Dr. Macy Smith, MD

Cardiology •  Male • Age 46

Dr. Smith
Telehealth services available

Cardiovascular Associates of the Southeast (CVA)

3980 Colonnade Pkwy Birmingham, AL 35243

Dr. Macy Smith, MD is a cardiology specialist in Birmingham, AL and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from University of Alabama At Birmingham in 2001 and specializes in cardiology and clinical cardiac electrophysiology.

Dr. Smith's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Smith

4.2

Dr. Smith?
Dr. Smith's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Macy Smith, MD
I am relatively young with AFIB and after alot of study, decided i needed an ablation. After careful review and with access to many providers, i found Dr Smith to be the best and most experienced Dr i could find to perform an ablation. Dr Smith informed me of all the risk and before surgery suggested a loop recorder to make sure we were detecting all potential irregularities. Dr. Smith was always professional and very attentive to my questions (i'm good at asking questions when it comes to my heart) and i appreciate him and his staff for working with me for an extended period. Unfortunately i was in the % of people that more scarring was needed, so i needed a 2nd ablation to fix my AFIB. Dr Smith worked with me the entire way and i'm happy to report i am medicine free and AFIB free at the age of 51. Many great years ahead with no AFIB! Thank you Dr Smith and your staff.
D Lovell , Bham, AL – Feb 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
I am blessed to have Dr. Smith in Birmingham to care for me. I was faced with traumatic heart problems recently and Dr. Smith made it his mission to get me on the road to recovery quickly. His diagnosis, treatments, and medications prescribed were on target. He was accessible when needed and his professional manner was calm and comforting.
Jane S – Nov 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
Dr. Macy Smith has been my cardiologist for several years. I have an arrhythmia. The first visit with him, I had experienced a tragic loss in my family. He sat we me and listened to my cardiac problems, as well as my personal problems. He was so caring. He really cares about his patients. He has always been there for me. I would recommend him to any of my friends and family.
Heather reynolds – Oct 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
No waiting beyond time expended registering - DrSmith is always collegial, inquisitive and informative Is interested in my exercise/ diet/ family history Ablation scheduled in nov- one night at Grandview projected and home free Dr Smith had his nurse contact me to be sure I had the pre surgery instructions down pat Several months ago Dr. Smith collaborated with my urologist re my prostate surgery resulting in a significant alteration of prescribed medicines prior to removal of prostate Urologist was complimentary re the active role practiced by Dr. Smith in ‘ global ‘ approach to my well being I always look forward to seeing Dr Smith who has become a friend to me and my family- in short - he is a good guy as well as a brilliant and distinguished cardiologist
James H.Hard – Oct 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
I would highly recommend Dr. Smith to any of my family or friends. He is extremely dedicated to his patients well being and is very giving of his professional time well beyond most cardiologist. Dr. Smith and his staff are very kind and professional on each and every visit.
Wes Wildmon – Oct 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
Dr Smith is an absolutely amazing Cardiologist. He has taken care of me and my heart, and corrected a very serious Atrial Fibrillation, by conducting a delicate Ablation procedure. He has not only brought my heart under normal rythm, he is extremely caring, and has excellent bedside manners and the way he treats me as a patient is outstanding. He fully explains what is wrong, and what needs to be done to fix it. He is a Blessing!
Harold A Coghlan – Oct 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
Dr. Smith has been my Cardiologist a year due to an emergency visit at the hospital. I am truly BLESSED to have him as my Cardiologist, he listens, concern and cares about my medical needs. Dr. Smith and his staff is a superb team and I appreciate all that they do.
C.Jones – Oct 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
I was having issues my heart beating too fast. My internist scheduled an echo for me and when I was having it done the person doing it asked me if I wanted it sent to a cardiologist as well as my internist. I had heard a lot of great things about Dr Smith so I told her to send a copy to him. I was told there were some abnormalities and that I did in fact need a cardiologist. I made the appointment with Dr Smith and long story short, I am 61 years old and I feel better now than I did 20 years ago! I finally feel like I am living life instead of just being alive!! Dr Smith listens to me and asks questions to see if anything has changed since the last time I saw him. I have a friend who was just told that she needed a cardiologist and she asked me who I went to as she has seen for herself the difference he has made in my life. Thank you Dr Smith!!!
Terrl Keith – Oct 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
Dr. Macy Smith and his CVA staff are fantastic. I'm so pleased that I was referred to him and chose to trust him. Having heart problems is scary and emotional, and it was refreshing to have his professional demeanor and direct focus to me and my symptoms. I've since come to know him as one of the most brilliant doctors with a genuine sense of caring and vested interest in helping improve my quality of life. I would refer anyone to him; I even recommended him to my own mother (AFib) after she had a bad experience with another doctor and firm in town, and Dr. Smith was able to correctly manage her condition quickly. When mom's happy, I'm happy.
John R Lawley – Oct 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
I'm an RN. Dr Smith did an oblation on my brother in law, and he ended up back in hospital several days later with cardiac tightness and moderate/severe pain. When Dr Smith saw him, he was very unprofessional and unkind to him, saying "I told you that you might have complications." But at no time did he suggest he would be back in the ER with chest pain. He is now being seen by another cardiologist, needless to say.
Oct 19, 2019
We sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
Dr. Smith was extremely rude to my 74 year old father. Do not question him in any way, or he will get extremely angry. It was shocking how unprofessional he was. We will be filing a formal complaint.
Lindsay Corley – Oct 17, 2019
We sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding. ...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
I had been seeing a doctor at CVA that I was very disappointed in. I have been a patient of Dr. Brocks for an number of years when it was discovered that I had suffering from frequent atrial fibrillation. He wanted to keep me on medication and I told him that was unacceptable to me, so I changed doctors. I was told that Dr. Smith was the best for AFIB treatment and they were correct. He performed two ablations over a four months period and I have been making improvements each visit. I am alive.
Feb 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
I had been suffering from frequent atrial fibrillation for 13 years. Medications did not help and I was told by several cardiologists that there was nothing they could do and not to worry about it. On my first visit to Dr. Smith, he assured me that there was a remedy. Three weeks later he did a cardiac ablation. I had one more episode 2 weeks later but have had no other problems. I have my energy back and a renewed zest for life! Thank you Dr. Smith!!!
Linda Beyer in Irondale , AL – Aug 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
Very smart and kind! Works hard to help his patients
Birmingham, AL – Dec 14, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
CVA worked me in within a week of being referred. I was then referred to Dr. Smith who worked me in a week later. He's great to explain everything and he and his staff are very efficient and professional. The system they have maintains patient privacy and is very efficient. I have had an excellent experience during my visits!
Barbara Phelps in Pelham , AL – Aug 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
This physician was very rude to my wife and told her she should choose another physician in the practice. When my wife asked about the MRI another physician had ordered, Smith stated he did not know about the MRI. He should treat his patients with respect and not be condescending. If you are overweight, do not tell a patient that she is out of shape. There will be more complaints with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama.
Daytona Beach, FL – Jul 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
I became a patient of Dr. Smith in an emergency situation. Had that not been the case and I had time to choose, I would NOT CHANGE A THING! I am so very thankful.
MLR in Birmingham, AL – Feb 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
Dr. Smith has been my cardiologist for aprox. 4 yrs I couldn't ask for a more beter or caring Dr.
Ft Payne, AL – Jan 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
I have afib. Dr Smith has been my physician for four years and I wouldn't want to go to anyone but him. Not only do I value his expertise but I also feel valued by him as a person. He genuinely cares and treats me with respect and as another human being rather than a patient who is inferior to him. I highly recommend him.
Kathy Sechriest in Birmingham, AL – Jan 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?
Dr. Smith did an ablation on me and followed up to verify that it worked. I am thankful for him and his caring spirit. Jack Wheeler
Jack Wheeler in Gadsden, AL – Jan 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Macy Smith, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Smith?

• Cardiology