Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD

Pediatric PsychiatryFemaleAge 44

Dr. Ghayas
Telehealth services available

Fulshear family Heath consultants.

19255 Park Row Ste 105 Houston, TX 77084

Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD is a Pediatric Psychiatry Specialist in Houston, TX. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ghayas to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Pediatric Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Check Dr. Ghayas' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Ghayas' Top Procedures and Conditions

Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)

Dr. Ghayas performs Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) more than 94% of her peers

Dr. Ghayas performs this procedure more than 94% of her peers

Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent

Dr. Ghayas performs Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent more than 80% of her peers

Dr. Ghayas performs this procedure more than 80% of her peers

• Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychiatric Evaluation - Child and Adolescent
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Dr. Ghayas accepts

Dr. Ghayas accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Ghayas' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ghayas

3.8

Dr. Ghayas?
  • Office environment (16)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (16)
  • Appointment scheduling (15)
  • Difficult to schedule appointment (6)
  • Staff wasn't friendly (6)
  • Appointment was rushed (5)
Dr. Ghayas has been my psychiatrist for a few years now. I was going through a very stressful work transition that led me to have pretty bad anxiety and some depression. Dr. Ghayas listened to me, was willing to hear my suggestions, and put me on the right medication to have me start feeling myself again. She is great at what she does, she cares about her patients and I plan to continue to work with her. Sometimes I have seen her PA's who were also good. I have nothing but nice things to say about her.
Jul 02, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD?
I can't comment on Dr. Ghayas herself because I never even got to see her. I schedule an appointment 2 weeks ago, nobody contacted me so it got cancelled. I scheduled an appointment for last Friday, I waited for my video phone call after turning in my new patient paperwork, it got cancelled because "they never received the paperwork". I re-sent it and they told me they would call me with a reschedule appointment time. I get a call on Monday asking if I'm ready for my appointment in 10 minutes, which no one has informed me about at all. So I say I'm not ready because no one has contacted me, may I reschedule for later in the week? Reschedule for today. Pay $285 to be put on hold for over 20 minutes. Idk what the particular issue is this go around since I picked this doctor based on user reviews, but I guess this isn't the doctor for me. If anyone else has similar issues, than this isn't the doctor for you either.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
Jun 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD?
My college daughter scheduled an initial visit with Dr. Ghayas; however, she only saw a PA. My daughter felt she was not listened to, and was given a script and instructions for a new med, all-the-while being told that she would need to find another psychiatrist in the city where she is studying. $300 wasted.
Aug 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD?
Never had an issue with scheduling. Dr Ghayas is the 1st psychiatrists I’ve ever seen. Wish I would have visited sooner. Absolutely a life changer.
Mar 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD?
The doctor was great. She listened to my concerns and answered my questions. The only complaint is with scheduling. I made my appointment a month in advance and the appointment did not show up in their system and I was going to have to be rescheduled. I am a little wary that my future appointments will not be scheduled.
houston, TX – Jan 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD?
I'm a new patient who has been treated for PPD. I called on July 2 to schedule an appointment and August 22nd was the earliest Dr. Ghayas could see me. I took the appointment and asked to be added to the cancellation list. On August 20, Maria called to reschedule my appointment because the doctor won't be in the office. I assumed that they would work to squeeze me in since I've waited so long. Boy was I wrong!!! She can't see me until October. I will never schedule an appt with her ever again.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Aug 21, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD?
I love her. She is so easy to talk to and I always feel like her medication recommendations work for me.
tamra king in katy, tx – Aug 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD?
Dr. Ghayas is wonderful! She is very easy to talk to and is an excellent listener. She is able to ask just the right follow-up questions to help get to the root of the issue. She is attentive and is genuinely interested in the success of her patients. I would highly recommend Dr. Ghayas to anyone looking for professional psychiatric help.
Madison LeBlanc in Fulshear, TX – Sep 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD?
I experienced a severe depression that was difficult to treat because I am so sensitive to medication. Dr Ghayas provided excellent care & restored my mental health. I'm happy she is my psychiatrist & highly recommend her. She was available anytime through email.
Joanne Wilson in Fulshear, TX – Aug 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD?
I have been seeing her for a while and trust her very much. She has always been helpful and been a good listener. I have referred my friends and family to her because of my experience. She was a blessing in my life when I needed one badly!
DA in Katy, TX – Aug 19, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD?
She is so trustworthy and understanding of your concerns, and she takes the time to really work through your issues and explain your treatment thoroughly she's amazing!
Katy, TX – Aug 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Ghayas for over two years and she is the most wonderful person I have ever met in the perfessional field. She was so easy to talk with and now I look at her as part of my family,as she has help me so much for my depression,anxiety,etc. when I was looking for a Dr. My son came across her on google.Thank God for Dr Ghayas,I just love her and the wisdom she has to have helped me through my tough times and is still helping me today.God bless you Dr Ghayas and thank you for help
Debra in Houston, TX – Aug 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD?
Poor communication with returning phone calls. Front desk secretary is extremely rude and unprofessional. Needed FMLA paperwork signed for work and she wouldn't do it because the first time she did, " was a favor" per her secretary. In my opinion, if the information from the department of labor holds true that: FMLA is granted for a spouse to care for a sick spouse who has a serious health condition. Why is my paperwork not getting signed. Knowing that my spouse has a severe chronic illness?
TX – Jul 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD?
Someone from the office called to tell me the doctor had a cancellation and did I want that appt at 10:30. She said, The doctor wants to go home early. I said I couldn't and would keep my original appt time of 3:20, she said ok. When I arrived, the doctor was gone! I was told, "The doctor had an emergency". I said, "No, she did not. You called me to see if I could take the cancellation time because the doctor wanted to go home early." The office staff member said, "Yes, I know. I'm so sorry."
Katy, TX – Jul 07, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD?
She initially seemed like a good psychiatrist but a few month into seeing her (for ADHD management) , she had her assistant call me and tell me she would no longer be seeing me because my insurance was no longer accepted. I offered to pay out of pocket but she refused. She insisted I go on several medications that she prescribed. After she dropped me I could not get refills for this medications I was already accustomed to. She did not give me a reference to another doctor.
Katy, TX – May 10, 2017
It's unfortunate that you had to go through this....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD?
Great Doctor who really cares about your well being and is a great listener!
Chris S. in katy, tx – Apr 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD?
Dr. Ghayas is simply awesome. She spends time with you and discusses in depth how medications are affecting you during the follow up visits, and I absolutely love a doctor who really spends time to understand how you are feeling. She's super nice and I definitely trust her. If you are trying to find a Psychiatrist like her in Houston, I definitely recommend that you check out her practice! :)
Anna R. in Katy, TX – Dec 09, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Madiha Ghayas, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ghayas?

• Pediatric Psychiatry