Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD

Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD

General Surgery  ·
Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD is a general surgery specialist in New York, NY and has been practicing for 15 years. He graduated from La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans in 1998 and specializes in general surgery, laparoscopic surgery, and more.Read his story

162 E 78th St Fl 1

• Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Cholelithiasis
  • Colectomy
  • Colectomy and Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Constipation
  • Crohn's Disease
  • Dialysis Access Procedures
  • Diaphragmatic and-or Hiatal Hernia
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Varicose Veins
  • Ventral Hernia
  • Wound Repair

"Dr. M. Shane Dawson received his bachelor's degree from Louisiana State University and his medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans, LA. He then completed his surgical training at Lenox Hill Hospital and fello...

• General Surgery

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Dawson

Dr. Dawson?
Dr. Dawson's Performance
What People Say About Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD
The best medical care experience, ever. Dr. Dawson won our confidence immediately with his manner but especially with his expertise in latest surgical and care technologies. He answers questions in depth, giving full explanations, pluses and drawbacks. And then, he's just an all around good, caring, funny human being. I recommend him with all praises and without hesitation. And his staff--aces in courtesy and professionalism!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Dr Dawson is an amazing surgeon with a perfect bedside manner. He recently operated on my triple hernias, and was there every step of the way. His flexibility is refreshing, and his interest is authentic. He helped me understand what was about to happen, what was happening, and what I should expect to happen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Great bedside manner, well thought out explanations and post-op instructions. Procedure went without a hitch.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
As the husband of a surgeon I am lucky to have insider knowledge as to how talented Dr. Dawson really is. He is the guy that doctors send their families to. Last week I had bilateral hernias repaired with mesh laparoscopically. Surgery went great. Near zero pain with very minor soreness for a few days. Able to go to work next day (a bit sore) and now, 5 days out, all is well. I never took the narcotic pain meds, didn't need them. Dr. Dawson is a great guy with a w
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
I had laparoscopic surgery: bilateral inguinal hernia repair with a mesh. Very thoughtful and caring doctor. Takes time to explain things. You don’t feel like he is rushing you through the system to get to the next patient. Surgery went really well on the Friday and I was back at on Monday. Could not be more satisfied. Only downside was he was not in my network (Oxford insurance), but it was worth the out of network expense.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Dr. Dawson is a magnificent physician. I experienced complete professionalism, skill and compassion under his care. His personal attention in advising family member after procedure was gracious. When I had an unrelated eye problem on a Saturday evening he personally returned my call. Every encounter with Dr. Dawson and his very personable and professional staff has been pleasant. As a Senior he has my highest recommendation. Barbara T. Ellis
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Dr. Dawson was great in every way- supportive, explained things clearly and most of all solved my gallbladder problem. One week after surgery I felt like a new person. I highly recommend Dr. Dawson.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Awesome person, very efficient. He did a great job, thoroughly recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
I have had two surgeries with Dr. Dawson: hiatal hernia repair and gallbladder removal. He is technically expert and thorough in explaining the procedures, and very compassionate.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
I can't have asked for a better surgeon than Dr. Dawson. I had never been through surgery before, and from the moment I arrived at the hospital he was reassuring and put me at ease. He explained every step of the process thoroughly, and did everything he could to make me feel calm and unworried. I felt completely comfortable being in his care, and was impressed by his excellent bedside manners. The operation was successful, and in the following month, he followed up frequently by text or phone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Dr. Dawson had been recommended to me, and I am so glad I went to him. Clearly highly intelligent, Dr. Dawson also had a sensitive bedside manner, followed up with me regularly post surgery, and took the time to answer my questions in a patient, understandable way. I always felt that I had his undivided attention and that he tailored my treatment precisely to my situation. I would give him the strongest, most unqualified recommendation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Dr. Dawson has that rare ability of administering sound rational advice while securing one's confidence that he is securely aware of the extent of your specific need and the course timeline required to address it. There was no anxiety in entrusting my surgical treatment to his professional acumen.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
He took such great care of me! I couldn't have asked for a better doctor. He was so patient with all my questions and always called back when I had a question.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Absolutely would recommend without hesitation. Dr. Dawson is expertly competent in his field, highly professional and posesses a most pleasant demeanor throughout. In short - Tip Top.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Dr Dawson took time to listen to my situation and answer any questions I had before and after my surgery. He went above and beyond in coordinating my surgical care. I would highly recommend Dr Dawson as he is by far an excellent surgeon!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
I recently had a hernia laparoscopic surgery with Dr. Dawson that was painless and from which I recovered within days to attend my grandson's graduation from college with literally no pain or discomfort. The fa,mily was shocked. I recommend him without reservation.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
I am writing this note in my appreciation of Dr. Shane Dawson’s excellent and comforting care, and of his staff. It is never an easy experience going through surgery however my experience has been pleasant and I recovered quickly with limited discomfort. Before the procedure I was asked questions meticulously by all of his staff and by Dr. Dawson himself. I was discharged from the hospital until all were certain I was in good shape. Thank you again, and should all patients be so lucky! VG
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
We were referred to Dr. Dawson by our gastroenterologist who recommended surgery. He concurred and scheduled the surgery as promptly as possible. His office and bedside manner was professional, warm and thorough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
I recently visited Dr. Dawson for a hernia, and found him to be an excellent doctor. He was friendly and patient, and explained my condition and necessary surgery with tremendous thoroughness. On the day of my surgery he once again told me what to expect during and post surgery. His demeanor was extremely calming and comforting. He was available to me if I had any questions or concerns after my surgery. His office staff is extremely professional as well. I highly recommend Dr. Dawson.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. M Shane Dawson, MD?
Dr Dawson was very helpful, friendly, and answered all my questions. I was very comfortable leading up to, day of, and after the procedure.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Dawson?

General and Laparoscopic Surgeons of New York