Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD

Practices Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 3 after 59 reviews.
Author:
Pretty much to the point, cut and dry. Doesn't do chit chat. Runs mostly on time. Nice office staff.
Author:
Very through in finding the real reason for my tiredness with few blood tests & increase of medication dosage. I have been feeling 80% better since I am taking my medication at the suggested time every night.
Author:
I’ve been a patient of Dr. Barhoum’s for at least 7 years. If you’re looking for a doctor who will sugar-coat a diagnosis, he’s not the doctor for you. However, if you want an intelligent, knowledgeable and no nonsense physician, then I strongly recommend him. He carefully reviews blood work, and explains the results, asking if there are any questions or concerns. His office staff is cordial, helpful and remembers the patients. I feel very confidant with him.
Author:
He's an irritating Doctor, reprimands you like a Child....has no compassion or Patience.......donot recommend him
Author:
Dr. Barhoum is helpful, efficient, attentive, and trust worthy. His office staff is really organized and helpful. After seeing about four different endocrinologists prior to coming to him, I definitely feel like he is the most qualified out of all my previous doctors. He may have a more direct bedside manner, but that does not take away from his skill and qualifications.
Author:
He rude and cocky. He should mot be treating people. I asked for my records and he told his assistant it's going to cost me $25. This is ridiculous. Do not go there.
Author:
My ins changed & I had to find a new endocrinologist. I'm a type I diabetic with hypothyroidism & having quite a bit of issues with erratic blood sugars. Dr Barhoum is amazing!! I can't say enough good things about how he's working so closely with me & the progress I've made under his care. His staff is just as amazing! The first time I walked in, they treated me as if I've been a patient there forever!
Author:
If I could rate lower than one star I would.
Author:
My brother had been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism so he was reccomended to Dr.Barhoum. from the minute we walked in he was rude to us and definitely acted very cocky and condescending. He diagnosed my brother with graves disease, and urged my brother to get his thyroid removed immediately. We got a second opinion from another doctor and turns out he didn't have graves disease and it was just a hot nodule. He didn't even need to get his thyroid removed. Please do not go with Dr.Barhoum.
Author:
Very pleased with this office. Staff is on point very efficient. Doctor is great I have seen results and I have only been in twice. Took me a while to have finally found a doctor I trust. You can tell that the staff had been there awhile and that they all have a good relationship. Give him a change don’t go base on negative reviews.
Author:
I want to say THANK YOU to Dr B for saving my life! After gestational diebetes, my health took a turn for the worse. I couldn’t control my sugar levels and gained 30lbs in just one year. I exercised and ate healthy but nothing I did seemed to work. Now a year later, I lost 30lbs and went from a size 18 to a size 12. Dr B guided me and held me accountable! He wasn’t there to sugar coat anything, it was either I change my lifestyle or be diabetic. Dr is the best!
Author:
ZERO STARS!!! I was shocked at how this doctor treated me in the hospital. First of all, he didn't give me enough insulin, I shot up to over 500, then he gave me too much. He doesn't listen to you, He didn't go by my regime at home, he almost over-dosed me on insulin then came in screaming at me for refusing too much insulin. He was awful, What a terrible bedside manner. I'll never go the this hospital again, for this is their regular endocrinologist there. Horrible experience.
Author:
Not bloody likely. He has an absolutely terrible bed-side manner.
Author:
If I could give him zero stars I would! Dr Barhoum has no bedside manner whatsoever! He has no compassion and is quite rude.. I have seen him a couple of times and he DOES NOT listen or discuss..he dictates! I am cancelling any future appointments with him immediately. I advise you to seek medical help elsewhere!!!
Author:
Very rude, starts talking over you in a madly manner.
Author:
Dr B was 45min late and didn't even mention it. Worst bed side manor I've seen yet. He's unempathethic and acts like he cares less. He was dramatic and negative. After seeing him, I made an appointment with a different Endo due to a lack of trust in Dr B. All in all, Dr B was a waste of time and money.
Author:
Janice the manager is very rude, disrespectful towards patients and doesn't understand how critical a procedure is for a thyroid cancer patient.
Author:
I've had a great experience with Dr Barhoum and his staff. They've always been easy to work and have been super helpful with my changing of appointments due to last minute travel. They run on time, which I respect, as I am always in a hurry I feel like. Overall I am very satisfied with this office and feel like a healthier person that's for sure.
Author:
I met Barhoum when he was on call while I was in hospital for DKA and chose to continue to see him after I was released. First appointment? He told me I was going on a pump and CGM and I was set up within two weeks. I am thankful for his insistence as my A1C went from 12.8 to 6.5 in six months. His approach did make me cry the first few sessions but I realized that I needed to hear the truth and be pushed to maintain control. He forces you to be responsible for your health which is what I needed
Author:
Rude and condescending. Acted as if I was bothering him. He REQUIRES you see him every 3 minths. If you dont he will discharge you. Made an appointment after 9 months. Called back to try and move up my appointment because my rx for insulin was up. They said they dont have any appt on record and that I was discharged. Go to primary care for rx. Onsite nutritionist was very good and the only reason I was going back.
Author:
I highly recommend Dr Barhoum , he is smart physician , was able to get my diabetes under control
Author:
Very straight to the point and does not tell you anything but the truth. Sometimes it is hard to hear, but its true
Author:
I did not read any reviews before my appointment. From reading some reviews I noticed that some people relieve their anger by writing bad reviews, and I believe it's personal issues. Staff is very nice and helpful. He is straight to the point and I think that's why he seems very tough and bedside manners, because he cares about his patients and wants best results from the treatment. He is very serious taking care of his patients and because of that my A1c was 11.5 and now 6.6 3months only!!!!!!!
Author:
Terrible Doctor, First doctor I ever had that did not tell me my results over the phone told to get an appointment. Which I did, he told me my results in under 5 minutes and that was it. I paid $50 for 5 minutes. Worst doctor ever!!!
Author:
To set an appointment - 1st attempt, "Gabby" hung up on me when I asked if there was another doctor in the practice because I didn't want to wait a month to get in; 2nd attempt, "Jean" asked for my credit card info; I asked for the Office Manager; "Janet" stated that patients are charged for not showing up and this is how they get them to keep appointments. And I'm supposed to give that? NO WAY do I trust Gabby, Jean or Janet.
Author:
I admittedly was guarded based on reviews here, which were less than flattering about Dr. Barhoum's bedside manner. So, I was surprised to encounter a businesslike gentleman of few words; who appeared to be reserved, (bordering on shy) and dedicated to his vocation. I've since seen Dr. a handful of times and found his treatment to be very effective. Within 2 weeks, my out-of-control glucose test levels were well within normal range, and my A1C fell ~15 points to norm/low in about 4-5 months!
Rude. Disrespectfull, short,
Author:
Very positive experience. He has an onsite nutritionist, he provides clear & constructive criticism, he has a team of compassionate staff and by far has extensive knowledge on innovative solutions using technology to monitor glucose levels