Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD
Dr. Gombera grew up in Houston. After injuring his knee playing high school football, Dr. Gombera became avidly interested in orthopedic surgery. He graduated from the University of Texas in Austin with High Honors, and went on to earn his Doctor of Medicine (MD) from Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas.He moved to the Midwest to complete his orthopedic surgery residency at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, where his research in the treatment of sports-related injuries resulted in peer-reviewed publications, book chapters, and presentations at national orthopedic meetings. During his residency, Dr. Gombera provided sports coverage to a variety of Division I teams including the Michigan basketball, hockey, and football teams.He then came to Chicago to complete his fellowship in sports medicine at Northwestern University. His experience focused on the modern treatment of sports-related injuries of the shoulder, elbow, hip, and knee, as well as shoulder arthroplasty. In addition, he worked as the assistant team physician to the Northwestern football team, the Chicago Cubs and the Chicago Blackhawks. During his fellowship, Dr. Gombera instructed orthopedic surgery residents during lectures, in the operating room, and was invited as a faculty instructor to the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) Shoulder and Knee Residents' Arthroscopy course. He continues to instruct trainees and practicing surgeons at the AAOS Residents' Arthroscopy course, and the American Shoulder and Elbow Society (ASES) Open and Arthroscopic Techniques in Shoulder Surgery Course.Dr. Gombera continues to contribute to the medical literature on the treatments of injuries to the shoulder, hip, and knee. He is currently a member of the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons, the Arthroscopy Association of North America, and the American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine.

Dr. Gombera's Experience

See how Dr. Gombera's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Gombera

Dr. Gombera accepts 10 insurance carriers

Dr. Gombera is now accepting new patients
    Fondren Orthopedic Group7401 Main St Fl 2
    Houston, TX 77030
    (713) 794-3457Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Gombera has admitting privileges.

Dr. Gombera's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Gombera to family and friends
    Dr. Gombera's Performance
    in Houston, TX |
    I am Blessed to finally find a professional who truly cares for his patients, and strives to make sure he has done all he can. Dr. Gombera is a breath of fresh air! I will forever be in his debt, and I will go to him, and his hospital for all my orthopedic needs! Thank you Dr. Gombera!
    in Houston, TX |
    I am so happy that I chose dr Gombera thanks to the referral of my friend ,PT Oriana Guzman. He is somebody that genuinely cares about his patients, doesn't force the idea of surgery, listens to our needs and concerns and is definitely somebody I can trust with my health. Thank you Dr Gombera for a successful knee repairs -Maria Gomez
    in Houston, TX |
    Dr. Gombera is great. His office is very easy to get into and I was able to make an appointment within days (compared to other doctors at Texas Orthopedic who take weeks/months before you can get in). He has excellent bedside manner and explained all of my options and truly took the time to make sure I understood all of my options. Never had to wait long (10 min was the longest I had to wait). Had hip surgery in Dec. and 6 months later I am pain-free and couldn't be happier with the outcome.
    in Katy, TX |
    I was very pleased with Dr. Gombera's services. He started out with a very conservative approach with my meniscus tear, which I appreciated. I ended up having arthroscopy surgery and have been very happy with the results. My recovery has been right on task with what he predicted. I would definitely recommend him. The first two times that I had appointments with him, I had less than 15 minutes wait time. The "over 45 minute" wait time listed below seemed to be unusual.
    in Village mills tx |
    Very pleased with visit before and after surgery
    in Houston, TX |
    He was easy to talk to and invested in my best outcome. I felt like a person that mattered, and not a patient being milled through a system. My case took a few twists and turns, but I never felt abandoned. I felt we made the best logical moves. We, while he is obviously the educated physician with the power to make all the calls himself, he made it feel like my care was a partnership at every turn. That's invaluable. It made me trust him.
    Conroe, TX |
    Dr. Gombera did my shoulder surgery two days ago. Surgery went great and I am in very little pain. I will start PT tomorrow and see the Doctor in 10 days. This experience has been so much better than I imagined. The only complaint I have is Dr Gombera's office staff does not have good customer service or compassion.
    in Houston, TX |
    Dr. Gombera is an excellent surgeon, he fixed my hip and for ever i will be grateful.
    in Houston, TX |
    He is a skilled surgeon with a wonderful bedside manner. I would recommend him to anyone with shoulder problems. He told me exactly what to expect and how long it would take to rehab---- he was right on.
    in Spring, TX |
    I highly recommend Dr. Gombera. He repaired the labral tear of my right hip and I'm now pain free. He's very knowledgeable and took the time to answer all my questions. I give him 5 stars!
    in Deer Park, TX |
    I have felt at ease with Dr Gombera from day one. He has treated Team Jacque with respect. Would recommend to family and friends.
    in Houston, TX |
    I was referred to Dr. Gombera through another physician in the practice and he has been fabulous. Dr. Gombera really took the time to explain everything from test results to treatment plan in depth and answered questions thoroughly. Both he and his assistant were awesome with getting scans approved as well as surgery with my insurance. They kept me updated every step of the way and communicated everything. Highly recommend Dr. Gombera!
    in Houston Texas |
    I came to see Dr Gombera because of knee pain. He is very communicative and has great bedside manner.
    in Houston, Tx |
    I was referred to Dr. Gombera by another doctor in his practice. He was able to diagnose what was wrong very quickly and accurately. My condition has significantly improved. When I aggravated the injury later, he was easy to work with when I called back for a refill on meds and to figure out what the next course of action was. I'd definitely recommend him.
    in Nederland texss |
    Very well organized office and extremely patient orientated
    in Groves, Tx |
    He is a wonderful Doctor. Will and have recommended him to everyone I know. I cannot Thank him enough for getting my husband back to walking again.
    in Houston, TX |
    One of the best physicians I've come across and I've seen many over the years. Very professional and knowledgeable. His bedside manner is wonderful and he will take the time to explain and answer all questions. He makes you feel comfortable and listens to what you have to say. Another huge plus is that he's funny and has a good sense of humor. A laid-back approach and will do what he can to help. Highly Recommended.
    Have you seen Dr. Mufaddal Gombera, MD?
    Are you Dr. Gombera?

Dr. Gombera says...

Dr. Gombera is a fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon specializing in sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery.  His objective is to provide high-quality care to patients, and to return athletes to an active and fulfilling lifestyle. Dr. Gombera combines the latest advancements in orthobiologics and evidence-based practice to develop personalized and patient-focused treatments.

Dr. Gombera says...

Dr. Gombera specializes in sports medicine, arthroscopy, and the treatment of sports related injuries. Using minimally invasive techniques that speed recovery and reduce complications, Dr. Gombera treats hip impingement and  labral tears, meniscus (knee cartilage) tears, ACL and multi-ligament knee injuries (ACL, PCL, MCL, LCL), rotator cuff and labral tears of the shoulder, shoulder instability, and shoulder arthritis.

Dr. Gombera's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

University Of Michigan Medical Center
      University Of Michigan Medical Center
      Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
      University of Texas / Austin Campus

Dr. Gombera does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Gombera and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Surgery