Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Male · Age 56

Dr. Barhoum

Advanced Diabetes/Endocrin Ctr

755 S Milwaukee Ave Ste 186 Libertyville, IL 60048

Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Libertyville, IL and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from University of Tichreen / Faculty of Medicine in 1988 and specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism.

Dr. Barhoum accepts

Dr. Barhoum accepts the following insurance:

Coventry Health Care
Coventry Health America PPO
HealthLink
HealthLink PPO
Preferred PPO

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check Dr. Barhoum's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Klinefelter Syndrome
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Male Infertility
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia

2.9

Dr. Barhoum?
Dr. Barhoum's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD
Pretty much to the point, cut and dry. Doesn't do chit chat. Runs mostly on time. Nice office staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
Very through in finding the real reason for my tiredness with few blood tests & increase of medication dosage. I have been feeling 80% better since I am taking my medication at the suggested time every night.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
I’ve been a patient of Dr. Barhoum’s for at least 7 years. If you’re looking for a doctor who will sugar-coat a diagnosis, he’s not the doctor for you. However, if you want an intelligent, knowledgeable and no nonsense physician, then I strongly recommend him. He carefully reviews blood work, and explains the results, asking if there are any questions or concerns. His office staff is cordial, helpful and remembers the patients. I feel very confidant with him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
He's an irritating Doctor, reprimands you like a Child....has no compassion or Patience.......donot recommend him
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
Dr. Barhoum is helpful, efficient, attentive, and trust worthy. His office staff is really organized and helpful. After seeing about four different endocrinologists prior to coming to him, I definitely feel like he is the most qualified out of all my previous doctors. He may have a more direct bedside manner, but that does not take away from his skill and qualifications.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
He rude and cocky. He should mot be treating people. I asked for my records and he told his assistant it's going to cost me $25. This is ridiculous. Do not go there.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
My ins changed & I had to find a new endocrinologist. I'm a type I diabetic with hypothyroidism & having quite a bit of issues with erratic blood sugars. Dr Barhoum is amazing!! I can't say enough good things about how he's working so closely with me & the progress I've made under his care. His staff is just as amazing! The first time I walked in, they treated me as if I've been a patient there forever!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
If I could rate lower than one star I would.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
My brother had been diagnosed with hyperthyroidism so he was reccomended to Dr.Barhoum. from the minute we walked in he was rude to us and definitely acted very cocky and condescending. He diagnosed my brother with graves disease, and urged my brother to get his thyroid removed immediately. We got a second opinion from another doctor and turns out he didn't have graves disease and it was just a hot nodule. He didn't even need to get his thyroid removed. Please do not go with Dr.Barhoum.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
Very pleased with this office. Staff is on point very efficient. Doctor is great I have seen results and I have only been in twice. Took me a while to have finally found a doctor I trust. You can tell that the staff had been there awhile and that they all have a good relationship. Give him a change don’t go base on negative reviews.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
I want to say THANK YOU to Dr B for saving my life! After gestational diebetes, my health took a turn for the worse. I couldn’t control my sugar levels and gained 30lbs in just one year. I exercised and ate healthy but nothing I did seemed to work. Now a year later, I lost 30lbs and went from a size 18 to a size 12. Dr B guided me and held me accountable! He wasn’t there to sugar coat anything, it was either I change my lifestyle or be diabetic. Dr is the best!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
ZERO STARS!!! I was shocked at how this doctor treated me in the hospital. First of all, he didn't give me enough insulin, I shot up to over 500, then he gave me too much. He doesn't listen to you, He didn't go by my regime at home, he almost over-dosed me on insulin then came in screaming at me for refusing too much insulin. He was awful, What a terrible bedside manner. I'll never go the this hospital again, for this is their regular endocrinologist there. Horrible experience.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
Not bloody likely. He has an absolutely terrible bed-side manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
If I could give him zero stars I would! Dr Barhoum has no bedside manner whatsoever! He has no compassion and is quite rude.. I have seen him a couple of times and he DOES NOT listen or discuss..he dictates! I am cancelling any future appointments with him immediately. I advise you to seek medical help elsewhere!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
Very rude, starts talking over you in a madly manner.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
Dr B was 45min late and didn't even mention it. Worst bed side manor I've seen yet. He's unempathethic and acts like he cares less. He was dramatic and negative. After seeing him, I made an appointment with a different Endo due to a lack of trust in Dr B. All in all, Dr B was a waste of time and money.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
Janice the manager is very rude, disrespectful towards patients and doesn't understand how critical a procedure is for a thyroid cancer patient.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
I've had a great experience with Dr Barhoum and his staff. They've always been easy to work and have been super helpful with my changing of appointments due to last minute travel. They run on time, which I respect, as I am always in a hurry I feel like. Overall I am very satisfied with this office and feel like a healthier person that's for sure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
I met Barhoum when he was on call while I was in hospital for DKA and chose to continue to see him after I was released. First appointment? He told me I was going on a pump and CGM and I was set up within two weeks. I am thankful for his insistence as my A1C went from 12.8 to 6.5 in six months. His approach did make me cry the first few sessions but I realized that I needed to hear the truth and be pushed to maintain control. He forces you to be responsible for your health which is what I needed
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?
Rude and condescending. Acted as if I was bothering him. He REQUIRES you see him every 3 minths. If you dont he will discharge you. Made an appointment after 9 months. Called back to try and move up my appointment because my rx for insulin was up. They said they dont have any appt on record and that I was discharged. Go to primary care for rx. Onsite nutritionist was very good and the only reason I was going back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maan Barhoum, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Barhoum?

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

1999
1996
1994
1988

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Barhoum treats patients.