Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD
Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Libertyville, IL. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Barhoum is affiliated with Northwestern Medicine Lake Forest Hospital and Advocate Condell Medical Center.

755 S Milwaukee Ave Ste 186

Libertyville, IL 60048

• HealthLink

Learn about Dr. Barhoum

Dr. Barhoum's Experience

Dr. Barhoum's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Craniopharyngioma
  • Klinefelter Syndrome
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
  • Turner Syndrome
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

• Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Diabetes Counseling

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Tichreen / Faculty Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1988
  • Our Lady Of Mercy Med Ctr
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Our Lady Of Mercy Med Ctr
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1996
  • U Ark For Med Scis
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Barhoum has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Barhoum does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barhoum and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Barhoum's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barhoum to family and friends
2.9
Dr. Barhoum's Performance
in Libertyville, IL |
If I could give him zero stars I would! Dr Barhoum has no bedside manner whatsoever! He has no compassion and is quite rude.. I have seen him a couple of times and he DOES NOT listen or discuss..he dictates! I am cancelling any future appointments with him immediately. I advise you to seek medical help elsewhere!!!
in Chicago, IL |
Very rude, starts talking over you in a madly manner.
Houston, TX |
Dr B was 45min late and didn't even mention it. Worst bed side manor I've seen yet. He's unempathethic and acts like he cares less. He was dramatic and negative. After seeing him, I made an appointment with a different Endo due to a lack of trust in Dr B. All in all, Dr B was a waste of time and money.
Gurnee, IL |
I have been seeing Dr. Barhoum for about six years. He is very knowledgeable, thorough and to the point. He is extremely professional, cares about his patients, and does require visits twice a year. It's common sense if a patient has thyroid or diabetes issues. He is almost shy, but his face lights up when my 86 year old mother visits for her appointment. He also has great compassion.
Round Lake |
Janice the manager is very rude, disrespectful towards patients and doesn't understand how critical a procedure is for a thyroid cancer patient.
in Gurnee, IL |
I've had a great experience with Dr Barhoum and his staff. They've always been easy to work and have been super helpful with my changing of appointments due to last minute travel. They run on time, which I respect, as I am always in a hurry I feel like. Overall I am very satisfied with this office and feel like a healthier person that's for sure.
Chicago, IL |
I met Barhoum when he was on call while I was in hospital for DKA and chose to continue to see him after I was released. First appointment? He told me I was going on a pump and CGM and I was set up within two weeks. I am thankful for his insistence as my A1C went from 12.8 to 6.5 in six months. His approach did make me cry the first few sessions but I realized that I needed to hear the truth and be pushed to maintain control. He forces you to be responsible for your health which is what I needed
Mundelein, IL |
Rude and condescending. Acted as if I was bothering him. He REQUIRES you see him every 3 minths. If you dont he will discharge you. Made an appointment after 9 months. Called back to try and move up my appointment because my rx for insulin was up. They said they dont have any appt on record and that I was discharged. Go to primary care for rx. Onsite nutritionist was very good and the only reason I was going back.
in Gurnee, IL |
I highly recommend Dr Barhoum , he is smart physician , was able to get my diabetes under control
Stone Park, IL |
Very straight to the point and does not tell you anything but the truth. Sometimes it is hard to hear, but its true
in Gurnee, IL |
I did not read any reviews before my appointment. From reading some reviews I noticed that some people relieve their anger by writing bad reviews, and I believe it's personal issues. Staff is very nice and helpful. He is straight to the point and I think that's why he seems very tough and bedside manners, because he cares about his patients and wants best results from the treatment. He is very serious taking care of his patients and because of that my A1c was 11.5 and now 6.6 3months only!!!!!!!
in Round Lake, IL |
Terrible Doctor, First doctor I ever had that did not tell me my results over the phone told to get an appointment. Which I did, he told me my results in under 5 minutes and that was it. I paid $50 for 5 minutes. Worst doctor ever!!!
Wonder Lake, IL |
To set an appointment - 1st attempt, "Gabby" hung up on me when I asked if there was another doctor in the practice because I didn't want to wait a month to get in; 2nd attempt, "Jean" asked for my credit card info; I asked for the Office Manager; "Janet" stated that patients are charged for not showing up and this is how they get them to keep appointments. And I'm supposed to give that? NO WAY do I trust Gabby, Jean or Janet.
in Lake County, IL |
I admittedly was guarded based on reviews here, which were less than flattering about Dr. Barhoum's bedside manner. So, I was surprised to encounter a businesslike gentleman of few words; who appeared to be reserved, (bordering on shy) and dedicated to his vocation. I've since seen Dr. a handful of times and found his treatment to be very effective. Within 2 weeks, my out-of-control glucose test levels were well within normal range, and my A1C fell ~15 points to norm/low in about 4-5 months!
Grayslake, IL |
Rude. Disrespectfull, short,
in libertyville |
Very positive experience. He has an onsite nutritionist, he provides clear & constructive criticism, he has a team of compassionate staff and by far has extensive knowledge on innovative solutions using technology to monitor glucose levels
Have you seen Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
Are you Dr. Barhoum?