Dr. M Whitney Parnell, MD

Dr. M Whitney Parnell, MD

General Surgery  ·
Female  ·

Dr. M Whitney Parnell, MD is a general surgery specialist in Myrtle Beach, SC and has been practicing for 18 years. She specializes in general surgery, trauma medicine, and more.

Surgical Associates of Myrtle Beach

845 82nd Pkwy

Myrtle Beach, SC 29572

• Centene
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Parnell

See how frequently Dr. Parnell performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Breast Diseases
Bone Disorders

Dr. Parnell's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Parnell "Dr. Parnell wishes to recognize the value of every person and is guided by a commitment to excellence and leadership. Dr.Parnell demonstrates this by: * Providing exemplary physical, emotional and spiritual care for each patient and their families * Balancing the continued commitment to the care of those underserved in our area with the provision of highly specialized services to a broader community. *Demonstrating social responsibility through the just use of our resources."

• General Surgery
  • Breast Surgical Oncology
  • Trauma Medicine

Dr. Parnell does not have any board certifications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• University of Wyoming
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1990
  • Creighton University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • Phoenix Integrated Surgical
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Parnell has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Parnell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Parnell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Parnell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Grand Strand Health – Grand Strand Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Parnell is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View awards

Dr. Parnell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Parnell to family and friends

Dr. Parnell's Performance

I have had two surgeries with Dr Parnell and have come out of the consultations before/during and after the surgeries with excellent knowledge and care. She was great to me and my family and would hope if you are need of General surgery, give her a call.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Parnell is excellent in diagnosing my issues and explained in detail what I may encounter. She did have to refer me to another physician, but will be able to provide me the care I need within the scope of her practice. I found her personable, compassionate and precise. I'm an R.N., who moved...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
I am hoping she was just having a bad disconnected day the other day...I felt like she was not listening to me and my husband and I found her somewhat abrupt. I generally have not felt like this with her, will see how my next appt works out.
Are you Dr. Parnell?

More General Surgery Specialists like Dr. Parnell at Surgical Associates of Myrtle Beach

Vascular Surgery Specialist