Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD

General Surgery •  Male • Age 48

Dr. Dawson

General and Laparoscopic Surgeons of New York

162 E 78th St New York, NY 10075

Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in New York, NY. Dr. Dawson has more experience with Gastric Surgery and Liver/Pancreas/Gallbadder/Spleen Surgery than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Lenox Hill Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Dawson to book an appointment.

Dr. Dawson's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dawson

95.7983193277311%

Dr. Dawson?
What People Say About Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD
Dr. Dawson was professional, informative, reassuring, and engaging with respect to all aspects of the treatment related to the recent repair of a ventral hernia. As a representative example, after the surgery, he went to the waiting room and personally escorted my wife to the recovery room.
Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
I had a excellent experience with Dr Dawson, who repaired my inguinal hernia robotically. He put me at ease about the surgery from my initial consultation with him and walked me through every step of what I would experience before, during and after the procedure. There were no surprises. He came to see me in the hospital prior to and also after the surgery. The surgery went very well and I was back at home that same afternoon. Dr Dawson is a concerned, skillful and responsive surgeon that I highly recommend.
Velimir Kovacevic – Feb 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Dr. Dawson ushered me through one of the most horrific periods of my life with great compassion, expertise and skill. He explained everything thoroughly and with care. He took his time. He was in very close communication when needed. He helped me manage both the hospital and insurance experience. I recommend Dr. Dawson with out hesitation.
William Petroni – Jan 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Dr. Dawson was exceptional. From the first consultation to the post-op follow-up he was kind, patient and took the time to explain the entire process. He answered all my questions. He is a doctor who immediately puts one at ease so you feel very comfortable. Definite;
Vashti – Dec 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
I had a fantastic experience with Dr Dawson, who repaired my inguinal hernia robotically. He put me at ease about the surgery from my initial consultation with him and walked me through every step of what I would experience before, during and after the procedure. There were no surprises. He came to see me in the hospital prior to and also after the surgery. The surgery went very well and I was back at home that same afternoon and never needed to take any pain killers at all. He was very responsive during the next few days to several questions I had and we exchanged some e mails as he looked in to see how I was doing. Dr Dawson is a concerned, skillful and responsive surgeon that I highly recommend.
MC – Dec 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Dr Dawson is an extremely competent surgeon who explains the procedure he is going to perform, gives confidence and is extremely responsive to any and all questions.
Dec 07, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
From initial consultation to follow-up, Dr. Dawson and the team were always right on the mark. He is knowledgeable, professional and personable. The outcome of my procedure exceeded my expectations.
Charles Anderson – Dec 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Careful, thoughtful, patient, compassionate. Explained everything in layman's understanding and went into clear detail when asked. There were absolutely no surprises as a result. Accessible 24/7 before and after surgery for questions. Have already recommended him to family and close friends. A complete no-brainer.
Nov 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Dr Dawson was excellent--he communicated clearly, he was caring and the hernia surgery was successful at every level. I enthusiastically endorse Dr Dawson if you have the need to remedy a hernia
Sep 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
My visit with Dr. Dawson was great. My appointment was on time and Doctor Dawson clearly explained everything to me. I was very impressed with the office and the initial visit. The surgery that followed my office visit was equally outstanding. The care I received was terrific and very impressive. In all, my surgery experience was a wonderful experience.
Sep 13, 2019
Excellent surgeon.
Jul 27, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Outstanding. I had a gallbladder removal and an umbilical hernia repair in late June 2019. It is my third surgical procedure with Dr. Dawson over the last 10 years. Dr. M. Shane Dawson is dedicated, kind, compassionate and highly skilled. He explains everything step by step and remembers everything that you have told him as well. Dr. Dawson is an asset to the medical profession.
Cindy – Jul 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Dr. Dawson was recommended to me by my general physician. All I can say is that my treatment has been excellent not only by Dr. Dawson but by his entire staff as well. My hernia repair could not have worked out better and Dr. Dawson is a really nice person who explains each and every step of the process.
Vincent Pecoraro – Jul 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Dr Dawson has an excellent and commendable character. First met him at the emergency room and I felt safe already. Sometimes a patient’s medical/surgical problems come second concern when you’ve been assured that you’re in safe hands. I felt taken cared of, respected and like the most important person of the moment. Thank you so much.
Zenaida – Jul 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Dr. M. Shane Dawson is simply wonderful. From the moment I met him I knew he was the doctor I wanted to perform my surgery. He answered all my questions, no matter how long it took and reassured me I was doing the right thing. He explained in simple terms just what the procedure entailed. He is kind and caring and you will love his smile. The hernia surgery went off without a hitch. I was back home only hours following the procedure. I had no need for pain killers because I had no pain. The follow up visits to his office were a very pleasant experience. The doctor and his staff are wonderful. I give Dr. Dawson my highest recommendation.
Mitchell Lebe in New York , NY – Jun 29, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
A great surgeon. Everything before and after was explained clearly. Surgery went well and ten days later I feel great. Very kind and caring. I highly recommend Dr. Dawson
Paul Rankin in New York, NY – Jun 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
I am a week out from my surgery which was performed by M. Shane Dawson MD and feel fantastic. Not only is Dr. Dawson a wonderful surgeon but he is a very caring person as well. Dr. Dawson was very patient to answer all of my preoperative questions but his follow-up was the best that I have ever experienced. I never right reviews but in this case I wanted every potential patient to know that you will get the best possible care and results.
Robert Perlman in Fort Lee, NJ – Jun 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
The best medical care experience, ever. Dr. Dawson won our confidence immediately with his manner but especially with his expertise in latest surgical and care technologies. He answers questions in depth, giving full explanations, pluses and drawbacks. And then, he's just an all around good, caring, funny human being. I recommend him with all praises and without hesitation. And his staff--aces in courtesy and professionalism!
Rita Garcia in Jamaica, NY – Feb 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Dr Dawson is an amazing surgeon with a perfect bedside manner. He recently operated on my triple hernias, and was there every step of the way. His flexibility is refreshing, and his interest is authentic. He helped me understand what was about to happen, what was happening, and what I should expect to happen.
Edward C. in New York, NY – Jan 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Great bedside manner, well thought out explanations and post-op instructions. Procedure went without a hitch.
Dec 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dawson?

Dr. M. Shane Dawson received his bachelor's degree from Louisiana State University and his medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA. He then completed his surgical training at Lenox Hill Hosp...

• General Surgery