Dr. Madhu Gorla, MD

Dr. Madhu Gorla, MD

Ophthalmology  |

Dr. Madhu Gorla, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Glenview, IL. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Gorla is affiliated with Rush University Medical Center, Presence Saint Francis Hospital, Glenbrook Hospital and Evanston Hospital.

Chicago Glaucoma Consultants

2640 Patriot Blvd Ste 100

Glenview, IL 60026

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
  • CoreSource
  • Golden Rule
  • Medicare
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Gorla

The trend in many medical fields is being less and less invasive. For example, with surgical procedures - even with cataract surgery - 30-40 years ago patients had to stay overnight at the hospital. The instruments were definitely different. Now we have so many more advances that can make things minimally invasive. The entry into the eye is 2 millimeters big where it used to be 10 millimeters big, and that makes for faster healing and faster outcomes. One of the advantages with ophthalmology is with the proper diagnosis and management, and the proper team to support us, that we can help people with most or many disease processes. So it's very gratifying. Coming to work, we want to help people, and that's a very abstract goal. But when you get to the specifics of it, you can really do a lot of good for patients on a one-to-one basis.

Video

Dr. Gorla's Experience

Dr. Gorla's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Cataract Surgery Complications
  • Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Eye Disease
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Scleral Reinforcement Surgery
  • Trabeculotomy Ab Externo
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery
  • YAG Laser Capsulotomy

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Boston Univ
  • Harvard Med School
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed
  • University Of Pennsylvania Scheie Eye Institute
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Gorla has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Gorla does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gorla and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Gorla's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gorla to family and friends
Dr. Gorla's Performance
in Chicago, IL |
I recommend Dr. Gorla for his surgical skills and his personal skills. I have been in his care for 10 years. He is thorough in his examination and explanation of results. He skillfully removed my cataracts. He explained the procedure to me, walked beside my gurney to the operating room, explaining what was to occur.. He talked to me during the procedure and after. This greatly assured me. I felt I was a partner in the procedure. I recommend Dr. Gorla to my family and friends.
in Northbrook, IL |
My mom is a 76 years old immigrant from Russia, and she never considered going to any other doctor except Russian speaking. When she faced the fact she cannot delay her cataract surgery any longer, our friends recommended Dr. Gorla. She hesitated in the beginning, because she was not sure how she would be able communicate with him. It turned out just fine and she felt very comfortable and confident with the doctor. Doctor Gorla has Russian speaking assistants in his office in Glenview and in th
in Evanston, IL |
Totally satisfied with Dr. Gorla. He exudes quiet competence, attention to detail, is an empathic listener, performed a flawless procedure which exceeded clinical expectations and has a skilled staff. He exceeds expectations. I would highly recommend Dr. Gorla to family and friends and not hesitate to have my children under his skilled care should the occasion arise.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Gorla is exactly what a patient wants in a doctor! Smart, understanding, great listener and most important, compassionate. Dr. Gorla has a knack for breaking down complex isssues regarding the eyes and making it easier to understand to the lay person.
in Lombard, IL |
Dr. Gorla removed cataracts and placed a new lens in both my eyes in July and August of 2016. The entire procedure from beginning to end was excellent. That includes pre-surgery appointments outpatient, 2 hospital procedures and post surgery out patient appointments. The hospital staff and the office staff were excellent, competent, kind, and thorough. I highly recommend him and plan to continue with him as my physician for opthamology. Helen A. Farrell
in Prospect Heights, IL |
I do not usually take the time to post a review, however, Dr. Gorla most certainly deserves a positive recommendation. I have found him to be personable, caring and extremely professional. He has handled my vision concerns with the utmost attention to detail. He has been consistent and successful in his management of my issues. I have complete confidence in his expertise and advice.
in Arlington Heights, IL |
I have glaucoma. Was referred to Dr Gorla by former optolmologist. Dr Gorla is so knowledgable , takes time to tell all options about treatment. Staff is friendly equipment very advanced I would recommend this Dr to anyone
in Chicago, IL |
I've had three surgical procedures on my eyes during the last two years, all three performed by different doctors. Only the last one, performed by Dr. Gorla, left me with no pain after the anesthesia wore off, and no complications whatsoever. Gorla is the one I'd recommend. He's an artist in his field, and a gentleman.
in Chicago, IL |
I was lucky to find Dr. Gorla for my cataract surgery. It took me a whole year to find an ophthalmologist I could have confidence in. This was the right decision and everything was perfect. I am very thankful to Dr Gorla and his staff who made this experience easy for me. Dr Gorla is not only an outstanding ophthalmologist, but also a very friendly, caring and kind person. I would always recommend him!
in Evanston, IL |
In the last year I have had two posterior vitreous detachments, one in each eye, which can potentially be very serious and lead to retinal detachment. Dr. Gorla saw me immediately when I had this issue, one time talking to me in the evening and arranging to see me at 8 am the next morning (I had to drive back to Chicago from northern Wis., otherwise he would have seen me that night!). Under his care, my condition is stable; and I know he is always available should I need to see him.
in Libertyville, IL |
Dr. Gorla is one of the most professional and knowledgeable physicians I know. He listens, carefully considers the patient's needs and then explains treatment plans. Dr. Gorla has been my ophthalmologist for years and he has always been available when I have questions, showing both kindness and concern. Gorla is a excellent doctor and I highly recommend him.
in Glenview, IL |
I was referred to Dr. Gorla for what turned out to be Angle Closure Glaucoma. Almost immediately, my IOP returned to normal and all of my symptoms have gone. I see great, and I'm sure I wouldn't be able to say that had it not been for his skills and knowledge. I couldn't be more pleased with my treatment and results!
Dr. Gotla went above and beyond throughout my lens implantation surgery. He opened the office on weekends in order to do the proper follow ups for my procedure. He called to make sure that I was doing better, knowing I was experiencing a lot of pain. Overall, I would recommend Dr. Gorla to anyone because of him I can now wake up and see clearly.
Have you seen Dr. Madhu Gorla, MD?
Are you Dr. Gorla?

Visit Dr. Gorla

Dr. Gorla accepts 16 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois