy & immunology doctor who practices in Charlotte, NC. She is 47 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. O'Connor is affiliated with Carolinas Medical Center - Lincoln, Novant Health - Presbyterian Medical Center, Carolinas Medical Center - Mercy, Carolinas Medical Center - Northeast, Carolinas HealthCare System University and Carolinas Healthcare System Union.

Dr. O'Connor's Care Philosophy

Integrative..Innovative..Individualized

Dr. O'Connor's Experience

See how Dr. O'Connor's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. O'Connor

Dr. O'Connor accepts 16 insurance carriers

Dr. O'Connor is now accepting new patients
Elizabeth1523 Elizabeth Ave Ste 200
Charlotte, NC 28204
Evening
Saturday
(704) 910-1402Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. O'Connor has admitting privileges.

Dr. O'Connor's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. O'Connor to family and friends
3.8
Dr. O'Connor's Performance
in Monroe, NC |
Dr O Connor has figured out what a lifetime of doctors could not. She has literally saved my life. I have primary immune defiency diagnosed by Dr O'CONNOR. I have been to countless doctors hospital ER, you name it I have done it. I have been told it was in my head, anxiety and allergies. Her new staff is AMAZING they fought with insurance and got IVIG approved and had my first infusion.
in Monroe, NC |
I have been a patient at AAIR of Charlotte for over three years (immunology). Doctor O'Connor is a treasure, SO knowledgeable, and friendly. I finally have answers to questions I've had for decades. She spends the amount of time needed for each patient, and she prioritizes critical cases. As with all doctors who are not driven by the clock, sometimes that means waiting. She is TOTALLY worth the wait! LOVE her!
I am a wine and food professional. As such, my ability to smell is critical. After my local physicians were unable to determine the cause of my declining sense of smell, I sought answers from Dr. O'Connor. She was able to diagnose my problem, establish a treatment plan, and ultimately cure me. On top of that, her demeanor is extremely pleasant and genuinely compassionate. She definitely earned my five-star rating. Thank you, Dr. O!
Huntersville, NC |
Dr. O'Connor is a wonderful doctor. She listens to her patients and thinks outside the box for possible diagnoses.
Charlotte, NC |
I visited Dr. O'Connor's office for about a year for allergy and immune issues. After a year of many different test & medications no resolution. When I went in she nor her staff had any record of what I was prescribed last or what test had already been completed. Most of the time I would sit in the office for between 1hr and 2hrs before I was seen. They have double billed my insurance co which I am now fighting with no response from AAIR Charlotte. Terrible excuse for a medical practice!
Please contact our billing department if you are having issues. Extension 428. Also we would like to address you concerns- please contact our practice administrator Judy Mayo 704-910-1402 ext 327- we would like to hear from you and improve our services!!!
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. O'Connor is the most knowledgeable and advanced allergist in the southeast. If you want the very best care, go see her.
in Ft Mill, SC |
Amazingly helpful. After seeing so many doctors it is great to have one listen to you and truly help solve your problems.
in Charlotte, NC |
We moved here 13 years ago with a son that had asthma, severe nut, dairy and egg allergies in addition to many seasonal and environmental allergies. Dr. O' Connor was awesome, our previous allergist was with John's Hopkins so we struggled to find someone to provide that level of care for our son. Dr. O'Connor and her staff have been invaluable to our family we have since had a daughter with food, seasonal, environmental and asthma. The level of care we have received has been top notch.
in Concord, NC |
Has done a work up on me comparable to the Cleveland Clinc in an effort diagnose and treat myself and son with a confusing primary immune deficiency with hundreds of intolerances. This has even included consulting with the NIH on our behalf. We attempted a different allergy office that had zero ability to understand tryptase levels in 2 year olds, and a coworker who concluded that him blowing up like a Marshallow man was an allergic/swelling response to a virus he never had.
in Charlotte nc |
Dr. O'Conner is a great Allergy and Asthma Doctor. My daughter has bad asthma and she dose a great job with her.
in Charlotte, NC |
Dr. O'Connor is an awesome allergist! I have been seeing her for several years and I recommend her to everyone that I know who suffer from allergies or asthma. Her staff is friendly and she has several office locations through out Charlotte.
in Raleigh, NC |
She was very rushed and didn't have much time to answer questions. Her responses were borderline patronizing. Her CNA staff is involved in explaining things they aren't qualified to. I had a phone call with lab reports from her office (which I was billed for and the CNA couldn't read the report so I had to request she email it to me and a CNA gave me inaccurate information in my consult. There was also multiple issues with insurance and paperwork that the receptionist was rude to me about.
in Concord, NC |
I made an appointment with this doctor based on the reference that she had a peanut allergy trial for the Charlotte area. I took my daughter, she got tested all over again, and never got called back despite my many calls to inquire about the trials and requests for her to call back to schedule my daughter's appointments. I am really disappointed in this practice and will never go back to this clinic where there is a clear discrepancy with what they offer and what they can do.
in New York, NY |
Very poor overall care, i.e. when serious reactions problem arose from allergy shots recommended by Dr. only P.A.'s available for scheduled appointment with inadequate care.
Have you seen Dr. Maeve O'Connor, MD?

Compare Dr. O'Connor

Dr. O'Connor's Care Philosophy

Integrative..Innovative..Individualized

Dr. O'Connor's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Allergy & Immunology
  •  Board certified in Allergy & Immunology, Integrative Medicine and Internal Medicine

Dr. O'Connor has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

Why It Matters: Dr. O'Connor's Board Certifications

• Allergic Tension Fatigue Syndrome
  • Anaphylaxis
  • Angioedema
  • Asthma
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Sinusitis

Graduated in 1992

• Other Education
    University Of Arizona

Completed in 2015

Dr. O'Connor does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. O'Connor and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Allergy & Immunology